Thread: Satoshi Nakamoto to Reveal Identity?

Question Satoshi Nakamoto to Reveal Identity?

After a decade of anonymity, Satoshi Nakamoto will break his silence in Part I of his “My Reveal” Sunday, Aug. 18, at 4 p.m. EDT on the Satoshi Nakamoto Renaissance Holdings website, www.SatoshiNRH.com, and the Ivy McLemore & Associates website, www.ivymclemore.com.
    In addition to his real-life identity, Nakamoto will use “My Reveal” to divulge such facts as his country of origin, education, professional background, and why he has yet to move any of his 980,000 bitcoins.
    Indicative of the compelling evidence he presents in each part of the series, Nakamoto will illustrate the role that cyphers and encryption related to his devotion to Chaldean numerology played in many decisions in his creation of Bitcoin.
    Nakamoto also will disclose why he chose the date August 18 not only to register bitcoin.org in 2008, but also to release Part I of “My Reveal” this coming Sunday on the 11th anniversary of his registration of bitcoin.org through AnonymousSpeech.com.
    Nakamoto’s revelations will culminate Tuesday in Part III with his introduction of Tabula Rasa, his clean-slate vision for Bitcoin’s transformational rebirth, and the declaration of his identity.
    The final two parts of Nakamoto’s “My Reveal” will post to www.SatoshiNRH.com and www.ivymclemore.com on Monday and Tuesday at 4 p.m. EDT.

More at: https://www.globenewswire.com/news-r...-Identity.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seems legit
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

MAX
    KAISER
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

And somehow I'm sure this satoshi wannabe won't sign or move a single bitcoin, the only proof crypto users will accept.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Whatever happened with the last time this was supposed to happen? The website even had a countdown clock to the event.

https://gotsatoshi.com/
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-18-2019 at 10:59 AM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

We're to believe that the website made to reveal who Satoshi is, the creator of Bitcoin, the one who figured out how to make public/private key crypto normal... can't even get SSL fully working on the front page of his website?

Unless we get some movement of known satoshi blocks or signatures it's all a PR scam. Or an interesting way to try to draw the real satoshi out.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    We're to believe that the website made to reveal who Satoshi is, the creator of Bitcoin, the one who figured out how to make public/private key crypto normal... can't even get SSL fully working on the front page of his website?

Unless we get some movement of known satoshi blocks or signatures it's all a PR scam. Or an interesting way to try to draw the real satoshi out.
    It is a marketing firm behind the releases. The last "Satoshi reveal" was a marketing scam. The "contact" email is @ the marketing firm.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-19-2019 at 02:46 PM.

Little known fact,

I am the real Satoshi.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoiners-...atoshi-reveal/

The story highlights the fact that there are a great number of people in search of the mysterious Nakamoto, but now marketers and businesses are using this desire to their advantage. It also shows the ridiculous number of Satoshi suspects and those who have claimed to be the currency’s creator. There’s the Hawaiian domain owner, Bitcoin Origins writer Scronty, the writer called “Duality,” the Bulgarian Debo Jurgen Etienne Guido, and of course the Australian who has claimed to be Satoshi for years. There are also Nakamoto suspects who are not alive or are in jail like the criminal mastermind Paul Le Roux, the forensics investigator David Kleiman, and the renowned cryptographer Hal Finney. There have been so many claimants over the years that it’s not even unbelievable anymore that people are willing to come forward and say they created Bitcoin. If anything the crypto community might want to host a live-action role-playing (LARP) award ceremony for all the nuts who say they are Satoshi.

These Satoshi revealers have put far more energy into the Nakamoto LARP in contrast to the simplicity of merely verifying an old message or private keys. Instead, we have people creating domains using Satoshi’s name for marketing purposes, people writing memoirs, and Bitcoin inventors with their own PR teams. A great example of these ludicrous theatrical performances was back in May 2016 when Quartz columnist Joon Ian Wong reported that Craig Wright allegedly used the rockstar David Bowie’s PR agency, Outside Organisation, to help with the big reveal that week. Outside Organisation was so good that they were able to get the public’s eyes fixated on Bowie, David Beckham, the Spice Girls, and allegedly the self-proclaimed Satoshi. Wong’s Quartz article details that during the Wright reveal ceremonies reporters from three different publications were “selected” for “proof sessions.” In addition to David Bowie’s PR firm, the selected journalists from the Economist, GQ, and the BBC publications were forced to sign non-disclosure agreements (NDA) in order to participate in the reveal, Wong detailed.

The Satoshi Nakamoto Renaissance Holdings PR attempt is not much different than the slew of wannabes and attention seekers in the past. Part I of his “My Reveal” on Sunday, August 18, at 4 p.m. EDT will be shown on the company website, Satoshinhr.com. Its likely people will tune in to hear what the person has to say for a brief period of time, but its more probable that the reveal will be nothing more than a tacky marketing attempt in order to highlight something else. An illustration of the announcement’s marketing nonsense can be read under the Satoshi Nakamoto Renaissance (SNR) Holdings business description, which states the company is a provider of “blockchain technologies to help transform people’s lives.” In reality, the only thing this announcement will likely provide is another attempt at Satoshi performance art — And a poor one, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    predictable fail.
    Did you read part 2 yet? Claims his 980k bitcoin are gone, forever.

Part 2 and 3

My full legal name is James Bilal Khalid Caan.
    But I will forever be known as Satoshi Nakamoto.

I haven't read it all yet, I don't see any marketing aspects involved with this so we will see.

I still say it's less than 50/50, but this guy seems like the closest thing so far to the real Satoshi...

If the real Satoshi is real, and not this guy, he could prove this guy is not the real one by moving a single satoshi out of the wallet. But you can't prove this guy is real just because Satoshi doesn't move a satoshi.

But if this guy is the real deal, and the 980k bitcoin are gone.. that will make bitcoin a lot more valuable.
    Last edited by dannno; 08-19-2019 at 06:10 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Did you read part 2 yet? Claims his 980k bitcoin are gone, forever.

Part 2 and 3

My full legal name is James Bilal Khalid Caan.
    But I will forever be known as Satoshi Nakamoto.

I haven't read it all yet, I don't see any marketing aspects involved with this so we will see.

I still say it's less than 50/50, but this guy seems like the closest thing so far to the real Satoshi...

If the real Satoshi is real, and not this guy, he could prove this guy is not the real one by moving a single satoshi out of the wallet. But you can't prove this guy is real just because Satoshi doesn't move a satoshi.

But if this guy is the real deal, and the 980k bitcoin are gone.. that will make bitcoin a lot more valuable.
    So he conveniently can't do the one thing that would prove he was telling the truth?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    So he conveniently can't do the one thing that would prove he was telling the truth?
    And does he really expect us to believe that some "Balil Khalid" Pakistani dude who could barely speak English, invented Bitcoin?

- Kim Kardashian

He's probably just trying to pad his resume to fraud his way into getting an American visa. Like every other Pakistani
    - Kim Kardashian

"I had lost my original emails because my email accounts were hacked, I had lost my 980,000 Bitcoins because of the hard drive crashing,
    Very convenient. What- a tech wiz who doesn't back up anything?
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-19-2019 at 07:56 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Allegedly it was because of a combination of his email getting hacked and also a hard drive that he sent in to be repaired.

"You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Allegedly it was because of a combination of his email getting hacked and also a hard drive that he sent in to be repaired.

Sure.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

He's explained why he can't prove he's Satoshi, tomorrow we will get to the pitch of the new version of bitcoin he's working on. Then we see what crypto snake oil he's selling.

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    He's explained why he can't prove he's Satoshi, tomorrow we will get to the pitch of the new version of bitcoin he's working on. Then we see what crypto snake oil he's selling.
    You must spread some Reputation