Thread: Parkland students unveil sweeping gun-control proposal

Thumbs down Parkland students unveil sweeping gun-control proposal

The March for Our Lives “Peace Plan” — announced in the wake of mass shootings in El Paso and Dayton, Ohio — calls for a gun registry, an assault weapons ban and mandatory buybacks.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...be4_story.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hoggy boy need to be at the front line of gun seizures when they begin. Since he is against guns he doesn't get one...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Let's just disarm everyone, that way nobody will ever get shot, right?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Let's just disarm everyone, that way nobody will ever get shot, right?
    Yes and why not scrap that 2A. These students are morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Heavily indoctrinated.
    "The Patriarch"

These students are idiots.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Heavily indoctrinated.
    They are kids. They have been protected their entire lives and never been responsible for their own protection, let alone the feeling of having to protect others. Hell, most of them have probably never even had to babysit younger siblings.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 08-21-2019 at 08:26 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    They are kids. They have been protected their entire lives and never been responsible for their own protection, let alone the feeling of having to protect others.
    Yes, so the adults in their lives have failed them.
    "The Patriarch"

assault weapons ban
    Because liberal politicians would like that they would not fear an revolt.
    Assault weapons are being used as a excuse.

Yes, so the adults in their lives have failed them.
    Yes, probably so. But at the same time, viewpoints can change rapidly when you leave the nest.

The key elements of a national gun and ammunition licensing system would include:

A multi-step approval process, overseen by a law enforcement agency, that requires background checks, in-person interviews, personal references, rigorous gun safety training, and a waiting period of 10 days for each gun purchase.

Licenses would be renewed every year upon successful completion of annually refreshed requirements in the above areas. In the process, a national registry of firearms sales would be created to make gun owners responsible for their weapons and hold them accountable when those weapons are used in a crime. Our licensing system would also include the ability to disarm individuals who become a danger to themselves or others.

Annual licensing fees for anyone who wants to obtain a national gun and ammunition license. Gun violence has indirect and direct costs of hundreds of billions of dollars each year, and any responsible gun owner would pay into the national licensing system for the ability to possess and use firearms.

In addition, we would impose higher fees on the bulk purchase of firearms and ammunition, which have been predicates to the misuse of firearms.

A higher standard for gun ownership, which would start with raising the minimum age for gun possession to 21. In addition, we would expand prohibited categories for obtaining a gun license, with a focus on those with a propensity for violence. This would include: individuals with felony convictions, any level of domestic violence offenders (protective orders and misdemeanors), individuals with a documented history of violence, individuals convicted of hate crimes, individuals convicted of stalking, and individuals that make a credible and public threat against a specific person or institutions such as schools, churches, or workplaces.
    A limit of one firearm purchase per month.
    A prohibition on any and all online firearm and ammunition sales or transfers, including gun parts.
    A requirement to safely store firearms, including implementing national standards for locking devices on guns.
    A requirement to report guns that are lost or stolen to local law enforcement within 72 hours.
    Quite the little wannabe tyrants, aren't they?

Man up.

A dumb internet cliche that needs to be said.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Man up.

A dumb internet cliche that needs to be said.
    It was a cliche long before the interwebs, and not really dumb.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Because liberal politicians would like that they would not fear an revolt.
    Assault weapons are being used as a excuse.
    Hong Kong agrees:

But do you?

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Start banning guns America. And maybe less guns would be probably imported into Canada.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I swear this kids gonna hold political office one day.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    white privileged liberal...typical , wants to strip the rights of everyone away

Did someone elect them to Congress?

It doesn’t matter what kind of gun control a state has. If the guns are taken away and given to dad, he might just give them back to his son who then moves to Tennessee and shoots up a Waffle House.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Welcome to your future old farts. No guns and immigrunts refusing to wipe your ass when you $#@! yourself.

San Francisco has strict gun control. It keeps them safe...

Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 08-22-2019 at 10:43 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    San Francisco has strict gun control. It keeps them safe...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?=3gXEKzzo1lo
    You are missing v=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gXEKzzo1lo

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    There now. Thanks.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

A better , more effective proposal from Parkland would be;

Stop hiring coward/bullies in Law Enforcement that are good at beating up and killing
    people where there is no risk to themselves, and start hiring actual heroes that are
    truly willing to put their own lives between the innocent and the thugs.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.