Thread: Bear breaks into house and smashes wall ‘like the Kool-Aid Man’ to leave

Bear breaks into house and smashes wall ‘like the Kool-Aid Man’ to leave

An American black bear broke into a house in Colorado before escaping by smashing through a wall.
    The animal left a hole “like the Kool-Aid Man”, police in the town of Estes Park said.
    No one was in the property at the time of the incident on Friday night and no one was injured, officers said in a post on Facebook.
    But the owners will now be looking at a significant repair bill, it seems.
    Describing the incident, attending officers said they visited the house after becoming aware of unusual activity there.
    “Upon officer’s arrival, said bear forcibly breached a hole in the wall like the ‘Kool-Aid Man’ and made its escape,” their statement on social media said.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/bear-breaks-h...082050367.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I went on an off trail backpacking wilderness excursion out there one time, that is the last little town before you get into some of the protected wilderness areas. Saw a ton of wildlife, it was epic. Luckily no bears, but we made a lot of noise. They are out there.

Pretty close to there, I heard about a bear breaking into a pie shop at night.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I went on an off trail backpacking wilderness excursion out there one time, that is the last little town before you get into some of the protected wilderness areas. Saw a ton of wildlife, it was epic. Luckily no bears, but we made a lot of noise. They are out there.

Maybe Planet of the Apes was wrong, maybe Planet of the Bears would be more accurate?
    Maybe the rebellion is already starting: Falling bear lands on deputy's car, causing crash, wildfire

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Maybe Planet of the Apes was wrong, maybe Planet of the Bears would be more accurate?
    Maybe the rebellion is already starting: Falling bear lands on deputy's car, causing crash, wildfire
    California and Colorado..

You think the bears are getting ahold of the legal weed somehow?

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Fki n g stoned azz bears!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Could be.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

"It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

I think now we know who helped epstein escape
    "Everything secret degenerates, even the administration of justice;
    nothing is safe that does not show how it can bear discussion and publicity." -- Lord Acton

"What a state of society is this
    in which freethinker is a term of abuse,
    and in which doubt is regarded as sin?" -- William Winwood Reade

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Nah, most of it isn't grown in bear country in Colorado. Some, but not most of it. I've never even heard of any animals besides humans breaking into weed grows.

Besides, you can't get high just eating the plant.

But, if I wake up and there's a bear in my living room with my enail and fat dab ready, I'll be sure to get video and interrogate him on his intentions.

Did the bear say, "Oh, yeah!" ... ?

'Coz if it didn't, then it did NOT smash through the wall like the Kool-Aid Man ...

Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law." - The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      - Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      - Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·
    MOFA (Make Orwell Fiction Again)

Quote Originally Posted by CoastieInColorado
    That is a complete falsehood my friend.

Would have been funny if the people had kool aid left out in the kitchen.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by CoastieInColorado View Post
    Nah, most of it isn't grown in bear country in Colorado. Some, but not most of it. I've never even heard of any animals besides humans breaking into weed grows.

But, if I wake up and there's a bear in my living room with my enail and fat dab ready, I'll be sure to get video and interrogate him on his intentions.
    Lol, ya, I was joking.. Humboldt used to be the cannabis growing capital of the world. Some people think weed changes when it becomes legal, but there's always been tons of it around.

Humboldt county might have more missing persons per capita than anywhere on the west coast.
    Do something Danke

Estes Park is the gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park. Sits at about 7,500 feet above sea level (Denver is 5,280). You can usually find elk wandering around town almost any time of day.
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Estes Park is the gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park. Sits at about 7,500 feet above sea level (Denver is 5,280). You can usually find elk wandering around town almost any time of day.
    Elk were everywhere..

Once we got up high enough in the mountains, up near the tree line, we walked past a bunch of these guys:

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Elk were everywhere..

Once we got up high enough in the mountains, up near the tree line, we walked past a bunch of these guys:

What a majestic looking beast. It must be pretty amazing to see animals of that caliber.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

No picture of the hole in the wall with that article? Good grief.

Elk were everywhere..

I have seen sheep up there- but not that big.
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post

Thanks. Much better.

They're in my backyard here. 4700 ft on the button. 2 hours south of Denver

The bulls are all pretty skittish, the cows don't seem to care about the drone.
    Last edited by CoastieInColorado; 08-13-2019 at 12:24 PM.

Elk were everywhere..

You see whole herds of these along Highway 160 heading west, one of the most beautiful drives in the state.

Lol, ya, I was joking.. Humboldt used to be the cannabis growing capital of the world. Some people think weed changes when it becomes legal, but there's always been tons of it around.
    lol, I know, I know.

Those same people also think today's weed is more potent, when it's only the availability of more potent weed that has gone up. Hell, Robert Connell Clarks book Marijuana Botany was written in the '70's, and it even mentions 30%+ THC strains-in the wild (the Sativas of Thailand/Cambodia/Laos).

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Seriously I would love to see what the outline looked like.

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    What a majestic looking beast. It must be pretty amazing to see animals of that caliber.
    A Bull could hit you pretty hard , I bet one butt from this critter and its over , done ''good night Irene'' .