Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul's immigration position from 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You may be correct.

The whole point of this thread is that those of us who share my views or similar views are legitimate Ron Paul supporters and have a right to be here and express our opinions.

I am sick and tired of being told I'm an "evil statist" who doesn't belong here and so are many of the others.

You have no "right" to be here and do anything. None of us do. We are here at the pleasure of those who own the site who can ban or exclude people for any reason they like. I don't think they should do that, but I can't deny it's within their rights, your incessant whining to the contrary notwithstanding.

As to your being "sick and tired," poor baby. Your perpetual attempts to play the victim are completely unmoving. You've worked very hard to piss off a sizeable percentage of the members here, many of them long time, well respected members. That you're the single most disliked, perhaps even despised member here comes as no surprise. You're reaping what you've sown. Too $#@!in' bad.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    You have no "right" to be here and do anything. None of us do. We are here at the pleasure of those who own the site who can ban or exclude people for any reason they like. I don't think they should do that, but I can't deny it's within their rights, your incessant whining to the contrary notwithstanding.

As to your being "sick and tired," poor baby. Your perpetual attempts to play the victim are completely unmoving. You've worked very hard to piss off a sizeable percentage of the members here, many of them long time, well respected members. That you're the single most disliked, perhaps even despised member here comes as no surprise. You're reaping what you've sown. Too $#@!in' bad.
    I have a right to be here because the owner of this site says that supporters of Ron do and it is your side that attempts to arrogate the authority to say I don't.

I was attacked and vilified first by all of my enemies for daring to disagree with them and I have never stooped to their level, but I don't expect honesty or fairness out of someone who joined in and supported another member hurling sexual insults at me for daring to disagree with him after I was kind to you about your family's medical problems.

You open borders people are the most offensive and hate filled members of this site with few exceptions.

And I have lots of friends here (even among those who disagree with me) so your attempt to con me into leaving won't work.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Ron Paul's position from 2007:

The talk must stop. We must secure our borders now. A nation without secure borders is no nation at all. It makes no sense to fight terrorists abroad when our own front door is left unlocked. This is my six point plan:

• Physically secure our borders and coastlines. We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country before we undertake complicated immigration reform proposals.
    • Enforce visa rules. Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law. This is especially important when we recall that a number of 9/11 terrorists had expired visas.
    • No amnesty. Estimates suggest that 10 to 20 million people are in our country illegally. That’s a lot of people to reward for breaking our laws.
    • No welfare for illegal aliens. Americans have welcomed immigrants who seek opportunity, work hard, and play by the rules. But taxpayers should not pay for illegal immigrants who use hospitals, clinics, schools, roads, and social services.
    • End birthright citizenship. As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be citizens, the incentive to enter the U.S. illegally will remain strong.
    • Pass true immigration reform. The current system is incoherent and unfair. But current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity. Legal immigrants from all countries should face the same rules and waiting periods.

http://archive.is/XoV0h#selection-311.1-349.26

"I remember I got into trouble with Libertarians because I said there may well be a time when immigration is like an invasion and we have to treat it differently." - Ron Paul on Meet The Press 23 Dec 2007

We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country

Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law.

No amnesty.

End birthright citizenship

current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Are you sure your petty tirade doesn't violate the site rules?

I have a right to be here because the owner of this site says that supporters of Ron do

That's not a right it's permission, which can be abridged or revoked at the pleasure of those who granted it.

and it is your side that attempts to arrogate the authority to say I don't.

First, I don't have a "side." I'm an individual and I represent no one but myself. Not some collective you've chosen to assign me to. Myself, As an individual. Not a "side." Not a group. Not a party. Not a tribe. Get it?

Second, no one has attempted to arrogate any "authority" of any kind wrt this site. The word "authority" implies the power to force one to do something they don't want to do, or not to do something they do. No ordinary member here has such power nor have I seen any seeking to acquire it. Expressing the opinion that they wish you'd leave does not constitute such an attempt. Nor does treating you in the manner you so richly deserve due to your own vile behavior. If you want people to act differently, here's a radical thought. Start showing them the respect you'd like to receive.

I was attacked and vilified first by all of my enemies for daring to disagree with them and I have never stooped to their level,

ALL of them? Bull$#@!. MAYBE a few. MAYBE. THis is just you playing the victim, AGAIN. You do that as well as any leftist I've ever run across.

but I don't expect honesty or fairness out of someone who joined in and supported another member hurling sexual insults at me for daring to disagree with him after I was kind to you about your family's medical problems.

This is a flat out lie. I've never participated in nor supported any such thing. And your attempt to AGAIN use my family's situation as a ploy to score victim points is reprehensible. $#@! off.

You open borders people are the most offensive and hate filled members of this site with few exceptions.

Spare me. Most of us just want to be left the hell alone to live our lives in peace. You're the on threatening violence if we don't fall in line.

And I have lots of friends here (even among those who disagree with me) so your attempt to con me into leaving won't work.

Your persecution complex and outward displays of perpetual victimhood would seem to put the lie to this claim. But it's irrelevant either way. You have the distinction of having truly pissed off more people than any other member in the history of this site. So many, in fact, that it might very well behoove any sincere rational person to recognize that they themselves might be responsible for such an outcome and reassess their approach in an effort to correct that error. Not you. You're always right. It's always the other guy who's at fault.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

That's not a right it's permission, which can be abridged or revoked at the pleasure of those who granted it.

First, I don't have a "side." I'm an individual and I represent no one but myself. Not some collective you've chosen to assign me to. Myself, As an individual. Not a "side." Not a group. Not a party. Not a tribe. Get it?

Second, no one has attempted to arrogate any "authority" of any kind wrt this site. The word "authority" implies the power to force one to do something they don't want to do, or not to do something they do. No ordinary member here has such power nor have I seen any seeking to acquire it. Expressing the opinion that they wish you'd leave does not constitute such an attempt. Nor does treating you in the manner you so richly deserve due to your own vile behavior. If you want people to act differently, here's a radical thought. Start showing them the respect you'd like to receive.

ALL of them? Bull$#@!. MAYBE a few. MAYBE. THis is just you playing the victim, AGAIN. You do that as well as any leftist I've ever run across.

This is a flat out lie. I've never participated in nor supported any such thing. And your attempt to AGAIN use my family's situation as a ploy to score victim points is reprehensible. $#@! off.

Spare me. Most of us just want to be left the hell alone to live our lives in peace. You're the on threatening violence if we don't fall in line.

Your persecution complex and outward displays of perpetual victimhood would seem to put the lie to this claim. But it's irrelevant either way. You have the distinction of having truly pissed off more people than any other member in the history of this site. So many, in fact, that it might very well behoove any sincere rational person to recognize that they themselves might be responsible for such an outcome and reassess their approach in an effort to correct that error. Not you. You're always right. It's always the other guy who's at fault.
    Your lies get more ridiculous the longer I'm here.
    You have reached the point where they no longer deserve a response.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Your lies get more ridiculous the longer I'm here.
    You have reached the point where they no longer deserve a response.

Riiiiigggghhhht. Scurry off with your tail between your legs then.
    Chris

Riiiiigggghhhht. Scurry off with your tail between your legs then.
    Go on and keep giving yourself trophies and building your legend in your own mind.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The talk must stop. We must secure our borders now. A nation without secure borders is no nation at all. It makes no sense to fight terrorists abroad when our own front door is left unlocked. This is my six point plan:

• Physically secure our borders and coastlines. We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country before we undertake complicated immigration reform proposals.
    • Enforce visa rules. Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law. This is especially important when we recall that a number of 9/11 terrorists had expired visas.
    • No amnesty. Estimates suggest that 10 to 20 million people are in our country illegally. That’s a lot of people to reward for breaking our laws.
    • No welfare for illegal aliens. Americans have welcomed immigrants who seek opportunity, work hard, and play by the rules. But taxpayers should not pay for illegal immigrants who use hospitals, clinics, schools, roads, and social services.
    • End birthright citizenship. As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be citizens, the incentive to enter the U.S. illegally will remain strong.
    • Pass true immigration reform. The current system is incoherent and unfair. But current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity. Legal immigrants from all countries should face the same rules and waiting periods.

"I remember I got into trouble with Libertarians because I said there may well be a time when immigration is like an invasion and we have to treat it differently." - Ron Paul on Meet The Press 23 Dec 2007

Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law.

No amnesty.

current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    And look at that! What's it say there, in the lower left corner?
    Protect Lawful Immigrants - Immigrants who want to work hard and obey our laws have always been great assets. Ron Paul will encourage legal immigration by streamlining the entry process without rewarding lawbreakers.
    Does this make Ron Paul a leftist or a communist? Everyone here does actually support Ron Paul on immigration, don't they?
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

It would be dishonest to leave out the rest of it, so I will kindly provide the part that's missing:

And of course, we can't forget the rest of Ron Paul's positions that also apply:
    *No government spying
    *No "papers, please" mentality
    *No biometrics
    *No walling our country in
    *Let anyone come here and work, without the benefits of citizenship
    *End welfare entirely
    *No abuse of prisoners in US custody

It is important to keep these policies in mind, as they differ significantly from trump's policies:
    *Expanded use of biometrics
    *Increased government spying
    *Expanded police state and "papers, please" mentality
    *Attempting to wall our country in
    *No significant attempts to end welfare
    *Abuse of immigrants held in concentration camps

This is what the trumpettes and shylls are attempting to sell everyone, under the guise of immigration policy. Ron Paul =/= trump!
    If one is to genuinely support Ron Paul on immigration, then one opposes trump on immigration.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Again, to support Ron Paul on immigration policy, is to oppose trump on immigration policy:

https://theintercept.com/2019/08/25/...-surveillance/
    The U.S. Border Patrol and an Israeli Military Contractor Are Putting a Native American Reservation Under “Persistent Surveillance”
    Tohono O’odham people used to move freely across these lands, Rivas says, but following years of harassment by Border Patrol agents, many are afraid to venture far from their homes.

“Now we won’t be able to go anywhere near here without the big U.S.-Israeli eyes monitoring us, watching our every move,” she says.
    Firsthand reporting, interviews, and a review of documents for this story provide a window into the high-tech surveillance apparatus CBP is building in the name of deterring illicit migration — and highlight how these same systems often end up targeting other marginalized populations as well as political dissidents.
    A key component of that effort, known as SBINet, was canceled after five years and more than $1 billion in expenditures. In the wake of that failure, CBP turned to Elbit, based in Haifa, Israel, awarding it a $145 million contract in 2014 to develop the integrated fixed towers in southern Arizona. In addition to fixed and mobile surveillance towers, other technology that CBP has acquired and deployed includes blimps outfitted with high-powered ground and air radar, sensors buried underground, and facial recognition software at ports of entry. CBP’s drone fleet has been described as the largest of any U.S. agency outside the Department of Defense.

The surveillance has had an acute impact on borderland communities, including on the Tohono O’odham reservation. Drones fly overhead, and motion sensors track foot traffic. CBP checkpoints monitor people traveling between the reservation and cities such as Tucson and Phoenix. Vehicle barriers, surveillance cameras, and trucks have appeared near burial grounds and on hilltops amid ancient saguaro forests, which are sacred to people on the reservation.

Nellie Jo David, a Tohono O’odham tribal member who is writing her dissertation on border security issues at the University of Arizona, says many younger people who have been forced by economic circumstances to work in nearby cities are returning home less and less, because they want to avoid the constant surveillance and harassment. “It’s especially taken a toll on our younger generations.”
    Leading Democrats have argued for the development of an ever-more sophisticated border surveillance state as an alternative to Trump’s border wall. “The positive, shall we say, almost technological wall that can be built is what we should be doing,” House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said in January.
    In 2017, as companies built prototypes for Trump’s border wall in San Diego, CBP stationed one of its RVSS towers nearby to monitor political opposition, citing the “emerging threat of demonstrations,” records show.
    The logs provided by CBP failed to specify the locations of these flights, but additional documents obtained via public records requests suggest that CBP drone flights included surveillance of Dakota Access pipeline protests.
    For its part, Elbit has also marketed its surveillance equipment for use against protesters on at least one occasion, according to records The Intercept obtained via freedom of information requests. In November 2016, a company representative offered a system of wide-area persistent surveillance sensors to police monitoring Dakota Access pipeline opponents. Elbit’s description of its product, known as GroundEye, touted it as “a paradigm shift in defense and security surveillance,” owing to its “ability to move ‘Back-In-Time,’ to simultaneously track and trace the movements of one or more objects.”
    Residents say agents have administered beatings, used pepper spray, pulled people out of vehicles, shot two Tohono O’odham men under suspicious circumstances, and entered people’s homes without warrants.

“It is apartheid here,” Ofelia Rivas says. “We have to carry our papers everywhere. And everyone here has experienced the Border Patrol’s abuse in some way.”
    Again, anyone who genuinely supports Ron Paul on immigration will denounce trump for his immigration policies that further expand the big government police state.

The immigration debate is being moved in the direction of what Ron Paul advocated for because of Trumps rhetoric. Its a lot easier to have a more rational discussion on how the border can be secured when the narrative is that the border is insecure and that we need more control over border entry. The left was completely controlling the narrative before Trumps campaign and are literally calling for the abolishment of ice. Without Trump the democrats would abolish ice. Ron Paul literally voted for a bill that would require hospitals to call ice and not treat sick people if they werent dying so they could get treated in their own country.

Originally Posted by invisible

It would be dishonest to leave out the rest of it, so I will kindly provide the part that's missing:

And of course, we can't forget the rest of Ron Paul's positions that also apply:
    *No government spying
    *No "papers, please" mentality

*No walling our country in

He may oppose the wall now but that is irrelevant to his position in 2007, he voted for the secure fence act.

*Let anyone come here and work, without the benefits of citizenship

The current system is incoherent and unfair. But current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity.

It is important to keep these policies in mind, as they differ significantly from trump's policies:
    *Expanded police state and "papers, please" mentality

*Attempting to wall our country in

Hype.
    And Ron voted for the Secure Fence act whether he changed his mind later or not.

*No significant attempts to end welfare

WRONG.

*Abuse of immigrants held in concentration camps

LIES.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

No amnesty.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

No amnesty.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

No amnesty.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

No amnesty.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast