Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football Season 2019

Here’s an ethical dilemma. Suppose LSU and OSU meet at some point in the fake playoff scenario. Does it make any kind of difference that a little more than a year ago Joe Burrow was playing for OSU?

I’m going to work. Please discuss.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    LSU obviously has a case for number one based on resume. But OSU has three guys who will finish high in Heisman voting. OSU is one of the best college ever assembled. Doesn't mean they will win. But LSU doesn't much defense. Hard for a fair minded person to say they are better.
    LSU has a guy with the statistics to win the Heisman.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    LSU has a guy with the statistics to win the Heisman.
    Burrow will win. But OSU has the best player in college football Chase Young and Fields and Dobbins will be top 10 in voting.

Bama and Clemson are the programs but OSU is a very close 3rd. Won a championship in 2014 and in contention every year.

Here’s an ethical dilemma. Suppose LSU and OSU meet at some point in the fake playoff scenario. Does it make any kind of difference that a little more than a year ago Joe Burrow was playing for OSU?

I’m going to work. Please discuss.
    I see no ethical dilemma .
    Do something Danke

I just took a quick shower and asked husband, “Has Oregon started blowing the lead yet?” That’s how they opened their season. Against the team that is arguably the third- or fourth-best team in the SEC.
    If they hadn't blown that game at ASU, they could have been one of the playoff teams.

First quarter Big 12 Championship. Oklahoma has a TD and a field goal. Baylor has sixteen net yards.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-07-2019 at 11:38 AM.

College football needs to revamp rankings to put more weight on strength of schedule.

The idea that Utah or Baylor or Minnesota should have ever been talked about as playoff teams or even top 10 teams is ridiculous. They have 1 win vs top 25 opponents. At the same time 3 loss teams like Auburn and Michigan are better than all three with stronger wins but are penalized for playing super tough schedules.

The ESPN computer rankings are a much closer reflection of reality. http://www.espn.com/college-football...cs/teamratings
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 12-07-2019 at 03:15 PM.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    College football needs to revamp rankings to put more weight on strength of schedule.

The idea that Utah or Baylor or Minnesota should have ever been talked about as playoff teams or even top 10 teams is ridiculous. They have 1 win vs top 25 opponents. At the same time 3 loss teams like Auburn and Michigan are better than all three with stronger wins but are penalized for playing super tough schedules.

The ESPN computer rankings are a much closer reflection of reality. http://www.espn.com/college-football...cs/teamratings
    They do consider strength of schedule. On the other hand, just because you didn't schedule a Top Ten team does not mean you are a worse team than somebody who did. It is still a subjective decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    They do consider strength of schedule. On the other hand, just because you didn't schedule a Top Ten team does not mean you are a worse team than somebody who did. It is still a subjective decision.
    Not really. Obviously they give some consideration. They don't put Appalachian State in the mix. But they vastly underestimate play against quality opponents.

Utah is maybe a top 15 team. They are roughly as good as Iowa. Had they beaten Oregon and Georgia lost they likely would have made the playoffs. Baylor is a top 20 team not a team they had a playoff chance. Alabama, on the other hand had small losses to LSU and Auburn. Alabama might be the 4th best team but they are 11 CFB rankings. ESPN's computer rankings have them better than LSU, even though they lost to LSU and have two losses. Minnesota was in the top 10 for a long time. Minnesota had one score wins against South Dakota State, Fresno State, Georgia Southern and Purdue. They are the 6th best Big Ten team but got overrated because they hadn't lost until late.

They should have oddsmakers make the rankings. The winner of Memphis and Cincinnati is going to the Cotton Bowl. Cincinnati would be an even match up against Michigan State (6-6) or South Carolina (4-8).

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I see no ethical dilemma .
    I don’t either. Ohio State made their choice. They took quite a risk.

We are watching the SEC championship as if. What a treat. Joe Burrow is the real deal.
    Last edited by euphemia; 12-07-2019 at 09:04 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

I don’t either. Ohio State made their choice.
    Ohio State losing 21-7 at the half!

If they hadn't blown that game at ASU, they could have been one of the playoff teams.

First quarter Big 12 Championship. Oklahoma has a TD and a field goal. Baylor has sixteen net yards.
    OK probably win in OT
    Do something Danke

OK probably win in OT
    Maybe.

We just tuned in to that other game.
    #NashvilleStrong

Todays no surprises , Boise , LSU , Clemson , and App St win
    Do something Danke

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Did you watch LSU at all? It was never close, but what a treat. Lots of interesting, creative, exciting football.
    #NashvilleStrong

Wisconsin is giving Ohio State a chance to get back in the game. After OSU scored a touchdown, Wisconsin was stopped and punting. Didn't see it but the punter fumbled the ball so OSU took over at the WU sixteen yard line. A TD would have tied it up. Settled for a field goal. WU gets a drive going but misses a field goal. OSU gets the ball back again. Penalty just now (pass interference) gives OSU the ball on the sixteen yard line yet again. Touchdown. Ohio State has the lead- outscoring Wisconsin 17-0 in the second half.

Ohio State losing 21-7 at the half!
    Ohio St leading 24 - 21
    Do something Danke

In the first half, Wisconsin scored quickly with big plays. First TD drive was five plays to cover 83 yards. Another was four plays, 75 yards. Not getting any big plays in this half.

Wisconsin looks gassed.
    #NashvilleStrong

Ohio State definitely in control now. 31-21. With Clemson winning "only" 62- 17 looks like the four playoff teams may be set. Ohio State, LSU, Clemson, and probably Oklahoma. First three are unbeaten and Oklahoma has one loss. Other one loss teams are Boise State, Memphis, and Appalachian State.

Three four and out's and a missed field goal for Wisconsin in the second half. Ohio State on the move again.

Ohio State in the half? TD, FG, TD, TD, and inside Wisconsin territory again. Just added another FG. 34-21.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-07-2019 at 10:28 PM.

You all can just ignore me, which I think you do anyway, but I’m just going to chat.

Fact: *Overrated* Florida had only two losses—to the teams that played for the SEC championship.
    Fact: LSU has now beaten 5 teams that were in the top 10 when they played. Texas (9), Auburn (9), Florida (7), Alabama (3), and Georgia (4).
    Fact: Georgia’s only regular season loss was to South Carolina who almost beat Clemson.
    Fact: Alabama’s only regular season losses were to LSU and Auburn (who opened the season with a win over Oregon).
    Fact: Notre Dame paid a visit to Athens.
    Fact: When Arkansas State came to Athens, fans were asked to wear pink in memory of Wendy Anderson, wife of Arkansas State coach Blake Anderson. Wendy lost her fight with breast cancer in August 2019.
    Fact: The 2019 SEC Championship game featured two teams in the top 5–the only conference championship to have that distinction.
    Last edited by euphemia; 12-07-2019 at 10:30 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

Ohio State definitely in control now. 31-21. With Clemson winning "only" 62- 17 looks like the four playoff teams may be set. Ohio State, LSU, Clemson, and probably Oklahoma. First three are unbeaten and Oklahoma has one loss. Other one loss teams are Boise State, Memphis, and Appalachian State.

Three four and out's and a missed field goal for Wisconsin in the second half. Ohio State on the move again.

Ohio State in the half? TD, FG, TD, TD, and inside Wisconsin territory again. Just added another FG. 34-21.
    Looks like the playoff is set .
    Do something Danke

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Top 3 teams are probably pretty close. Whoever plays Oklahoma will have an advantage.

Just announced. LSU is the #1 seed and will play Oklahoma. Ohio State (#2) will face Clemson.

Utah St QB will declare for draft are the rumors
    Do something Danke

Utah St QB will declare for draft are the rumors
    Our top two receivers (Colorado) announced they will seek the draft.

Fired Fla St coach going to Fla Atlantic is the rumor.
    Do something Danke

Ohio St assistant is new Boston C head coach .
    Do something Danke

Army - Navy starts at 3:00 . Go Army !
    Do something Danke

Army has won the last three but # 23 Navy will be trying to stop that.
    Do something Danke

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast