Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul signals support for Red Flags

Rand Paul signals support for Red Flags

Uh oh...

Paul, a strong gun-rights advocate, signaled his willingness to support something along the lines of "red flag" laws that allow guns to be removed from those who may be a danger to themselves and others.

"I'm not opposed to sort of an emergency order for 48 hours and then you get a hearing in a court where you get the full due-process protections," he said in the interview. "It's the one thing that could fix a lot of stuff. I think most of these homicidal attackers ... are sending off signals to their family and community."
    https://news.yahoo.com/sen-rand-paul...051730853.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    WHAT???!!!
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    WHAT???!!!
    Rand is wavering. I don't think he will support the Graham bill.. he wants it as long as there is 'due process'

Ron needs to have a talk with him ASAP.
    @Bryan, you have talked with him before, maybe you can reach out to him now?

Massie isn't caving but he's in the House and the Demoncrats will be able to pass anything they want and he can't stop them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I feel safer already.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Rand is wavering. I don't think he will support the Graham bill.. he wants it as long as there is 'due process'
    There's no such thing as due process here.

This is what started the Revolutionary war.

If the government comes to take people's guns who haven't done anything wrong yet the Redcoats should be shot.

People who are crazy will still be crazy and have access to plenty of other things to kill with but now they will be mad too.
    And mostly this will be used against innocent people by malicious personal enemies.

You DON'T waver on this.

Which other rights is he going to waver on?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It's looking like Massie is our only hope.

We already have innocent people be killed by this garbage at the state level.

Not only are weapons the most important right in the Constitution but the federal government shouldn't be anywhere near this.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe Massie needs to primary Rand?

Maybe it would be best if Rand kept his campaign promise and term limited out. He seems to be catching Potomac Fever.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

We already have innocent people be killed by this garbage at the state level.

Not only are weapons the most important right in the Constitution but the federal government shouldn't be anywhere near this.
    There is a clamour to 'do something'. Rand is up for election in 2022 I suspect that's why he's taking this position.

I don't care if nothing passes, I don't like Trump playing 3D chess about this (if that's what he is doing) Rand is supposed to be better than Trump, he should be the one making sure that no matter what Trump rambles on about this doesn't happen, if Trump is playing 3D chess he needs Rand to make sure nothing comes of it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

There is a clamour to 'do something'. Rand is up for election in 2022 I suspect that's why he's taking this position.
    See #9 and #11.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Rand is already on the wrong side of immigration and defensive trade.

The rest of his voting record won't mean a thing if he folds on this, he won't be re-elected, he'll get replaced by a MAGA candidate in the primaries and he may go down in history as the man who sealed the fate of the Republic.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If Rand does this I'm going to owe @Matt Collins an apology.

I still say I was right about each individual disagreement but his sixth sense may have been right anyway.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Let Rand know that he MUST NOT do this:

https://www.paul.senate.gov/CONNECT/EMAIL-RAND

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Let Rand know that he MUST NOT do this:

https://www.paul.senate.gov/CONNECT/EMAIL-RAND
    Does he only take emails from Kentucky residents?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Does he only take emails from Kentucky residents?
    I don't live in Kentucky and I just sent him an E-Mail at that link.

The "State" box is pre-filled out with KY but you can change it to your state.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I think we should also call his office tomorrow

Office Locations

167 Russell Senate Office Building
    Washington DC, 20510
    Phone: 202-224-4343

Main State Office
    1029 State Street
    Bowling Green, KY 42101
    Phone: 270-782-8303

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The big problem with these things is they are created in response to tragic events that are instigated by bad actors who want to take away the 2nd amendment completely. These slippery slope solutions just evolve into something else because the goal post gets moved after the next tragedy and they blame the problem on the wrong things.

Rand sold out on the right to keep and bear arms already a couple of years ago
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Thomas is in the House and can't do anything especially being in the minority party.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Rand sold out on the right to keep and bear arms already a couple of years ago
    Being shot at by his opposition and having his own supporters and most of the public and media blame him for doing his own yard work does that to you.

Cross posting this...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Red flag laws defy logic. Similar to other prohibited persons.

The theory here is that an individual is so dangerous to society, that they must be prevented from legally purchasing weapons. What is wrong with that?

- First of all, if a person is truly that dangerous, why are they out walking the streets at all? Illogical.
    - People and criminals will always be able to get weapons, thus this will not work,
    - A person that is too dangerous could kill people by other means. Guns are simply tools, and their are plenty of tools in the toolbox. Thus, this will not work.
    - Falling through the cracks. This already happens. Prohibited people have bought weapons and committed crimes because the system is by no means perfect.
    - Abuse. Like SWATing, this system can and will be abused. Somebody has a grudge? They can report you. Angry ex? They can report you. And like SWATing, people will die when being raided in the pre-dawn hours. It has already happened.
    - Due process. This system destroys due process. It is unconstitutional.
    - Second Amendment is violated. Unconstitutional.
    - And finally, how much will this illogical and futile system cost? Probably quite a bit.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is very dangerous. Lindsey Graham is pushing for mental health screening too. They will use psychiatry as a weapon!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    This is very dangerous. Lindsey Graham is pushing for mental health screening too. They will use psychiatry as a weapon!
    They are already using psychology as a weapon. This just the tip of the iceburg.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Cross posting this...
    Ya, I think the idea is if somebody is so dangerous that we must take their guns, then why are we letting them drive a car around??

Elliot Rodger's Isla Vista massacre was actually the first mass killing that got people really talking about this idea of taking guns from people whose friends and family suspect they are dangerous. His family had the police visit his apartment to check on him, and the police ultimately just went there, asked a few questions and left. They didn't look up the public records to check to see if he even had guns and many people believe they were negligent.

Rodger may have stabbed three and shot three people, but anybody who read his 127 page manifesto knows that his ultimate plan was to mow people down in his car on this street:

His rampage ended there, he was being followed by cops. He did hit and injure a few people, then crashed his car and shot himself. But since he was a loser and had no social life, he didn't realize nobody is out at 9:30pm, they are all pre-partying with their friends inside their dorm/house/apartments. That's more what the street looks like on a busy night at around 10:45 until a little after midnight when the noise ordinance begins.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ya, I think the idea is if somebody is so dangerous that we must take their guns, then why are we letting them drive a car around??

Elliot Rodger's Isla Vista massacre was actually the first mass killing that got people really talking about this idea of taking guns from people whose friends and family suspect they are dangerous. His family had the police visit his apartment to check on him, and the police ultimately just went there, asked a few questions and left. They didn't look up the public records to check to see if he even had guns and many people believe they were negligent.

Rodger may have stabbed three and shot three people, but anybody who read his 127 page manifesto knows that his ultimate plan was to mow people down in his car on this street:

His rampage ended there, he was being followed by cops. He did hit and injure a few people, then crashed his car and shot himself. But since he was a loser and had no social life, he didn't realize nobody is out at 9:30pm, they are all pre-partying with their friends inside their dorm/house/apartments. That's more what the street looks like on a busy night at around 10:45 until a little after midnight when the noise ordinance begins.
    We really need to stop relying on the authorities to keep people safe and keep the peace, they are just there to collect revenue for the state. Maybe a private solution, community watch groups?

I CALLED!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

I cross posted the article on FreeRepublic:

https:// www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3771458/posts?page=26

Some good points made there for once.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast