Thread: Trump seems to backtrack on gun control

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He needs to. The liberals aren't going to vote for him whether or not he enacts any forms of gun control. All he's really deciding is if he wants to piss off the conservatives or not. He's already pissed off some people with the bump stock ban.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

@11:25

President Trump realizes it is a slippery slope and so he has backed off. I believe the he is listening to a lot of strong second amendment people.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

This was possibly the plan all along (I don't like it if it was) or the result of Don Jr. talking to him.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Does Trump need to talk to Rand now?

Has Rand said anything since supporting Red Flag laws?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

This was possibly the plan all along (I don't like it if it was) or the result of Don Jr. talking to him.
    The NRA called and reminded him that supporting it could cost him votes. He flipped immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    The NRA called and reminded him that supporting it could cost him votes. He flipped immediately.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	URhere.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	6989
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Why would the NRA oppose red flag laws?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Maybe the prefer green ones? I know they don't like white ones.

Good. Hopefully he doesn't change his mind.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Maybe the prefer green ones? I know they don't like white ones.
    For record, the NRA fights every day to pass reasonable gun laws to restrict gun owners in a sensible, common sense way.

I'm sure the NRA is hard at work even now, drafting reasonable red flag laws for our congress to look at.

It's very rude for you to disparage the NRA's good name by suggesting they would oppose life-saving red flag laws. They aren't some right wing extremist organization like the GOA.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

They don't. They've endorsed them for quite some time now and have probably even helped write the damned things.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

For record, the NRA fights every day to pass reasonable gun laws to restrict gun owners in a sensible, common sense way.

I'm sure the NRA is hard at work even now, drafting reasonable red flag laws for our congress to look at.

It's very rude for you to disparage the NRA's good name by suggesting they would oppose life-saving red flag laws. They aren't some right wing extremist organization like the GOA.

It's sad when brilliant satire so accurately reflects actual reality. +rep
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

As long as we can still hunt, as per the rights granted in the 2nd amendment (muskets and blunderbuss)

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Background checks may not be off the table yet. Says he will have some new gun proposals after Congress comes back in September.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...checks-1470901

On Wednesday, Trump and multiple White House aides accused several media outlets of inaccurately reporting that Trump had told gun rights advocates he would not push to expand background checks. They noted that while the president has never expressed support for "universal" background checks, he has also not backed away from a commitment to exploring other changes.

"There are all types of background checks," said Trump senior adviser Kellyanne Conway. "If somebody is disturbed, if someone needs treatment, if someone should not have a firearm because of a criminal background, a felony, mental health issues, we have to make sure those folks do not procure firearms. But we cannot confiscate weapons from Americans who are procuring them and using them legally without due process. The president is not beholden to the [National Rifle Association] or other gun groups. The president is beholden to the Constitution."
    On Wednesday he reiterated that position, saying that “I have an appetite for background checks — we’ll be doing background checks. We’re working with Democrats, we’re working with Republicans, and we already have very strong background checks.
    It remains unclear exactly what Trump will recommend, though, adding little clarity to the president's confounding remarks on the subject in recent weeks. Trump and his aides on Wednesday would only say that the president will offer ways to close "loopholes" in the background check system, while declining to reveal any details.

The White House did not give a timetable for the proposals — which will likely include other legislation and executive actions addressing domestic terrorism, violent video games and mental health treatment — but suggested that the package would be timed to Congress's return in early September. The president received a formal briefing on Tuesday from his staff about the possible options, according to a White House official.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post

President Trump realizes it is a slippery slope and so he has backed off. I believe the he is listening to a lot of strong second amendment people.

^This.

This is huge if confirmed as non-fakenews. Where are all the conservative purist GOA leaders now who had used f-word about MAGA and had questioned his sincerity?

'Gun-grabber-in-chief': Conservatives turn on Trump , 'He's a fraud and has betrayed us twice now'

Third time is a charm. GOP-Adelson is back in play for 2020!

Related
    Trump Bans Bump Stocks

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    As long as we can still hunt, as per the rights granted in the 2nd amendment (muskets and blunderbuss)
    I bagged a 210 inch buck with a bow last year

That kill was made possible by the 2A, it applies to all hunting weapons, not just muskets
    Last edited by TheTexan; 08-21-2019 at 09:47 PM.
    - Kim Kardashian

Trump seems to backtrack on gun control
    Again? Which direction this time?
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    ^This.

This is huge if confirmed as non-fakenews. Where are all the conservative purist GOA leaders now who had used f-word about MAGA and had questioned his sincerity?

'Gun-grabber-in-chief': Conservatives turn on Trump , 'He's a fraud and has betrayed us twice now'

Third time is a charm. GOP-Adelson is back in play for 2020!

Related
    Trump Bans Bump Stocks

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Absolutely. Not to mention they show they aren't extremists by contributing immensely to the hunting safety classes to teach kids about the true meaning of the 2nd Amendment.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

That kill was made possible by the 2A, it applies to all hunting weapons, not just muskets
    A bow? The militia didnt hunt with bows. Are we talking about the same constitution?

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

I don't know about "listening", I mentioned this in another thread about red flag laws, that Trump is just saying as cover for the news cycle. For the most part, he knows where he needs to be on 2A

Nice to know you're on the forums here with us Joe Rogan.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll