Thread: White House won't move forward with billions in foreign aid cuts

White House won't move forward with billions in foreign aid cuts

The White House will no longer move forward with a proposal to cut billions of dollars in foreign aid that was allocated in the latest congressional budget deal, according to a senior administration official.

The Office of Management and Budget was expected to release a package this week calling for cuts in $4.3 billion in foreign aid through a process known as rescission. But the plan was taken off the table amid pushback from some top administration officials and lawmakers in Congress, the official said.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...reign-aid-cuts
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I'm shocked.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    I'm shocked.
    Ya think?
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Ya think?

Ah, you too eh?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Well over a hundred years of folks holding their breath...it's just one big mission to the stars and beyond.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Cut off Israel before cutting off the poor Countries, then cut them off, but not
    before Rich Israel, so fond of War Crimes, illegal occupation, land robbery,
    and controlling American Politics.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But Trump was considering it. Or at least somebody claimed he was.

And that's what counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post

And that's what counts.
    Next week a Trumpkin will post a thread about how Trump really wanted to but then Ivanka or Mnuchin or Cobra Commander convinced him not to.

Then they'll be able to still credit and praise him as if he did it, even though he didn't. It's magical that way.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post

And that's what counts.
    He has the best considerations. Unfortunately, he has simply not followed through with enough of them. He has lost political clout by doing this. To the point nobody takes any of his threats seriously. I'd be surprised if he actually goes through with higher tariffs on China.

Well thats not good.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    He has the best considerations. Unfortunately, he has simply not followed through with enough of them. He has lost political clout by doing this. To the point nobody takes any of his threats seriously. I'd be surprised if he actually goes through with higher tariffs on China.
    He makes lots of promises. But as long as people think he is doing something about a problem, it doesn't matter if he really does anything. Just claim credit and move on.

according to a senior administration official

Let me know when this is actually confirmed.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

What a cuck-tease ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Don't forget that every time he considers doing anything, he also considers doing the exact opposite. So every time he does that he follows through on something he considered. And he deserves credit for all those follow throughs.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    worst dictator ever, how dare he consult with congress which controls the spending
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    worst dictator ever, how dare he consult with congress which controls the spending
    Had he done what the OP says, and proposed rescission, that would have been consulting Congress, who would then have to approve that proposal.

What a great way to eliminate the deficit
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Next week a Trumpkin will post a thread about how Trump really wanted to but then Ivanka or Mnuchin or Cobra Commander convinced him not to.

Then they'll be able to still credit and praise him as if he did it, even though he didn't. It's magical that way.
    Clearly it is Putin forcing Trump to give out foreign aid.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    He makes lots of promises. But as long as people think he is doing something about a problem, it doesn't matter if he really does anything. Just claim credit and move on.
    He is just doing what Putin tells him to do.

Let me know when this is actually confirmed.
    Did you want confirmation when it was said that they were going to do it?

Nope: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6669274
    Pinochet is the model

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Did you want confirmation when it was said that they were going to do it?

Nope: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6669274
    The news rarely makes up things to make Trump look good and it was clear that it hadn't been confirmed yet.

So let me know when this RUMOR is confirmed. (This rumor does confirm the original report that it is being considered)
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert089 View Post
    Why are you so anti-Semitic? Israel is part and parcel of America's soul.
    FK Israel, and you can fk the fk off for name calling its against tos by the way.
    Why don't you just go live there since you love War Criminals, butchers
    and land robbers.
    Israel is a cancer eating away at America.