Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Greta the climate change extremist is on her way to New York

Greta the climate change extremist is on her way to New York

She's going to NY on a 'carbon neutral' boat and will poop in a bucket as the journey will take 2 weeks:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/scienc...-a-bit-seasick

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    She's going to NY on a 'carbon neutral' boat and will poop in a bucket as the journey will take 2 weeks:

" zero carbon footprint". No carbon involved in manufacturing that boat?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Well, at least she walks the walk. She's clearly quite literally autistic, and has fixated on climate change, as autistic kids are wont to do. It's all rather creepy, more so the adults around her. I don't blame her and I kinda cringe when people speak against her personally.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

It would be funny if Trump denied her visa.

It would be funny if Trump denied her visa.
    Most citizens from most European countries don't need visa to visit the UN. The same way you don't need a visa to backpack Europe as an American passport holder. Trump would easily back her proposal if he gets a "good" deal for the US.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Most citizens from most European countries don't need visa to visit the UN. The same way you don't need a visa to backpack Europe as an American passport holder. Trump would easily back her proposal if he gets a "good" deal for the US.
    She will be on a tourist 90 day visa... The President can still bar her if he wants.

She will be on a tourist 90 day visa... The President can still bar her if he wants.
    Not unless its under some very extreme circumstances, she can get a free pass if its under 90 days without ever going to the embassy or asking for US permission to travel. That is what it means to have a visa waiver program with the US.

Not unless its under some very extreme circumstances, she can get a free pass if its under 90 days without ever going to the embassy or asking for US permission to travel. That is what it means to have a visa waiver program with the US.
    I still maintain the President can bar anyone, doesn't matter if its on a visa waiver. It's at his discretion. Like the Muslim country ban.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I still maintain the President can bar anyone, doesn't matter if its on a visa waiver. It's at his discretion. Like the Muslim country ban.
    People from muslim countries have to get authorization to visit even for 1 day, she coming from Sweden doesn't. So unless Trump is willing to cancel the whole program for everyone, then he probably cannot do anything about it. I think Trump is a looney bin but cancelling the US visa waiver program with western Europe is something a big step too far even for him.

People from muslim countries have to get authorization to visit even for 1 day, she coming from Sweden doesn't. So unless Trump is willing to cancel the whole program for everyone, then he probably cannot do anything about it. I think Trump is a looney bin but cancelling the US visa waiver program with western Europe is something a big step too far even for him.
    Maybe he can put her on a terrorist watch list. That will bar her from entry.

Maybe he can put her on a terrorist watch list. That will bar her from entry.
    First of all, it may not even work because Sweden would appeal the ban and secondly, if it was to go through, that would jeopardize the whole visa waiver program with the rest of Europe. Why go through all of that to make this little confused girl into a martyr?

Ban the agitator!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    Well, at least she walks the walk. She's clearly quite literally autistic, and has fixated on climate change, as autistic kids are wont to do. It's all rather creepy, more so the adults around her. I don't blame her and I kinda cringe when people speak against her personally.
    The adults who programmed her and use her are committing child abuse.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

That 'carbon neutral' yact costs around a half or so million dollars not something that a normal person could afford.

Her support entourage will leave a Carbon Wake the size of Cuba.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    I thought I saw some Down's Syndrome myself.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And if she gets into trouble and sets off her EPIRB, how much CO2 will be released by the rescue ships, helicopters, and all the rest, dispatched to save her ass.

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-14-2019 at 08:53 PM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Good for her. Sailing is cool sh!t.

She should probably look into algal based biodiesel - carbon negative. Perhaps in her lifetime she could offset 1 of Al Gore's flights.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Maybe she can help out NY and eat some rats while she is there .
    Do something Danke

Read up on her parents. She's being used as a mind-controlled tool.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Read up on her parents. She's being used as a mind-controlled tool pet.
    ftfy

This is hilarious!
    Greta Thunberg: Caroline Lucas reports Arron Banks to Twitter

Green Party MP Caroline Lucas has complained to Twitter over a tweet by Brexit campaigner Arron Banks aimed at climate change activist Greta Thunberg.

On Wednesday, Mr Banks referred to Ms Thunberg's sea voyage across the Atlantic and tweeted: "Freak yachting accidents do happen in August..."

Ms Thunberg, who chooses not to fly, is sailing from the UK to attend UN climate summits in New York and Chile.

Ms Lucas said she reported his comment, while Mr Banks said it was a joke.

"Arron Banks' vile tweet about @GretaThunberg makes me sick to the stomach," Ms Lucas wrote on Twitter on Thursday morning.

"I have made a formal complaint to Twitter."

Ms Thunberg set sail from Plymouth on Wednesday at the start of her two-week journey to New York and Chile.

The 16-year-old refuses to travel by air because of its environmental impact, so has chosen a carbon-neutral racing yacht.

Shortly after she departed, Mr Banks, an insurance tycoon who founded Leave.EU, shared a tweet from Ms Lucas that wished Ms Thunberg "bon voyage".

His tweet faced widespread criticism, with Mr Banks later responding, saying it was "a joke" and accusing his critics of having "no sense of humour".

Mr Banks later added: "Obviously I don't hope she encounters a freak yachting accident!

"I just enjoy watching the ludicrous tweeter mob following the next outrage."

Among those who condemned his post was actress Amanda Abbington, who tweeted: "You're wishing a potentially fatal accident onto a sixteen year old girl, why..?"

Others called his tweet "disgraceful" while Labour MP Paula Sherriff said he was "utterly vile".

The novelist Philip Pullman said: "That's how you'll be remembered, Banks. That's the measure of you."

According to Twitter, anybody can report an individual tweet or profile for certain violations, including: spam, abusive or harmful content, inappropriate ads, self-harm and impersonation.

Fans gathered to wave Ms Thunberg off on her voyage across the Atlantic.

Before leaving, she said of climate sceptics: "There's always going to be people who don't understand or accept the united science, and I will just ignore them, as I'm only acting and communicating on the science."

She added she thought people's mindsets were changing "even if it's not enough, and not fast enough, that's something, it's not for nothing".
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49358108

Before leaving, she said of climate sceptics: "There's always going to be people who don't understand or accept the united science, and I will just ignore them, as I'm only acting and communicating on the science."
    Because, you know, that's how science works - not just by refusing to indulge in skepticism, but by willfully ignoring it ...

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 08-15-2019 at 06:42 AM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Read up on her parents. She's being used as a mind-controlled tool.
    Thunberg being using as face to raise millions for start-up company, parents say they "don't know nothin' bout that"
    https://www.thelocal.se/20190209/sta...raise-millions

Research proves that parents are full of crap, of course
    http://www.theartofannihilation.com/...falling-apart/
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thunberg being using as face to raise millions for start-up company, parents say they "don't know nothin' bout that"
    https://www.thelocal.se/20190209/sta...raise-millions

Research proves that parents are full of crap, of course
    http://www.theartofannihilation.com/...falling-apart/
    WOW! And in 2 weeks time she is going to be spreading her nonsense in the US.

Hopefully her boat will stop working and she ends up being stranded in the middle of the ocean.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

So in short, the answer is technically no, the trip is not 100% zero-carbon.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    That 'carbon neutral' yact costs around a half or so million dollars not something that a normal person could afford.
    3.7 million quid.

About $6 million Colonial.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Hopefully her boat will stop working and she ends up being stranded in the middle of the ocean.
    On board with her are two highly experienced skippers, Boris Herrmann and Pierre Casiraghi (the grandson of Monaco's late Prince Ranier III and actress Grace Kelly), her father Svante and cameraman Nathan Grossman.
    She's just propaganda supercargo.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast