Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand’s Future? 2022 and beyond

Rand’s Future? 2022 and beyond

When/if Rand Paul declines to run for a 3rd term in the Senate, what will he do next? I would say a 2024 POTUS run is likely, but what else could happen? Could he run for KY Governor? Or will Rand be a two term senator and then just retire from active politics?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Man's had part of a lung removed

I wouldn't doubt it if he sails in the sunset now
    this s*** is lost Beyond Hope anyway
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

If he doesn't retract his support for Red Flag laws he doesn't have a political future.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    If he doesn't retract his support for Red Flag laws he doesn't have a political future.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    Man's had part of a lung removed

I wouldn't doubt it if he sails in the sunset now
    this s*** is lost Beyond Hope anyway
    Hopefully after the collapse we will return to liberty-principles. I'm interested to see if Detroit has a grassroots free market spring up.

Meh... seems that these guys can just pretend it never happened, and they still have the devout support of their base. AmmmIRight?

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

“It has to be individualized and you have to have your day in court before we take rights away”-Rand Paul.

If that happens then Trump will have succeeded in his mission to destroy the liberty movement. Trump's friend and early backer Bill Clinton will be quite pleased.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He may just want to go home to Bowling Green to practice ophthalmology.
    Last edited by euphemia; 08-24-2019 at 07:16 AM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Cannot speak for him but if I were him and wanted to remain in politics, I would not run for POTUS. I would consider governor if the state wanted me. It seems that Thomas Massie was almost begged to represent his constituents. Unless Rand has people begging for him to become Governor, I would either remain as Senator or leave politics altogether. I don't think he would ever garner the support necessary to become POTUS and even if by some miracle he did pull it off I would bet he would be better off without it.
    Last edited by Schifference; 08-24-2019 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    He may just want to go home to Bowling Green to practice dentistry.
    Practicing dentistry as an ophthalmologist?

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Rand isn't going anywhere. I get the impression that he likes the job as senator.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Practicing dentistry as an ophthalmologist?
    You are absolutely right. Knee replacement and pain meds. I have corrected my post. Honestly, I hope Rand will try to stay in politics, but the Pauls have had a tough year and I wouldn’t blame them if they wanted to pick regular life back up. Their kids are grown. They don’t seem to be married, but likely there will be the next seasons of weddings and grandchildren.
    #NashvilleStrong

Okay folks, we can stop with the jabs. I had my second knee replacement recently. I am on pain meds. That is the small explanation for my mistake.
    #NashvilleStrong

I think there is a 50/50 chance he doesn't run again based on things that I know. Sorry I can't be more accurate.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    I think there is a 50/50 chance he doesn't run again based on things that I know. Sorry I can't be more accurate.
    Thank you for telling us your inside information is worth as much as a coin to flip. That's enlightening.
    We believe our lying eyes...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Thank you for telling us your inside information is worth as much as a coin to flip. That's enlightening.
    I knew someone that argued everything was 50/50 chance even winning the lottery. Either you win or you don't. 50/50.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Think about it... he's been punched, nearly shot, his base has practically abandoned him (his own fault), his '16 run was embarrassing, and has made almost no progress on any issues in a while.

While he has Trump's ear Trump seems to do whatever he is told to do with the last person he talks to. I'm going to guess than Rand is now thinking it isn't worth it and that he could go around helping other candidates and raising money and running a PAC and being a doctor and be more effective and without all of the BS that come with being in office.

If Rand went back to being true to principle and being a hardcore fighter, then I want him to stay in office. But if he isn't going to do that, I'm not really sure what the point is especially since he doesn't really participate in the perks of being in office but yet seems to suffer all of the downsides.

There is more but I don't want to break confidence.

All of that being said, that's why I think there is a good chance, or at least a fair chance, that he doesn't run again and maybe lets Thomas run for his slot.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Okay folks, we can stop with the jabs. I had my second knee replacement recently. I am on pain meds. That is the small explanation for my mistake.
    *Hugs* Hope you get to feeling better!

Quote Originally Posted by liberty_nc View Post
    When/if Rand Paul declines to run for a 3rd term in the Senate, what will he do next? I would say a 2024 POTUS run is likely, but what else could happen? Could he run for KY Governor? Or will Rand be a two term senator and then just retire from active politics?
    I would not expect to see future pres runs .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    I knew someone that argued everything was 50/50 chance even winning the lottery. Either you win or you don't. 50/50.
    Your acquaintance is either retarded or a genius.

50/50
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

All of that being said, that's why I think there is a good chance, or at least a fair chance, that he doesn't run again and maybe lets Thomas run for his slot.

I know you are a highly paid political expert who has won numerous big races. But the odds of Massie winning a Senate race are .0001%.
    The average cost to win a Senate race is $11 million. Massie has raised $60k year to date. https://www.opensecrets.org/members-...?cid=N00034041 I remember a quarter where he raised 12k. I would bet if Rand weren't in the Senate, Massie would lose his House seat, even in a very conservative district, within one term.

Massie would be an underdog to win a Senate race in Republican Kentucky against a Democrat. Massie would likely finish fourth or worse in a GOP Senate Primary. Massie is an ultra fringe candidate with none of the political or fundraising ability of Ron or Rand. Massie's ONLY chance for Senate is an appointment from Bevin if McConnell or Rand dies or retires.

I was going to say the same thing based on things I know.
    Last edited by Superfluous Man; 08-26-2019 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    Your acquaintance is either retarded or a genius.

50/50
    Well you are either a retard or you are not. 50/50!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I know you are a highly paid political expert who has won numerous big races. But the odds of Massie winning a Senate race are .0001%.
    The average cost to win a Senate race is $11 million. Massie has raised $60k year to date.
    Probably because he hasn't tried to fundraise. If he made a push I guarentee you that he would raise a lot. Every real conservative operation in the country would be helping him, and probably Trump too (since he hasn't been stupid like Amash and alienated the President).

Massie would be an underdog to win a Senate race in Republican Kentucky against a Democrat. Massie would likely finish fourth or worse in a GOP Senate Primary. Massie is an ultra fringe candidate with none of the political or fundraising ability of Ron or Rand. Massie's ONLY chance for Senate is an appointment from Bevin if McConnell or Rand dies or retires.
    And this is why I used to get paid to do politics and you did not.

Matt, Thomas has always said the House is the highest office he aspires to. I doubt he will run for Senate. Maybe Comer would be a good option once McConnell retires..

Probably because he hasn't tried to fundraise. If he made a push I guarentee you that he would raise a lot. Every real conservative operation in the country would be helping him, and probably Trump too (since he hasn't been stupid like Amash and alienated the President).

And this is why I used to get paid to do politics and you did not.
    So basically you know nothing about politics.

Feel free to contradict and post your tax returns to show just how in demand your political knowledge was.

Feel free to contradict and post your tax returns to show just how in demand your political knowledge was.
    There's no need for that. He made a bold prediction right here in this thread that we can use to test his acumen, namely that there was a 50/50 chance of Rand running again.

If that prediction turns out to be true, by Rand either running for reelection or not running for reelection, then we know the Collins is the real deal.

A lot more than you do, but that has already been proven.

A lot more than you do, but that has already been proven.

I find it amusing how condescending you are to everyone who questions your views.

As far as I can tell you were low level grunt in politics who graduated from a fifth tier school. Yet you carry yourself like you are Roger Stone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast