Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 448

Thread: College Football Season 2019

  1. #31
    Half time Army 14 michigan 7 .
    Do something Danke



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #32
    Sadly , michigan defeats Glorious Army 24 - 21 in double overtime . As 22 point favorites , of course michigan did not cover the spread . Oyarde wins again.
    Last edited by oyarde; 09-07-2019 at 02:42 PM.
    Do something Danke



  4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  5. #33
    Hoosiers lead 35 - 0 at half . Need a good solid second half of stifling defense and running the ball to get ready for Ohio St.
    Do something Danke

  6. #34
    Maryland defeats # 21 syracuse 63 - 20 as expected . Maryland as one point favorites cover the spread , Oyarde wins again.
    Do something Danke

  7. #35
    I thought Zip's Buffaloes had a chance with Nebraska today , but no offense , trailing 17 - 0 .
    Do something Danke

  8. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I thought Zip's Buffaloes had a chance with Nebraska today , but no offense , trailing 17 - 0 .
    Looking terrible. (not blaming them but we also have all new coaching staff this year). Defense has tightened in the second half so far. Nebraska has a really tough secondary. Shut down one of the best receivers in the NCAA, Laviska Shenault. Intercepted us once in the first half too.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-07-2019 at 03:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  9. #37
    Tide changing? Nebraska QB was 9-9 in the first half and led 17-0. Almost end of the third quarter (1:30 left) and CU finally scored to make it 17-7. Nebraska QB is now 10-14 meaning he has only completed one of five passes in the second half. (Soon as I said that, he completes two of about 10 yards each and we get a face mask penalty)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  10. #38
    Thirteen minutes to play , Hoosier defense has been very good , offense still seems to be struggling with the running game .
    Do something Danke

  11. #39
    Back to back huge plays. Colorado gets a 96 yard TD pass. Kicks off. First Nebraska play scores a 75 yard TD. 24-14. Just one minute into the 4th quarter.

    Five plays and 1:50 later, another CU Touchdown! 24- 21. Still more than 12 minutes left.

    Nebraska on the verge of three and out fumbles on a sack on third and eight. CU ball on their 20 yard line. CU made some big and very successful adjustments at the half it seems. Settle for a field goal but game now tied 24-24 after Nebraska looked in complete control in the first half. 8:30 remain.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-07-2019 at 04:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  12. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Back to back huge plays. Colorado gets a 96 yard TD pass. Kicks off. First Nebraska play scores a 75 yard TD. 24-14. Just one minute into the 4th quarter.

    Five plays and 1:50 later, another CU Touchdown! 24- 21. Still more than 12 minutes left.

    Nebraska on the verge of three and out fumbles on a sack on third and eight. CU ball on their 20 yard line. CU made some big and very successful adjustments at the half it seems. Settle for a field goal but game now tied 24-24 after Nebraska looked in complete control in the first half. 8:30 remain.
    Big comeback from down 17 - 0 .
    Do something Danke



  13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  14. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Big comeback from down 17 - 0 .
    Huge turnaround. We had less than 100 yards at halftime to their 270. Now about even at 381- 386.

    Now Nebraska moves right down the field. Some predicted a high scoring game- at first it didn't seem that way.

    Nebraska goes for it on 4th and one at the Colorado 6. Touchdown. Back up by seven. Almost six minutes left.

    Ugh! 54 yard kickoff return by CU but fumbled and recovered by Nebraska! But they were forced to punt. CU gets it back down by a TD and 3:53 remaining.

    Tough call- I say go for it. Down by seven, fourth and one at midfield at home. Two minutes left. QB keeps for five yards. Still alive. Only one minute. 36 yards for the tying score.

    Touchdown! Game tied with 46 seconds left.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-07-2019 at 05:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  15. #42
    Hoosiers three QB's finish with four TD's , 29 of 40 passing for 441 yards . Win 52 - 0 . I am hoping for a more balanced attack next week .
    Do something Danke

  16. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Huge turnaround. We had less than 100 yards at halftime to their 270. Now about even at 381- 386.

    Now Nebraska moves right down the field. Some predicted a high scoring game- at first it didn't seem that way.

    Nebraska goes for it on 4th and one at the Colorado 6. Touchdown. Back up by seven. Almost six minutes left.

    Ugh! 54 yard kickoff return by CU but fumbled and recovered by Nebraska! But they were forced to punt. CU gets it back down by a TD and 3:53 remaining.

    Tough call- I say go for it. Down by seven, fourth and one at midfield at home. Two minutes left.
    Did they show any cheerleaders yet? Game went to hell when they stopped showing the cheerleaders and the band... Boy are they violating the NAP principle, need to get a little cultured LOVE back into it. lol
    “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

  17. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    Did they show any cheerleaders yet? Game went to hell when they stopped showing the cheerleaders and the band... Boy are they violating the NAP principle, need to get a little cultured LOVE back into it. lol
    I'm just following on the internet. Game isn't on TV in California. Just tied it up with 46 seconds left. Nebraska goes deep. CU picks it off. (screen initially said CU had the ball at the Nebraska 41 but was updated to show it at the CU 14- Colorado runs out the clock).

    CU outscored Nebraska 31- 14 in the second half. 38 points combined by both teams in that fourth quarter. Overtime!

    CU gets ball first. Great! Penalty on us first play! Pass would have had us at the eleven yard line. Not good. Had to settle for a field goal. If Nebraska gets a TD on their possession, game over.

    Alright! Nebraska 4th and 16 from the 31 (sack on third and nine). Still in it. If they miss the field goal (not likely) we win. Otherwise, another series of possessions.

    MISSED!!!!!! CU wins!!!!!!

    Great second half! Up next- Air Force. Nebraska was ranked #25. This, along with their struggles last week even though they won, should knock them out.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-07-2019 at 06:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  18. #45
    Air Force probably pretty good .
    Do something Danke

  19. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    I'm just following on the internet. Game isn't on TV in California. Just tied it up with 46 seconds left. Nebraska goes deep. CU picks it off. (screen initially said CU had the ball at the Nebraska 41 but was updated to show it at the CU 14- Colorado runs out the clock).

    CU outscored Nebraska 31- 14 in the second half. Overtime!

    CU gets ball first. Great! Penalty on us first play! Pass would have had us at the eleven yard line. Not good. Had to settle for a field goal. If Nebraska gets a TD on their possession, game over.

    Alright! Nebraska 4th and 16 from the 31 (sack on third and nine). Still in it. If they miss the field goal (not likely) we win. Otherwise, another series of possessions.

    MISSED!!!!!! CU wins!!!!!!

    Great second half! Up next- Air Force. Nebraska was ranked #25. This, along with their struggles last week even though they won, should knock them out.
    Screenshots of the cheerleaders please... What? you didn't grab any???
    “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

  20. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    Screenshots of the cheerleaders please... What? you didn't grab any???
    Guess you will have to goggle and grab yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  21. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Air Force probably pretty good .
    Looks like they beat Colgate 48-7 in their first game. Basically only ran the ball- 423 yards rushing, 41 yards passing.

    Texas A&M didn't look very good today despite going into their game vs Clemson ranked #12. Lost 24- 10 and didn't have a touchdown until time ran out.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-07-2019 at 05:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.



  22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  23. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Looks like they beat Colgate 48-7 in their first game. Basically only ran the ball- 423 yards rushing, 41 yards passing.

    Texas A&M didn't look very good today despite going into their game vs Clemson ranked #12. Lost 24- 10 and didn't have a touchdown until time ran out.
    Those initial top 25's had a lot of teams in there purely on speculation that we do not know if they belong , Michigan , Florida , LSU ,Texas , A & M , Oregon , Auburn , Syracuse , Stanford .....
    Last edited by oyarde; 09-07-2019 at 08:52 PM.
    Do something Danke

  24. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Those initial top 25's had a lot of teams in there purely on speculation that we do not know if they belong , Michigan , Florida , Texas , A & M , Oregon , Auburn , Syracuse , Stanford .....
    We don't know where we belong either- all new coaching staff. Offense has plenty of experience especially at QB- senior who played as a true freshman- but we lost a lot on defense but our new coach Mel Tucker was highly successful as Georgia's defensive coordinator. He was also interim coach for Jacksonville in the NFL five games in 2011. His first recruiting class he grabbed big guys for the offensive and defensive lines- averaging 300 pounds each.

    Something you won't find on any resume: Tucker was one of the most valued assistants in the country. At least in college, wherever he went, teams prospered.

    Ohio State in 2002 and Alabama in 2015 won championships with Tucker on the staff. In consecutive years, Georgia played for the College Football Playoff National Championship (2017) and won the SEC East (2017-18) with Tucker coordinating Smart's defense. As defensive coordinator the last four years with the Bulldogs and Crimson Tide, his units never finished out of the top 20 in total defense.
    https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...nd-the-pac-12/

    Though we have given up 31 points in both of our first two games under him (Colorado State and now Nebraska). But we scored 52 and 34 points.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-07-2019 at 06:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  25. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Guess you will have to goggle and grab yourself.
    Lol... But I wanted on the spot current shots!

    Actually... I get a bigger kick out of a women's tennis or curling match. lol
    “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

  26. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    Lol... But I wanted on the spot current shots!

    Actually... I get a bigger kick out of a women's tennis or curling match. lol
    Serena lost to a teenager today.

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  27. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Serena lost to a teenager today.

    Really? And she didn't throw a fit? I saw part of that on NBC news and somehow the way they worded it the impression was Serena WON!
    “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

  28. #54
    #6 LSU has scored twice (FG and a TD) in the final two minutes of the first half to go up 20-7 over #9 Texas. Still 47 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  29. #55
    I think LSU looks good. This year will show how well Ed Ogeron recruits. He has already proven he can motivate players.
    “When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it”~~ Frederic Bastiat

  30. #56
    And for the record, I was for Colorado today. I despise Nebraska.
    “When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it”~~ Frederic Bastiat



  31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  32. #57
    So far this week , least impressive is Syracuse , Fla St , UCLA ,Auburn , Michigan , Boise St , Kansas and really All I see Texas and LSU have going for them is QB's that can make plays , defenses on pace to give up 1105 yards combined .
    Last edited by oyarde; 09-07-2019 at 09:28 PM.
    Do something Danke

  33. #58
    Add Tennessee to your least impressive list.

    I disagree about LSU. On the last touchdown, the second receiver blocked for the one who carried the ball in for the score. Teamwork and flexibility look to be pretty important at this point.
    “When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it”~~ Frederic Bastiat

  34. #59
    Wake leading North Carolina 21 - 10 with about 9 to play . Wash St - Houston coming up .
    Do something Danke

  35. #60
    Kansas leading BC at Half 28 - 24
    Do something Danke

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. NASCAR 2019 Season
    By NorthCarolinaLiberty in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-20-2019, 06:14 PM
  2. Major League Baseball 2019 Season
    By NorthCarolinaLiberty in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 149
    Last Post: 11-02-2019, 08:26 AM
  3. College Football 2018 season
    By NorthCarolinaLiberty in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 484
    Last Post: 01-07-2019, 10:46 PM
  4. **OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON THREAD**
    By ChristianAnarchist in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-10-2017, 07:26 AM
  5. Football Season!!
    By bernie in forum Success Strategies
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-24-2007, 02:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •