Thread: No charges, no trial, no evidence, no due process. Innocent man hands over guns.

No charges, no trial, no evidence, no due process. Innocent man hands over guns.

And here is what you'll be seeing a lot more of with these "red flag" laws...

Red Flag Nightmare: Innocent Man’s Guns Confiscated After Mistaken Identity

Osceola County, Florida — By now, everybody in the country knows what a Red Flag or Emergency Risk Protection Order is.

A Red Flag order allows for a citizen’s guns to be confiscated by the police and held for varying amounts of time if somebody in their life thinks they might be a threat to themselves or others.

Some versions of this law leave the definition of who can request a Red Flag order so broad that any ex-roommate who didn’t like that you listened to country music can file one.

Once they’re filed, an “ex-parte” hearing is called . . . that means you aren’t there to defend yourself in court. After all, you haven’t been legally charged with or even accused of a crime, so you don’t get the right to defend yourself!

Once your guns have been confiscated and you weren’t able to defend yourself against the shadow accusations from an unnamed accuser, it’s unclear exactly how you’ll get our guns back.

In some states, a Red Flag order takes your guns away for over a year.

Due process is so old fashioned!

This is 2019!

But enough about the incredible abuse opportunities that Red Flags represent.

News came out of Florida this week of a man, Jonathan Carpenter, who got a letter in the mail from the Florida Dept Of Agriculture and Consumer Services informing him that his concealed carry permit had been suspended.

Why? For “acts of domestic violence or acts of repeat violations.”

Jonathan headed to his sheriff’s department, filled out form after form, and eventually discovered that the State has messed up.

His name matched another man’s and that man was being Red Flagged.

The other guy’s former landlady was upset at him and considered him a threat.

Never mind that the bad Jonathan’s physical description was radically different from the Red Flagged Johnathan.

Or that the good Jonathan had never lived at the rental property or ever heard of the landlady in his life.

But since there were no charges and no trial and no evidence and no due process and the injunction had been issued, Jonathan Carpenter had to hand over his weapons.

That’s right.

At this very moment, an innocent man whose local sheriff knows is not the intended target of the landlady’s complaint has been forced to turn in all his weapons.

When will he get them back?

Only once the landlady has testified *in court* that this Johnathan Carpenter isn’t the one she meant to Red Flag.

But this nightmare won’t be over yet! Once she does that, then Johnathan still has to petition the court to have his guns returned.

Is your blood boiling yet?

Jonathan Carpenter won’t get his guns back until at least next month and will have to pay the court costs for these hearings.

This is an outrage!

This is exactly what gun owners have said would happen, and it’s happened already, when Red Flag laws are just being implemented.

This man essentially must pay to prove his own innocence, in a country where the legal system is supposed to protect him from this sort of tyranny!

What happens if he or his family face a threat in the coming weeks?

Can his family sue the State of Florida for disarming him unjustly if any harm comes to them between now and then?

The gun grabbers are dancing for joy while our rights are flushed down the toilet.

Send this story to your representatives, both Republican and Democrat.

Ask them if this is the America they want to leave for their Grandchildren.

Because it sure as hell isn’t the America we received from our ancestors, and we’ll be damned if we let these gutless politicians sell our rights away in our lifetime.
    https://www.secondamendmentdaily.com...I4_KiNnpZO7EPw

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Such bull$#@!. These red flag laws need to be stopped.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

He needs to sue to overturn the law.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

They’ll be handing those out like candy in time... see you all at the gulag.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    They’ll be handing those out like candy in time... see you all at the gulag.
    See you on the other side.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    See you on the other side.
    Leftists want weapon ban so they could prevent a revolt agaisnt their ideas or polices.

I get just as burnt about issuing a licence in the first place.... that's nearly a laugh, but it's really a cryyyyyyyyyyyy
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Guilty until proven innocent. Eh, even if innocent, still guilty.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

How do they know how many weapons he possesses?

He handed them over? What a knob.
    Last edited by Danke; 08-20-2019 at 09:43 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    How do they know how many weapons he possesses?
    He probably told them.

Was he honest with them?

@TheTexan would be.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    I get just as burnt about issuing a licence in the first place.... that's nearly a laugh, but it's really a cryyyyyyyyyyyy
    + rep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOqblSqx_VI

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    He probably told them.

Was he honest with them?

@TheTexan would be.
    Honesty is the best policey
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his