Thread: Trump: Car Makers Should Lower Prices $3000 Each and Make Them Better

Trump: Car Makers Should Lower Prices $3000 Each and Make Them Better

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Your title is incorrect. He said his proposal would lower the average price.

I propose that businesses (a) make more money, and (b) lose less money.

I'm available for consulting.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    I propose that businesses (a) make more money, and (b) lose less money.
    I'm available for consulting.
    I would assume that the proposal he referenced was the one the automakers rejected recently that would have relaxed the EPA/CAFE standards.

For those of you who don't know how much Trump is talking out of the ass that's inside his ass, talking out if it:

https://www.carwale.com/best-suvs-in-india/

For conversion: 1 Lakh (which is 100,000 rupees) is roughly $1400,
    and 1 km / L = ~2.35 mpg.

Just a sampling, and bear in mind, this is the larger cars available in India - the 6+ seater small SUVs.

Suzuki XL6 - 6 seater, $13,720 avg showroom price, 42.27-44.67 mpg

Hyndai Venue, $9100 (!) and up to 55mpg in diesel

and if you weren't pissed enough....
    https://www.cargodam.com/top-10-suvs-india/

THIS IS A *********ING FORD.
    Ford EcoSport, starting under $11k, and 54.05 mpg Diesel.

All you need to do is look at what these same companies are selling outside of the US to figure out how much the "foolish executives" have to do with the problem of the price of cars here.

Last edited by fisharmor; 08-21-2019 at 02:11 PM.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

And for the green-math disinclined, the fact that all of these cars get double the mileage of an equivalent US model, means that the emissions the India models produce have to be more than double what the US models produce, in order to make them less green... and that's not even getting into the fact that they're all roughly 1/3 the cost of US models, too, and what that means in overall carbon footprint.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    For those of you who don't know how much Trump is talking out of the ass that's inside his ass, talking out if it:
    All you need to do is look at what these same companies are selling outside of the US to figure out how much the "foolish executives" have to do with the problem of the price of cars here.
    Uhm, those executives are the ones that rejected his proposal that would have loosened the strict CAFE requirements.

And for the green-math disinclined, the fact that all of these cars get double the mileage of an equivalent US model, means that the emissions the India models produce have to be more than double what the US models produce, in order to make them less green... and that's not even getting into the fact that they're all roughly 1/3 the cost of US models, too, and what that means in overall carbon footprint.
    Are they street legal here? I'm guessing not.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Uhm, those executives are the ones that rejected his proposal that would have loosened the strict CAFE requirements.
    I thought it was generally known that the biggest problem with cars here today isn't the fuel standard requirements (which my post should have shown can be far surpassed with ease), but the fact that all the safety wank makes cars that are getting close to 2x heavier than they should to be.

Are they street legal here? I'm guessing not.
    We will never know until people know
    1) That they exist
    2) That we can't have them
    3) That we should at least be asking these questions before we decide what our policies should be.

I thought it was generally known that the biggest problem with cars here today isn't the fuel standard requirements (which my post should have shown can be far surpassed with ease), but the fact that all the safety wank makes cars that are getting close to 2x heavier than they should to be.

We will never know until people know
    1) That they exist
    2) That we can't have them
    3) That we should at least be asking these questions before we decide what our policies should be.
    I agree in part that the fuel standards are only part of the problem, all the other mandates are a big problem as well.
    I see no reason that we can't start by relaxing the impending CAFE standards that are gonna make almost the current gas powered vehicles illegal.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I agree in part that the fuel standards are only part of the problem, all the other mandates are a big problem as well.
    I see no reason that we can't start by relaxing the impending CAFE standards that are gonna make almost the current gas powered vehicles illegal.
    I agree with that. But I guess where I'm going with this is, this is the primary problem with having a convictionless troll as president.
    It gets old, knowing he's capable of pushing through more than he's doing, and watching him consistently not do it, and still get praised heaped on him.

It gets old, knowing he's capable of pushing through more than he's doing
    Think so?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I agree with that. But I guess where I'm going with this is, this is the primary problem with having a convictionless troll as president.
    It gets old, knowing he's capable of pushing through more than he's doing, and watching him consistently not do it, and still get praised heaped on him.
    If he cant even get the industry execs to agree on relaxing the CAFE standards, what do you think the response is going to be when he says that airbags on all sides of the vehicle shouldn't be mandatory either?

Next, trump dictates the price of bread.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    Next, trump dictates the price of bread.

The title of the OP was wrong, Trump was saying that if he could reduce regulations then the car manufacturers could lower their price by that much. But the executives of the car manufacturers rejected the reduction in regulations that Trump was attempting to get rid of.

That means Trump is the good guy.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The title of the OP was wrong, Trump was saying that if he could reduce regulations then the car manufacturers could lower their price by that much. But the executives of the car manufacturers rejected the reduction in regulations that Trump was attempting to get rid of.

That means Trump is the good guy.
    Ah... so no reduction in bread prices..

Zippy - please spin up a thread that claims trump will reduce bread prices. I want to make legitimate use of that awesome bread image I found.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

https://www.carwale.com/best-suvs-in-india/

For conversion: 1 Lakh (which is 100,000 rupees) is roughly $1400,
    and 1 km / L = ~2.35 mpg.

Just a sampling, and bear in mind, this is the larger cars available in India - the 6+ seater small SUVs.

Suzuki XL6 - 6 seater, $13,720 avg showroom price, 42.27-44.67 mpg

Hyndai Venue, $9100 (!) and up to 55mpg in diesel

and if you weren't pissed enough....
    https://www.cargodam.com/top-10-suvs-india/

THIS IS A *********ING FORD.
    Ford EcoSport, starting under $11k, and 54.05 mpg Diesel.

A big part of it in the US isn't really about the cost to manufacture the car but rather about making the price high so that the newly-created-money "loans" are huge. Gotta keep expanding the debt bubble via $50k car price tags, regardless of how much the car actually costs to manufacture.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I'm trying hard to understand this cause and effect.

Cause: Lower car prices by $3000 while simultaneously increasing vehicle safety. (RootNote: I'll stick with my Volvo, for safety. Thanks).
    Effect: Engines will run smoother.

Da fuq?

Edit: +1 to what everyone else said about the auto industry having more products available outside the US.

P.S. I like the new smilies/emojiis

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I'm trying hard to understand this cause and effect.

Cause: Lower car prices by $3000 while simultaneously increasing vehicle safety. (RootNote: I'll stick with my Volvo, for safety. Thanks).
    Effect: Engines will run smoother.

Da fuq?

Edit: +1 to what everyone else said about the auto industry having more products available outside the US.

P.S. I like the new smilies/emojiis
    You misstated the cause because the title is incorrect. The cause is supporting his proposal to reduce regulations.

Automobile Companies would lower the average price of a car to consumers by more than $3000

In America, you will get $5000/acre land in many areas and U.S states

Airbus sells A380 jumbo plane for some $400 million. Boeing sells jumbo 747 plane for $350 million.

Boeing 747 must be sold for $300 million and Airbus A380 must be sold for $340 million

You misstated the cause because the title is incorrect. The cause is supporting his proposal to reduce regulations.
    Sorry, there was no mention of the regulation reductions in the initial tweet posted here. Seems like Trump is a little butthurt that he gave the auto industry a little "free market" room on emissions and the market decided to stick with reducing emissions anyway. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    Sorry, there was no mention of the regulation reductions in the initial tweet posted here. Seems like Trump is a little butthurt that he gave the auto industry a little "free market" room on emissions and the market decided to stick with reducing emissions anyway. Oh well.
    It is there but it is out of context, The tweet starts "My proposal --snip-- would lower the average price ". The subject being his proposal.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It is there but it is out of context, The tweet starts "My proposal --snip-- would lower the average price ". The subject being his proposal.
    This is why I'm not a Twitter. Too much implied content.