Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trump rally breaks NH venue's attendance record, beating Elton John.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Never spoke nor have I thought about a "genius singer" I commented on "musical genius".
    You said he had a good voice. I was just commenting on that much of it. Singing is more than having a good voice is all i was saying. A genius singer makes you feel the music, a genius musician is holograpbic they take you to a better place.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    I hate Elton John and Billy Joel with a passion.
    I actually blew a good date once, when some kids were playing guitar on the beach, and they were slaughtering music I already hate (Elton John) because they hardly knew how to play or sing. But the girl was all smiles and thought it was pone of those awesome finds on the beach. But i couldn't do it. I couldn't smile, all I could think was "please get me the $#@! out of here". I stood, arms crossed, pissed off. Why did it have to be Elton $#@!ing John?

And why did it have to be horribly amateur musicians trying to play Elton John.

We parted ways, and I ended up in a bar with live jazz... much better.

$#@! Elton John, and $#@! Billy Joel.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    I hate Elton John and Billy Joel with a passion.
    I actually blew a good date once, when some kids were playing guitar on the beach, and they were slaughtering music I already hate (Elton John) because they hardly knew how to play or sing. But the girl was all smiles and thought it was pone of those awesome finds on the beach. But i couldn't do it. I couldn't smile, all I could think was "please get me the $#@! out of here". I stood, arms crossed, pissed off. Why did it have to be Elton $#@!ing John?

And why did it have to be horribly amateur musicians trying to play Elton John.

We parted ways, and I ended up in a bar with live jazz... much better.

$#@! Elton John, and $#@! Billy Joel.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

I save my real hate for the Carpenters.
    "The Patriarch"

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    exactly. I don't mind the Eagles... ...but exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I save my real hate for the Carpenters.
    Hey! Karen Carpenter played the drums! Usually guys liked that.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

EJ had some gems back in the early days... before the pop $#@!.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Just a note on the attendance at the rally: the capacity of the arena is 11,770. Trump was said to have had 11,500- that leaves 270 seats empty. Trump fears people not liking him so he hypes attendance figures. He is very insecure. And stock market figures (when they are good).

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ire-rally-2020

“Biggest crowd EVER, according to Arena people. Thousands outside trying to get in. Place was packed!” Trump tweeted about the Manchester, New Hampshire stadium. “Radical Left Dems & their Partner, LameStream Media, saying Arena empty. Check out pictures. Fake News. The Enemy of the People!”

Trump’s polemic against the media likely referred to a viral tweet that incorporated a clip of MSNBC’s coverage of his New Hampshire speech; in the clip, a number of empty seats can be seen.

By Friday evening, more than 70,000 tweets with the the hashtag #EmptySeatMAGATour, many of them with links to similar video footage and photos apparently showing empty seats at Trump’s rally, had pushed the hashtag to the top of Twitter’s trending topics.

Trump’s tweets were in fact reiterations of a claim he made the day before, in which he bragged about breaking the record at the arena previously held by singer Elton John.

Despite the empty seats, it would appear he did indeed break the musician’s record — Manchester’s deputy fire marshal told the Daily Mail that a little more than 11,500 people were in the arena to hear the president speak; John had a few hundred less at his performance at the venue.

However, if the fire marshal’s count was correct, Trump still would have had some empty seats. The Hill reports the venue has a capacity of 11,770, which would make Trump’s assertions of having had a record breaking audience and his critics’ claims that he failed to fill the arena both true. The marshal also told the Mail the president had about 8,000 people fill the overflow space.

Holding the new attendance record alone did not seem to be enough for Trump, however. A quick scan of his timeline shows that on Thursday he actually tweeted or retweeted remarks about the size and enthusiasm of the crowd at his rally at least five times.

In summary: That makes eight tweets about his crowd size in 24 hours — not including several more tweets showing flattering video footage and photos of the crowds without explicit text about the size of them.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-17-2019 at 05:52 PM.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...55521855107072

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...55865351761920

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Just a note on the attendance at the rally: the capacity of the arena is 11,770. Trump was said to have had 11,500- that leaves 270 seats empty. Trump fears people not liking him so he hypes attendance figures. He is very insecure. And stock market figures (when they are good).

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ire-rally-2020
    Fire regulations are not about the number of seats, it is about how many people can exit the arena in what amount of time. Concerts have less floor space because of equipment and band. Trump had thousands standing outside.

Elton Johns record was crushed.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Elton has no problem selling out his shows. If he cared about beating Trump, all he had to do is get a smaller stage, put out a $#@!ty show and it would beat whatever number Trump has. People travel to see Elton John play. He is a bonified musical genius.
    Have you ever heard of Roger Hodgson? He was lead singer and song writer for the band Supertramp. Prior to that at 19 years of age he played in a pop band Argosy, which also included Reginald Dwight (later known as Elton John), Caleb Quaye, and Nigel Olsson.[9] Their sole single, "Mr. Boyd" and B-side "Imagine", consisted of two pieces of orchestrated pop (both penned by Hodgson)

Here is a song by Roger Hodgson you may recognize.

This guy writes his own lyrics and music.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123