Thread: Peter Fonda dead: Jane Fonda says late brother ‘went out laughing’

Peter Fonda dead: Jane Fonda says late brother ‘went out laughing’

https://pagesix.com/2019/08/17/peter...-out-laughing/

Jane Fonda is mourning the loss of her younger brother, fellow Hollywood icon, Peter Fonda.
    “I am very sad,” the 81-year-old actress told Variety. “He was my sweet-hearted baby brother. The talker of the family. I have had beautiful alone time with him these last days. He went out laughing.”

Peter died of respiratory failure *after a battle with lung cancer on Friday. He was 79.

The famed siblings who followed the footsteps of their father, Henry, starred on-screen together in 1980’s “9 to 5” and 1981’s “On Golden Pond.”

Peter’s daughter Bridget also went into the family business with roles in various 1990s films including “Jackie Brown” and “Point of No Return.”

In a family statement, the Oscar-nominated actor’s wife, Parky, told the outlet, “In one of the saddest moments of our lives, we are not able to find the appropriate words to express the pain in our hearts … And, while we mourn the loss of this sweet and gracious man, we also wish for all to celebrate his indomitable spirit and love of life. In honor of Peter, please raise a glass to freedom.”

In addition to Bridget, Peter and Parky Fonda are parents to son, Justin, who had a cameo in his dad’s legendary film, “Easy Rider” at 3 years old, according to IMDb.

Reps for the “Grace and Frankie” actress did not immediately respond to our request for comment.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My favorite was George... "Oh, I got a helmet"

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Don't believe he would have ever made it into Hollywood without daddy's connections. He was always a 'meh' kinda actor for me.

//
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-17-2019 at 02:05 PM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

I was building a "Capt. America" panhead when I sold off all my motorcycle $#@! years ago.

Had a springer front though, I hate a raked front with hydraulic shocks.

I'm repeating myself though...

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

RIP

Did Dennis Hopper go on to make great movies after Easy Rider ?

RIP
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Veterans ain't Fonda Jane.

That remark about wanting to put Baron Trump in a cage with pedophiles really soured his legacy. There's disliking Trump, and then there's being a deranged maniac.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

My guess is that this ''went out laughing'' line is what she dreamed up for herself over the years
    in response to how hated she was by most of America for decades.

If he was actually laughing , it was the morphine, I recommend it to anyone in their last
    days.

Actually turns out she was right about Vietnam . :shrugs:

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    My guess is that this ''went out laughing'' line is what she dreamed up for herself over the years
    in response to how hated she was by most of America for decades.

If he was actually laughing , it was the morphine, I recommend it to anyone in their last
    days.

Actually turns out she was right about Vietnam . :shrugs:
    She was wrong about Nam, there can be more than one wrong position and supporting the murderous commies was one of them.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Did Dennis Hopper go on to make great movies after Easy Rider ?
    Only one of the greatest in movie history.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    She was wrong about Nam, there can be more than one wrong position and supporting the murderous commies was one of them.
    Maybe we should go bomb the crap out of more countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't believe Jane supported commies, not for one minute, I do know though that Vietnam was
    for the MIC.
    We lost 45k men, killed millions of gooks, why , lol...............fkd up man just a fkd up deal all around.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Maybe we should go bomb the crap out of more countries.
    She wasn't against bombing, she was in favor of communism. Most of the anti-war movement at the time was.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenard Butler View Post
    Only one of the greatest in movie history.

I just started to 'try' to watch this, is this about bugs ?

In honor of Peter, please raise a glass to freedom.”
    Anyone one that wants to put a child in a cage and have him raped and tortured ain't gonna get a toast to freedom from me.

I don't believe Jane supported commies, not for one minute, I do know though that Vietnam was
    for the MIC.
    We lost 45k men, killed millions of gooks, why , lol...............fkd up man just a fkd up deal all around.
    She posed for Communist propaganda photos manning a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun outside of Hanoi in 1972.

Seem to recall a nickname of “Hanoi Jane” or something like that...
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    She posed for Communist propaganda photos manning a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun outside of Hanoi in 1972.

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    Seem to recall a nickname of “Hanoi Jane” or something like that...
    Looks like villagers, wtf knows who they were, there were 10's of millions of dollars spent promoting the
    MIC's lust for Billions toward killing hardware, all of you should know that , especially all of you here.
    Yes , it was Hanoi Jane, and she may have sided with the 'people' the people we slaughtered for fun
    and profit.
    No matter how fkd up crazy Jane was, she was right about one thing, us going there and slaughtering
    Millions was wrong, unconstitutional and reprehensibly immoral.
    But at the end of the day , the money is in being Israel, no one really cares about the gooks, they
    don't own Congress, nor run America, guess who does...........
    She was labeled a traitor, but if you seek bona fide traitors to focus on , look to Obama, Hillary,
    Mueller, Lynch, Holder, Reno, Bill, Bush 1 and 2 ..........

Looks like villagers, wtf knows who they were, there were 10's of millions of dollars spent promoting the
    MIC's lust for Billions toward killing hardware, all of you should know that , especially all of you here.
    Yes , it was Hanoi Jane, and she may have sided with the 'people' the people we slaughtered for fun
    and profit.
    No matter how fkd up crazy Jane was, she was right about one thing, us going there and slaughtering
    Millions was wrong, unconstitutional and reprehensibly immoral.
    But at the end of the day , the money is in being Israel, no one really cares about the gooks, they
    don't own Congress, nor run America, guess who does...........
    She was labeled a traitor, but if you seek bona fide traitors to focus on , look to Obama, Hillary,
    Mueller, Lynch, Holder, Reno, Bill, Bush 1 and 2 ..........

This^^^^^^

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

We always had some of these in our squadron urinals...

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.