Thread: Assault weapons ban of 2019

Assault weapons ban of 2019

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-...bill/1296/text

To regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
    SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the “Assault Weapons Ban of 2019”.
    “(36) The term ‘semiautomatic assault weapon’ means any of the following, regardless of country of manufacture or caliber of ammunition accepted:

“(A) A semiautomatic rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:

“(i) A pistol grip.

“(ii) A forward grip.

“(iii) A folding, telescoping, or detachable stock, or is otherwise foldable or adjustable in a manner that operates to reduce the length, size, or any other dimension, or otherwise enhances the concealability, of the weapon.

“(iv) A grenade launcher.

“(v) A barrel shroud.

“(vi) A threaded barrel.

“(B) A semiautomatic rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds, except for an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.

“(C) Any part, combination of parts, component, device, attachment, or accessory that is designed or functions to accelerate the rate of fire of a semiautomatic rifle but not convert the semiautomatic rifle into a machinegun.

“(D) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:

“(i) A threaded barrel.

“(ii) A second pistol grip.

“(iii) A barrel shroud.

“(iv) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.

“(v) A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.

“(vi) A manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when unloaded.

“(vii) A stabilizing brace or similar component.

“(E) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

“(F) A semiautomatic shotgun that has any one of the following:

“(i) A folding, telescoping, or detachable stock.

“(ii) A pistol grip.

“(iii) A fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 5 rounds.

“(iv) The ability to accept a detachable magazine.

“(v) A forward grip.

“(vi) A grenade launcher.

“(G) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

“(H) All of the following rifles, copies, duplicates, variants, or altered facsimiles with the capability of any such weapon thereof:
    Followed by huge list .........

I suspect grandfathered rifles, pistols and magazines will be red flagged.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Come and get them, motherfuckers.

Today's as good a day as any to die.

Valhalla awaits.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Valhalla awaits.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

This ain't call.
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Valhalla awaits.
    Right there with you.

to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited
    vs.

the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
    I think things are pretty clear....

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
    Can't blame it on slaves or racism this time. Just straight up Nature's Law and that of Nature's God.

Representative David N. Cicilline, Democrat R.I, should be tarred, feathered and driven abroad.
    That's what would have happened when men were 100x better than the men we are.

We are pussies.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 08-16-2019 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    In righteous America the individual that wrote this bill would be tarred, feathered and driven abroad.
    I maintain he would be shot for treason and monuments would be erected to his firing squad as a warning to all others.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I maintain he would be shot for treason and monuments would be erected to his firing squad as a warning to all others.
    I'd be fine with a tar and feathering and driven abroad. $#@!, I don't particulery care to shoot the guy. Would you? If you were a singular "squad?"

Doesn't matter anyway. We're all pussies.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'd be fine with a tar and feathering and driven abroad. $#@!, I don't particulery care to shoot the guy. Would you? If you were a singular "squad?"

Doesn't matter anyway. We're all pussies.
    All I have to talk with is my ego and my conscience because I've never had to kill a man but my ego and my conscience tell me that he should be tried, convicted and shot and if I was on the firing squad I would consider it an honor.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    All I have to talk with is my ego and my conscience because I've never had to kill a man but my ego and my conscience tell me that he should be tried, convicted and shot and if I was on the firing squad I would consider it an honor.
    Well, guess that's the difference between you and I. Tar, feather, one way trip-tic to Guatemala works for me.

Valhalla awaits.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...B380&FORM=VIRE

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Valhalla awaits.
    Three different culture.

The first, Spartan's were conquered. When their fellow nativist's submitted.

The second, Native Americans were conquered. When their fellow nativist's submitted.

The third, they conquered, subjugated, then allowed for adaption. On their terms. But, were eventually brought down by being to far strung. And eventually adopting a religion that destroyed their heritage and pantheon.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 08-16-2019 at 10:56 PM.

Well, guess that's the difference between you and I. Tar, feather, one way trip-tic to Guatemala works for me.
    Why do you hate Guatemalans? (I mean the ones who are actually there ...)
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 08-16-2019 at 10:56 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    That's why I'm for the firing squad.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Mea Culpa. I could see where my post might be considered racist or nationalist.

How about raft at a Point Nemo?

Mea Culpa. I could see where my post might be considered racist or nationalist.

How about raft at a Point Nemo?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    None of the weapons in the Assault Weapons ban list had being used by the shooters, let alone grenade launcher!

Its clear that the congress wants to pass this ban of Assault Weapons in case of fears of a violent armed uprising. Hench the wording in the act.

To regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes
    "other purposes" fearing an violent armed uprising in America. Therefore polticans are now using excuses in order to push for the assault weapons to make sure you as the citzen wont be using them other then for home use and not violent armed uprising.

Looks like I'll be wishing stage 4 cancer on David Cicilline all day today. Or maybe I'll hope he veers left of center, runs into a telephone poll or a tree and his car explodes, and he burns to death, and hopefully the media will get in time to hear him gasping for his life. Then when they pull his body out of the vehicle he'll be burned beyond recognition.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 08-17-2019 at 07:53 AM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

The Assault Weapons Ban of 2019 Gets Committee Vote THIS WEEK