Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul signals support for Red Flags

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    This is very dangerous. Lindsey Graham is pushing for mental health screening too. They will use psychiatry as a weapon!
    Next step, ANY perscription drug that has “depression” as a side effect will be cause to red flag you. Kiss your 2nd amendment right goodbye.
    Also once reg flagged getting your right back will require lawyer, court hearing, medical professional assessment and money... good luck with that...
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Red Flag laws should however have an exception for members of law enforcement.

It wouldn't make sense for an Officer's guns to be confiscated every time he was accused of being mentally unstable. He couldn't do his job.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Can Rand at least ensure that the Red Flag laws he votes for protects our 2nd amendment hunting rights?

Only mass-shooter-ish weapons should be able to be red flagged. My bolt-action remington should be protected, especially during deer season.

These hunter protections would allow us to have Red Flag laws without compromising the 2nd amendment
    Last edited by TheTexan; 08-13-2019 at 01:29 PM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    The big problem with these things is they are created in response to tragic events that are instigated by bad actors who want to take away the 2nd amendment completely. These slippery slope solutions just evolve into something else because the goal post gets moved after the next tragedy and they blame the problem on the wrong things.
    If you reward the shooters with gun control you will get more shootings until all guns are banned.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    Next step, ANY perscription drug that has “depression” as a side effect will be cause to red flag you. Kiss your 2nd amendment right goodbye.
    Also once reg flagged getting your right back will require lawyer, court hearing, medical professional assessment and money... good luck with that...
    That is how they are disarming veterans who are diagnosed with PTSD. Very slippery slope.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    That is how they are disarming veterans who are diagnosed with PTSD. Very slippery slope.
    And not just for PTSD ....

The VA “Red Flags” veterans for any reason they want, like complaining about service

Yes OB and they will send a SWAT team to your house...

Rand Paul needs to use his standard procedure. Propose some additional legislation and refuse to support anything else if it doesn’t pass.

Proposed amendment 1:

- If a person passes a reasonable background check to purchase a weapon, that will automatically result in them being issued a universal concealed carry permit.
    - Additionally, this permit will supersede any other Federal gun restrictions on carrying, including, but not limited to, airports, aircraft and schools.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    It will also cause some that might need a little help to forego it.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    It will also cause some that might need a little help to forego it.
    Probably the best thing that could happen for the majority of them. Avoid the drug pushers. Alternative therapy and lifestyle changes instead.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Very true. This should not happen. It's the new Hegelian dialectic: Problem, reaction--solution.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Probably the best thing that could happen for the majority of them. Avoid the drug pushers. Alternative therapy and lifestyle changes instead.
    I'm speaking more to therapy/counseling. Something as innocuous as

Doc to patient: "So, how have you been lately regarding your mental health?"

Patient: "Things have been really tough lately. I've even had thoughts of hurting myself, although I'd never act on it."

Boom. Red flag.

I'm speaking more to therapy/counseling. Something as innocuous as

Doc to patient: "So, how have you been lately regarding your mental health?"

Patient: "Things have been really tough lately. I've even had thoughts of hurting myself, although I'd never act on it."

Boom. Red flag.
    The problem with mental health and red flagging is it causes a lot of possibility of unfair prejudices. I've met lots of normal people who are sad sometimes but could use a little therapy. If you talk to a lot of sex workers they tend to tell you about how a lot of Johns use them as therapists and talk to them more than anything.

The problem with mental health and red flagging is it causes a lot of possibility of unfair prejudices. I've met lots of normal people who are sad sometimes but could use a little therapy. If you talk to a lot of sex workers they tend to tell you about how a lot of Johns use them as therapists and talk to them more than anything.
    What exactly are you doing that you talk to a lot of sex workers?

What exactly are you doing that you talk to a lot of sex workers?
    I read a lot of different opinions and my old job afforded me the luxory of talking to a lot of different people and having to understand their perspective in order to communicate effectively. One of the most interesting books I have read was a first hand account about a guy who did executions.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Paul, a strong gun-rights advocate, signaled his willingness to support something along the lines of "red flag" laws that allow guns to be removed from those who may be a danger to themselves and others.

"I'm not opposed to sort of an emergency order for 48 hours and then you get a hearing in a court where you get the full due-process protections," he said in the interview. "It's the one thing that could fix a lot of stuff. I think most of these homicidal attackers ... are sending off signals to their family and community."
    So I go down the street
    Down to my good friend's house
    I said, "Look man, I'm outdoors, you know?
    Can I stay with you maybe a couple days?"
    He said, "Let me go and ask my wife."

He come out of the house
    I could see it in his face
    I know that it was "no"
    He said, "I don't know man, uh, she kinda funny, you know?"

I said, "I know. Everybody funny. Now you funny too ..."
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 08-13-2019 at 03:49 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Red Flag laws should however have an exception for members of law enforcement.

It wouldn't make sense for an Officer's guns to be confiscated every time he was accused of being mentally unstable. He couldn't do his job.
    Bet your ass they will have that.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

So I go down the street

He come out of the house
    I know that it was "no"

I said, "I know, Everybody funny. Now you funny too ..."
    She-a hollerin 'bout the front rent?

She be lucky to get in the back rent.

She ain't gonna get none of it!
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I read a lot of different opinions and my old job afforded me the luxory of talking to a lot of different people and having to understand their perspective in order to communicate effectively. One of the most interesting books I have read was a first hand account about a guy who did executions.
    I was just ribbin' ya. And books are good. I like books.

So I go down the street

He come out of the house
    I know that it was "no"

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    She-a hollerin 'bout the front rent?

She be lucky to get in the back rent.

She ain't gonna get none of it!

Let's say we just quit teasin' it and just post the damn thing, hmmm?

Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

George Thorogood is a badass on the guitar. If you ever get the chance to see him live, I highly recommend it.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Bet your ass they will have that.
    You don't see that as a bad thing, do you? You're the guy calling for legions of mentally unstable Bolshevik cops within 100 miles of every border and coastline shooting brown people on sight to preserve Western values.
    Last edited by Superfluous Man; 08-14-2019 at 07:48 AM. Reason: forgot to add the word Bolshevik

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    You don't see that as a bad thing, do you? You're the guy calling for legions of mentally unstable Bolshevik cops within 100 miles of every border and coastline shooting brown people on sight to preserve Western values.
    Because western values like gun rights aren't under attack.

So I go down the street

He come out of the house
    I know that it was "no"

unfortunately, THIS^

WIFE said she dun w/ rand...I worked hard to wedge him in and he is OUT
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    unfortunately, THIS^

WIFE said she dun w/ rand...I worked hard to wedge him in and he is OUT
    Massie is our only hope. I pray he runs for Senate when McConnell retires.

Because western values like gun rights aren't under attack.
    Exactly. I believe the way the new anti-libertarian majority here reasons through this is a variation of the GW quote, "I have abandoned free market principles to save the free market."

Generally, I've noticed they're not even shy about putting it pretty much that way any more.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Exactly. I believe the way the new anti-libertarian majority here reasons through this is a variation of the GW quote, "I have abandoned free market principles to save the free market."

Generally, I've noticed they're not even shy about putting it pretty much that way any more.
    You mean the people who want open borders for people who will come here and vote for things like gun control?

You mean the people who want open borders for people who will come here and vote for things like gun control?
    I get your reasoning. It seems like you're basically admitting that I have it right. Right?

I get your reasoning. It seems like you're basically admitting that I have it right. Right?
    You have it right that there should be open borders for people who come from a country who don't have gun rights?

You have it right that there should be open borders for people who come from a country who don't have gun rights?
    I'm not sure what you're saying any more.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast