Thread: "Sanctuary Sheriff" releases illegal arrested for rape/indecent liberties w/ minor.

"Sanctuary Sheriff" releases illegal arrested for rape/indecent liberties w/ minor.

"To serve and protect....criminals"

ICE arrests fugitive on rape charges in NC after prior release in Mecklenburg County

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WNCN) - U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials arrested a Honduran man after deputies in Mecklenburg County released him, despite rape and child sex charges.

Authorities say Oscar Pacheco-Leonardo, 33, a repeat immigration violator, was targeted during an enforcement operation in Mecklenburg County on Aug. 9.

According to a release from ICE, the Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Office refused to honor an ICE detainer, or even notify ICE of the release, resulting in Pacheco’s release, despite first-degree rape and indecent liberties with a minor charges.

Pacheco was previously removed from the United States to Honduras in July 2006, and illegally re-entered, the release says.

Pacheco was arrested by the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department on June 14 on one count of first-degree rape and two counts of indecent liberties with a child. A detainer was issued the following day, but the detainer was not honored.

“This is yet another example of a clear public safety threat being released onto the streets of Mecklenburg County rather than into ICE custody due to the current sheriff’s policy on ICE non-cooperation,” said ICE Enforcement and Removal Operations Atlanta Field Office Director Sean Gallagher. “The Mecklenburg County sheriff’s decision to restrict cooperation with ICE serves as an open invitation to aliens who commit criminal offenses that Mecklenburg County is a safe haven for persons seeking to evade federal authorities, and residents of Mecklenburg County are less safe today than last year due to these policies.”
    https://www.wbtv.com/2019/08/16/ice-...pvufDxYRdUG8bA

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dereliction of Duty: ICE Lists 22 Times Mecklenburg County Has Endangered Public Safety by Denying Detainer Requests

MECKLENBURG – While ICE is able to capture ‘unlawfully present’ individuals with their own work and resources, cooperation from local law enforcement can help exponentially. It’s quite simple: law enforcement makes an arrest for a purported crime, they check the immigration status of the suspect, and if the suspect is in the country illegally they simply hold on to him or her until federal authorities arrive to enforce immigration law and get the perpetrator out of our communities.

Yet, a handful of ‘Sanctuary Sheriffs’ (Mecklenburg, Durham, Wake, etc.) across the Old North State refuse to cooperate with federal immigration authorities, instead they ignore detention requests and release illegal aliens, charged with crimes like sexually abusing a child, right back into the public. It makes no sense, unless a diminution of the rule of law is somehow your goal.

After ICE captured a repeat illegal border-crossing Honduran who was charged with rape and indecent liberties with a child by Mecklenburg County, AND THEN RELEASED instead of being held for ICE, the federal agency published a list of 22 recent incidences in which Mecklenburg County Sheriff Garry McFadden has similarly endangered public safety.

Trending: ICE Arrests Illegal Alien Charged with First Degree Rape, After Mecklenburg County Sheriff Refused to Honor Detainer, Released Him Back Into Community

Here they are:

A 31-year-old citizen of Honduras who was previously removed by ICE in June 2009, was arrested by the Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Office in February 2019 for sex offenses and booked into the Mecklenburg County Jail in Charlotte, NC. In February 2019, ICE ERO issued a detainer, but the detainer was not honored, and he was released in February 2019. In March 2019, he was arrested at-large in Charlotte, NC, and is currently detained in ICE custody pending removal from the United States.

A 30-year-old citizen of Mexico was arrested by the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department in March 2019, for breaking and entering a motor vehicle, larceny, simple assault, among other charges, and booked into the Mecklenburg County Jail in Charlotte, NC. In March 2019, ICE ERO issued a detainer, but the detainer was not honored, and he was released in March 2019, and remains at-large.

A 30-year-old citizen of Honduras was arrested by the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department in August 2018 for assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill and booked into the Mecklenburg County Jail in Charlotte, NC. In August 2018, ICE ERO issued a detainer, but the detainer was not honored and he was released in March 2019 and remains at-large. He was convicted of a lesser charge in March 2019.

A 40-year-old citizen of Guatemala was arrested in October 2018 by the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department for multiple counts of indecent liberties with a child, rape, among other sex offenses, and booked into the Mecklenburg County Jail in Charlotte, NC. In October 2018, ICE ERO issued a detainer, but the detainer was not honored, and he was released in March 2019. In March 2019, he was arrested at-large by ICE officers in Charlotte, NC, and is currently detained in ICE custody pending a hearing before an immigration judge.

A 42-year-old citizen of Honduras, who was ordered removed by an immigration judge in August 2013, was arrested in March 2019 by the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department for gun and drug charges and booked into the Mecklenburg County Jail in Charlotte, NC. In March 2019, ICE ERO issued a detainer, but the detainer was not honored, and she was released in March 2019, and remains at-large.

A 33-year-old citizen of Sri Lanka, who was ordered removed by an immigration judge in September 2009, was arrested in February 2019 by the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department multiple counts of felony and misdemeanor larceny and booked into the Mecklenburg County Jail in Charlotte, NC. In February 2019, ICE ERO issued a detainer, but the detainer was not honored, and he was released in March 2019, and remains at-large.

A 47-year-old citizen of Honduras, who was removed from the United States in February 2014, was arrested in February 2019 by the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department for assault by strangulation, among other charges, and booked into the Mecklenburg County Jail in Charlotte, NC. In February 2019, ICE ERO issued a detainer, but the detainer was not honored, and he was released in March 2019, and remains at-large.

A 22-year-old citizen of Honduras, who was ordered removed by an immigration judge in April 2015, was arrested in March 2019 by the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department for assault by strangulation, assault on a female, and communicating threats, and booked into the Mecklenburg County Jail in Charlotte, NC. In March 2019, ICE ERO issued a detainer, but the detainer was not honored, and he was released in March 2019, and remains at-large.

A 30-year-old citizen of Liberia was arrested in March 2019, by the Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Office for multiple counts of assault with a deadly weapon and booked into the Mecklenburg County Jail in Charlotte, NC. In March 2019, ICE ERO issued a detainer, but the detainer was not honored, and he was released in March 2019, and remains at-large.

A 30-year-old citizen of Mexico, who was previously removed from the United States in January 2007 and April 2016, was arrested in March 2019 by the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department as a fugitive and for gun charges and booked into the Mecklenburg County Jail in Charlotte, NC. In March 2019, ICE ERO issued a detainer, but the detainer was not honored, and he was released in March 2019, and remains at-large.

A 27-year-old citizen of Afghanistan was arrested in March 2019, by the Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Office for stalking and booked into the Mecklenburg County Jail in Charlotte, NC. In March 2019, ICE ERO issued a detainer, but the detainer was not honored, and he was released in March 2019. In April 2019, he was arrested at-large by ICE officers in Charlotte, NC, and is currently detained in ICE custody pending a hearing before an immigration judge.

A 30-year-old citizen of Mexico was arrested by the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department in December 2018 for sex offenses involving a child and booked into the Mecklenburg County Jail in Charlotte, NC. In December 2018, ICE ERO issued a detainer, but the detainer was not honored, and he was released in January 2019. In April 2019, he was arrested at-large by ICE officers in Charlotte, NC, and is currently detained in ICE custody pending a hearing before an immigration judge.

A 27-year-old citizen of El Salvador was arrested in April 2019 by the Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Office for assault by strangulation and assault on a female and booked into the Mecklenburg County Jail in Charlotte, NC. In April 2019, ICE ERO issued a detainer, but the detainer was not honored, and he was released in April 2019, and remains at-large.

A 38-year-old citizen of Guatemala, previously removed from the United States in June 2009, was arrested in February 2019, by the Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Office for multiple charges, including kidnapping and assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill or inflict serious injury and booked into the Mecklenburg County Jail in Charlotte, NC. In March 2019, ICE ERO issued a detainer, but the detainer was not honored, and he was released in April 2019, and remains at-large.

A 19-year-old citizen of Honduras, who was ordered removed by an immigration judge in April 2017, was arrested in April 2019 by the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department for assault an injury to real property and booked into the Mecklenburg County Jail in Charlotte, NC. In April 2019, ICE ERO issued a detainer, but the detainer was not honored, and he was released in April 2019 and remains at-large. He was previously encountered in August 2018 when he was detained at the Mecklenburg County Jail for the charges of robbery and breaking and entering a motor vehicle, and felony conspiracy. The Mecklenburg County Jail declined to honor that ICE detainer, and he was released in December 2018.

A 30-year-old citizen of India was arrested in April 2019 by the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department for multiple assault charges and first degree burglary and booked into the Mecklenburg County Jail in Charlotte, NC. In April 2019, ICE ERO issued a detainer, but the detainer was not honored, and he was released in April 2019 and remains at-large.

A 37-year-old citizen of Honduras, who was removed from the United States in December 2006, was arrested March 2019 by the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department for multiple charges including assault on a female, felony larceny, simple assault, among other charges, and booked into the Mecklenburg County Jail in Charlotte, NC. In May 2019, ICE ERO issued a detainer, but the detainer was not honored, and he was released in May 2019, and remains at-large.

A 21-year-old citizen of Honduras, who was ordered removed by an immigration judge in August 2018, was arrested in December 2018 by the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department for breaking and entering a motor vehicle and larceny and booked into the Mecklenburg County Jail in Charlotte, NC. In December 2018, the Pacific Enforcement Response Center issued a detainer, but the detainer was not honored, and he was released in December 2018. He was arrested again in January 2019 by the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department for Robbery with Dangerous Weapon and Assault with a Deadly Weapon and was booked into the Mecklenburg County Jail. In January 2019, ICE ERO issued a detainer, but the detainer was not honored for the second time, and he was released in May 2019, and remains at-large.

A 23-year-old citizen of Honduras, who was ordered removed by an immigration judge in May 2018, was arrested in May 2019 by the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department for multiple charges including assault and larceny and booked into the Mecklenburg County Jail in Charlotte, NC. In May 2019, ICE ERO issued a detainer, but the detainer was not honored, and she was released in May 2019, and remains at-large.

A 25-year-old citizen of Mexico was arrested in May 2019 by the Mint Hill Police Department for DWI and drug charges and into the Mecklenburg County Jail in Charlotte, NC. In May 2019, ICE ERO issued a detainer, but the detainer was not honored, and he was released in May 2019, and remains at-large.
    A 19-year-old citizen of Honduras was arrested in May 2019, by the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department for Indecent Liberties with Child and was booked into the Mecklenburg County Jail in Charlotte, NC. In May 2019, ICE ERO issued a detainer, but the detainer was not honored, and he was released in May 2019, and remains at-large.

A 28-year-old citizen of Mexico was arrested in May 2019 by the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department for assault by strangulation, assault on a female and communicating threats and booked into the Mecklenburg County Jail in Charlotte, NC. He also has pending narcotics and gun charges stemming from an arrest made by Wilson County in August 2018. In May 2019, ICE ERO issued a detainer, but the detainer was not honored, and he was released in May 2019, and remains at-large.
    https://firstinfreedomdaily.com/dere...iner-requests/

You will not comply with federal immigration laws.

I will not comply with federal firearms laws.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

I want to see actual court cases with an actual conviction.

A few years ago I was hunting in the woods and had to take a leak. Halfway through, a ranger approached me and told me it was indecent exposure. I reminded him I was in the woods with nobody else around. He said he could fine me for indecent sexual exposure. I managed to talk my out of it, but think to myself how many other folks don’t know their Rights, or simply can’t afford to defend themselves.

And then I see msm article after article where “alleged” sexual abuse has occurred, rarely citing an actual conviction.

I believe this Land of the Free Home of the Brave incarcerates more people than many other countries combined. Though I could be wrong about that.

Guilty until proven innocent is today’s mantra.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    I want to see actual court cases with an actual conviction.

A few years ago I was hunting in the woods and had to take a leak. Halfway through, a ranger approached me and told me it was indecent exposure. I reminded him I was in the woods with nobody else around. He said he could fine me for indecent sexual exposure. I managed to talk my out of it, but think to myself how many other folks don’t know their Rights, or simply can’t afford to defend them.

And then I see msm article after article where “alleged” sexual abuse has occurred, never citing and actual conviction.

I believe this Land of the Free Home of the Brave incarcerates more people than many other countries combined. Though I could be wrong about that.

Guilty until proven innocent is today’s mantra.
    I don't need nor care to see actual court cases. The truth of the matter is they never would have shown up for their day in court. And you damn well know it. Each and everyone of them should have been deported. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I don't need nor care to see actual court cases. The truth of the matter is they never would have shown up for their day in court. And you damn well know it. Each and everyone of them should have been deported. Period.
    Yes, I am very well aware of your “...” position. Perhaps look this over while sitting on your crapper:

Site Mission

Yes, I am very well aware of your “...” position. Perhaps look this over while sitting on your crapper:

Site Mission
    I see nothing in the mission statement that reads that law breakers shouldn't be kicked in the ass on their way out the door. In fact, quite the opposite.

Justice: People should be held accountable for crimes they commit.
    Mission:
    This site is dedicated to facilitating discussion and initiatives that aim to advance society in a civil manner for the betterment of all. We seek to:
    ...Secure individual liberty
    ...Seek justice
    ...Promote honest and free markets
    So $#@! on off with your sophistry.

I see nothing in the mission statement that reads that law breakers shouldn't be kicked in the ass on their way out the door. In fact, quite the opposite.

So $#@! on off with your sophistry.
    Your quote, not mine:

I don't need nor care to see actual court cases.
    The Bill of Rights is dying, if not dead, because of attitudes like that. What good is a border and keeping others out if we ourselves can’t defend each individuals Natural Rights.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Your quote, not mine:

:facepalm:

Open Border works nowhere.

Call Hillary, and Soros, that's where you'll find a sympathetic ear.

Your quote, not mine:

The Bill of Rights is dying, if not dead, because of attitudes like that. What good is a border and keeping others out if we ourselves can’t defend each individuals Natural Rights.
    Your sophistry on display. Now $#@! on out.

Serve and protect alright. Serve and protect the criminals.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Statement from the Sheriff: https://www.wbtv.com/2019/08/16/meck...prior-release/

“Oscar Pacheco-Leonardo was arrested on charges of first-degree rape and indecent liberties with a minor on June 14th. Upon fulfilling his court ordered terms and conditions of release, including the payment of a $100,000 bond, Pacheco-Leonardo was released from Detention Center Central on June 16th as required by law. Setting bond amounts and conditions of release are the responsibility of Mecklenburg County, Judges and Magistrates. MCSO has a responsibility to abide by such court orders.

My decision that MCSO will no longer honor voluntary ICE administrative detainers is not the sole reason for Pacheco-Leonardo’s release on June 16th. Different discretionary decisions of multiple stakeholders in the criminal justice system, including judicial and law enforcement (in particular ICE’s own discretion), must also be acknowledged and addressed by those who believe that Pacheco-Leonardo should have been kept in custody and then placed directly into deportation proceedings. At the time of Pacheco-Leonardo’s arrest, MCSO had no knowledge that he was previously deported in July 2006. However, that information was readily available to ICE.

Furthermore, it is a federal felony to re-enter the United States after having been previously deported. ICE chose to issue voluntary ICE administrative detainers on Pacheco-Leonardo, knowing that it is against MCSO’s policy to honor such detainers.

Based upon Pacheco-Leonardo’s previous deportation, ICE could have but did NOT seek a criminal arrest warrant for Illegal Re-Entry. The reasons for that decision have yet to be satisfactorily explained to me or to the public. MCSO will always honor a criminal warrant and hold any individual so charged in custody if and until that person has satisfied all court-ordered conditions of release. As of today’s, date, MCSO still does not have any information regarding current federal charges against Pacheco-Leonardo or his current location.”

Mecklenburg County Sheriff Garry L McFadden
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-17-2019 at 04:27 PM.

Your quote, not mine:

He isn't the judge, he doesn't need to see the actual court cases.
    And he doesn't need to see them to say that an invader should be expelled.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Had Shire-Reeve McFadden complied with the detainer, or simply made a call to ask about it, he could have been informed that this $#@! bag was a Federal felon. He chose not to. Because releasing illegal trespassers that are arrested for crimes is S.O.P. if they can come up with bail..because "sanctuary." $#@! McFadden and his excuses.

Had Shire-Reeve McFadden complied with the detainer, or simply made a call to ask about it, he could have been informed that this $#@! bag was a Federal felon. He chose not to. Because releasing illegal trespassers that are arrested for crimes is S.O.P. if they can come up with bail..because "sanctuary." $#@! McFadden and his excuses.
    If ICE hasn't charged him as a repeat crosser, he is not a federal felon. The local charges are alleged and he has not been convicted of them. Innocent until proven guilty.

Based upon Pacheco-Leonardo’s previous deportation, ICE could have but did NOT seek a criminal arrest warrant for Illegal Re-Entry.

Statement from the Sheriff: https://www.wbtv.com/2019/08/16/meck...prior-release/

“Oscar Pacheco-Leonardo was arrested on charges of first-degree rape and indecent liberties with a minor on June 14th. Upon fulfilling his court ordered terms and conditions of release, including the payment of a $100,000 bond, Pacheco-Leonardo was released from Detention Center Central on June 16th as required by law. Setting bond amounts and conditions of release are the responsibility of Mecklenburg County, Judges and Magistrates. MCSO has a responsibility to abide by such court orders.

My decision that MCSO will no longer honor voluntary ICE administrative detainers is not the sole reason for Pacheco-Leonardo’s release on June 16th. Different discretionary decisions of multiple stakeholders in the criminal justice system, including judicial and law enforcement (in particular ICE’s own discretion), must also be acknowledged and addressed by those who believe that Pacheco-Leonardo should have been kept in custody and then placed directly into deportation proceedings. At the time of Pacheco-Leonardo’s arrest, MCSO had no knowledge that he was previously deported in July 2006. However, that information was readily available to ICE.

Furthermore, it is a federal felony to re-enter the United States after having been previously deported. ICE chose to issue voluntary ICE administrative detainers on Pacheco-Leonardo, knowing that it is against MCSO’s policy to honor such detainers.

Based upon Pacheco-Leonardo’s previous deportation, ICE could have but did NOT seek a criminal arrest warrant for Illegal Re-Entry. The reasons for that decision have yet to be satisfactorily explained to me or to the public. MCSO will always honor a criminal warrant and hold any individual so charged in custody if and until that person has satisfied all court-ordered conditions of release. As of today’s, date, MCSO still does not have any information regarding current federal charges against Pacheco-Leonardo or his current location.”

Mecklenburg County Sheriff Garry L McFadden
    The point is, the whole county is a Pro-Illegal Alien County first.... so that makes the Sheriff Pro-Illegal, too.
    FJB

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If ICE hasn't charged him as a repeat crosser, he is not a federal felon. The local charges are alleged and he has not been convicted of them. Innocent until proven guilty.
    A simple phone call could have cleared that up. But, McFadden is too busy being politically correct in a progressive county.

I've already pointed out that he was never gonna show up in court. And you damn well know he wouldn't have too.

ETA: And then ask yourself who the hell paid the $10k to a bail bondsman to secure his $100k release. And which bail bondsman would have ever agreed to the note without assurances of pay back?
    Last edited by phill4paul; 08-17-2019 at 05:37 PM.

Statement from the Sheriff:...
    Explain to the Forum why Countries have Prisons.

: popcorn :

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Explain to the Forum why Countries have Prisons.

: popcorn :
    Zippy is finally speechless.....