Thread: Trudeau calls for action as gun violence spikes in Toronto

Trudeau calls for action as gun violence spikes in Toronto

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said on Tuesday that a recent spate of gun violence in the country’s biggest city Toronto requires a “common sense firearms policy” and called for action.

With the numbers of shooting incidents rising rapidly in Toronto this summer, Trudeau met with the city’s mayor John Tory as provincial, municipal and federal governments in Canada scrambled to respond to the outbreak of violence.
    Toronto has seen an increase in gun violence in 2019 so far - with 267 shootings resulting in 20 deaths and 132 injuries, according the police. That compares to 248 shootings, 30 deaths and 109 injuries in the same period of 2018. Seventeen people were shot over the holiday weekend last week. Toronto’s gun violence has been blamed on illegal guns and gang violence.
    While deaths by shootouts in Canada is negligible compared to the United States, gun control is rapidly shaping up to become a significant issue in the upcoming Canadian federal election in October.
    Trudeau stopped short of promising a handgun ban, as the cities of Toronto and Montreal have publicly asked for.
    “Recent shootings have underscored the need for common sense firearms policy,” Trudeau said at a press conference after the meeting with Tory. “We need action. But Mayor Tory and I agree that we can’t simply arrest our way out of this problem.”

More at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKCN1V31U9
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Liberal shi t holes...
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Trouble by the southern border ?

How you gonna ban an already illegal gun.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Start banning guns America. And maybe less guns would be probably imported into Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Start banning guns America. And maybe less guns would be probably imported into Canada.
    Get lost, we will not give up our guns and roll over for your ChiCom masters and their agents.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Get lost, we will not give up our guns and roll over for your ChiCom masters and their agents.
    No offense meant there. Either America has to act on its borders or Canada will have to do something more on its borders with border checking.
    Or take more measures.

Seeing how trump has being so far of a clown. He hasn't done anything on the American/Canadian borders.

No offense meant there. Either America has to act on its borders or Canada will have to do something more on its borders with border checking.
    Or take more measures.

Seeing how trump has being so far of a clown. He hasn't done anything on the American/Canadian borders.
    Or Canada could let their citizens have guns to defend themselves, stop destroying their inner cities with liberalism and stop importing barbarians.

Trump owes Canada nothing and neither does any American.

Your lack of native facility with English is showing again, ChiCom.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Or Canada could let their citizens have guns to defend themselves, stop destroying their inner cities with liberalism and stop importing barbarians.

Trump owes Canada nothing and neither does any American.

Your lack of native facility with English is showing again, ChiCom.
    Trump owes Canada nothing
    Trump says he’s willing to raise Canada’s concerns to Chinese president

Trump never did. But in the end Chinese laughed at the Trump admin for that gaff.

ChiCom.
    Is that what Trump supporters do when they are being challenged? return to name calling?

Trump says he’s willing to raise Canada’s concerns to Chinese president

Trump never did. But in the end Chinese laughed at the Trump admin for that gaff.
    He was willing to but Canada hasn't given him any reason to and they have given him reason not to.
    Trump will have the last laugh on China and Trudeau.

Is that what Trump supporters do when they are being challenged? return to name calling?
    You have exposed yourself and I see no reason not to point out your deception, AngryChiCom.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

He was willing to but Canada hasn't given him any reason to and they have given him reason not to.
    Trump will have the last laugh on China and Trudeau.

You have exposed yourself and I see no reason not to point out your deception, AngryChiCom.
    Nope and i am not Chinese. Nice try with the insults and also your beloved peaceful protestors have being arresting Chinese journalists from mainland for just doing their jobs.

How very peaceful of them.

Nope and i am not Chinese. Nice try with the insults and also your beloved peaceful protestors have being arresting Chinese journalists from mainland for just doing their jobs.

How very peaceful of them.
    There are bad apples in all groups there are also double agents whose job is to make the other side look bad.
    And who said the protestors were required to be peaceful? America didn't win its independence with peaceful protests.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

There are bad apples in all groups there are also double agents whose job is to make the other side look bad.
    And who said the protestors were required to be peaceful? America didn't win its independence with peaceful protests.
    Its better that you Americans don't compare yourselves to either Chinese or anyone else inbetween.
    What America wants in HK is a big middle finger to China that is it really. Acting like a little immature child on the world stage pretending that the world belongs to America alone.

"Pretending to be the good guys, while militarily occupying others for years and placing puppets"

who said the protestors were required to be peaceful?
    Why of course Trump boy MSM did. Several times.

Its better that you Americans don't compare yourselves to either Chinese or anyone else inbetween.
    It is better if you don't try to tell us what to do.

What America wants in HK is a big middle finger to China that is it really.
    What America wants is irrelevant, what Hong Kong wants is what matters.

Acting like a little immature child on the world stage pretending that the world belongs to America alone.
    That describes China as well or better.

"Pretending to be the good guys, while militarily occupying others for years and placing puppets"
    China is no better.

Why of course Trump boy MSM did. Several times.
    What is "Trump boy MSM"?
    And it doesn't matter, Hong Kong has a right to seize its independence from the evil ChiCom regime by any means necessary no matter what anyone else says.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment