Thread: Chase forgives all credit card debt for Canadian customers

Chase forgives all credit card debt for Canadian customers

Chase forgives all credit card debt for Canadian customers

Aug. 9 (UPI) -- Chase Bank announced it is forgiving all credit card debt held by Canadian customers more than one year after the company decided to close all credit card accounts there.
    "Chase made the decision to exit the Canadian credit card market," Chase spokeswoman Maria Martinez said in a statement. "A further business decision was made earlier this year to forgive all outstanding balances in order to complete the exit."

Martinez said Chase determined it was better for all parties if the company forgave the debt rather than try to sell the debt to a third-party debt collector.
    More: https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-N...2281565375990/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What was the balance on the biggest account?

Democrat politicians talk increasingly about forgiving debt. Perhaps they’re ignorant of the concept of moral hazard.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    What was the balance on the biggest account?
    My canadian account with Dankes name was 4800.00 . The credit limit was 16K , evidently Danke has pretty good credit in canada .
    Last edited by oyarde; 08-10-2019 at 06:56 PM.
    Do something Danke

Chase is owned by JP Morgan. I haven't found their market share in Canada yet but average credit card balance in Canada runs about $4,000. Chase shut down their credit cards in Canada last year so balances should be lower than that. Probably writing the losses off from taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Chase is owned by JP Morgan. I haven't found their market share in Canada yet but average credit card balance in Canada runs about $4,000. Chase shut down their credit cards in Canada last year so balances should be lower than that. Probably writing the losses off from taxes.
    Are you saying it wasn’t out of the goodness of their hearts?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Democrat politicians talk increasingly about forgiving debt. Perhaps they’re ignorant of the concept of moral hazard.
    Debt forgiveness is actually biblical. (Year of jubilee). Considering Chase got bailed out by U.S. taxpayers they should have been forgiving U.S. debts.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Debt forgiveness is actually biblical. (Year of jubilee). Considering Chase got bailed out by U.S. taxpayers they should have been forgiving U.S. debts.
    Government bailouts are a moral hazard of the worst kind.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    they created nothing and destroyed nothing. Still inflated the currency with fake currency.

Quote Originally Posted by kfarnan View Post
    they created nothing and destroyed nothing. Still inflated the currency with fake currency.
    Bingo. It's a big illusion. The name on the card/account isn't even yours. It's the name of a trust created by the state after mom signed the birth certificate. The owner of the named trust should be the one paying the bill.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book