Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul's immigration position from 2007

Ron Paul's immigration position from 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Liberty90 View Post
    Ron Paul's position from 2007:

The talk must stop. We must secure our borders now. A nation without secure borders is no nation at all. It makes no sense to fight terrorists abroad when our own front door is left unlocked. This is my six point plan:

• Physically secure our borders and coastlines. We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country before we undertake complicated immigration reform proposals.
    • Enforce visa rules. Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law. This is especially important when we recall that a number of 9/11 terrorists had expired visas.
    • No amnesty. Estimates suggest that 10 to 20 million people are in our country illegally. That’s a lot of people to reward for breaking our laws.
    • No welfare for illegal aliens. Americans have welcomed immigrants who seek opportunity, work hard, and play by the rules. But taxpayers should not pay for illegal immigrants who use hospitals, clinics, schools, roads, and social services.
    • End birthright citizenship. As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be citizens, the incentive to enter the U.S. illegally will remain strong.
    • Pass true immigration reform. The current system is incoherent and unfair. But current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity. Legal immigrants from all countries should face the same rules and waiting periods.

http://archive.is/XoV0h#selection-311.1-349.26
    "I remember I got into trouble with Libertarians because I said there may well be a time when immigration is like an invasion and we have to treat it differently." - Ron Paul on Meet The Press 23 Dec 2007

http://archive.is/HW9aj

MR. RUSSERT: You say you're a strict constructionist of the Constitution, and yet you want to amend the Constitution to say that children born here should not automatically be U.S. citizens.REP. PAUL: Well, amending the Constitution is constitutional. What's a--what's the contradiction there?
    MR. RUSSERT: So in the Constitution as written, you want to amend?
    REP. PAUL: Well, that's constitutional, to do it. Besides, it was the 14th Amendment. It wasn't in the original Constitution. And there's a, there's a confusion on interpretation. In the early years, it was never interpreted that way, and it's still confusing because people--individuals are supposed to have birthright citizenship if they're under the jurisdiction of the government. And somebody who illegally comes in this country as a drug dealer, is he under the jurisdiction and their children deserve citizenship? I think it's awfully, awfully confusing, and, and I, I--matter of fact, I have a bill to change that as well as a Constitutional amendment to clarify it.

@Bryan or @Brian4Liberty, this should be a sticky thread.
    Ron may have changed some positions and he has a right to but it's not fair to allow the leftarians and anarcho-libertarians lie about what his position was constantly and accuse those who believed in his original position of not belonging here or being "evil statists".
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 10-27-2019 at 11:33 PM.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Excellent! Glad to see this have its own thread

And that's the position most of his voters believed in and supported.

We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country

Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law.

No amnesty.

End birthright citizenship

current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity.

Let's see the anarcho-Libertarians and leftarians spin those.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 08-09-2019 at 03:21 AM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Liberty90 View Post
    Excellent! Glad to see this have its own thread
    Anyone who agrees should use the report feature to ask that this be made a sticky thread.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

This Thread will trigger the open borders Libertarians

Great thread! Thanks for posting.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Sep 7, 2011

Apr 20, 2017
    At 3:45 mark

Jan 8, 2019

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Sep 7, 2011

Apr 20, 2017

Jan 8, 2019

But Ron Paul opposes the birthright citizenship,welfare for immigrants & he doesn't like open borders.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    But Ron Paul opposes the birthright citizenship
    Me too.

But Ron Paul opposes welfare for immigrants
    Me too.

& he doesn't like open borders.
    Hmmm.... watch the entire videos, not just selective portions.

Me too.

Me too.

Hmmm.... watch the entire videos, not just selective portions.

Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law.

No amnesty.

current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Bump

The talk must stop. We must secure our borders now. A nation without secure borders is no nation at all. It makes no sense to fight terrorists abroad when our own front door is left unlocked. This is my six point plan:

• Physically secure our borders and coastlines. We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country before we undertake complicated immigration reform proposals.
    • Enforce visa rules. Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law. This is especially important when we recall that a number of 9/11 terrorists had expired visas.
    • No amnesty. Estimates suggest that 10 to 20 million people are in our country illegally. That’s a lot of people to reward for breaking our laws.
    • No welfare for illegal aliens. Americans have welcomed immigrants who seek opportunity, work hard, and play by the rules. But taxpayers should not pay for illegal immigrants who use hospitals, clinics, schools, roads, and social services.
    • End birthright citizenship. As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be citizens, the incentive to enter the U.S. illegally will remain strong.
    • Pass true immigration reform. The current system is incoherent and unfair. But current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity. Legal immigrants from all countries should face the same rules and waiting periods.

No amnesty.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Sep 7, 2011

Apr 20, 2017

Jan 8, 2019

Sep 7, 2011

Apr 20, 2017

Jan 8, 2019

You miss the entire point of this thread.

We can argue about whether Ron was right to change his position elsewhere, this thread is to prove that those of us who still hold Ron's old position are NOT "evil statists who don't belong on Ron Paul Forums".

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You miss the entire point of this thread.

We can argue about whether Ron was right to change his position elsewhere, this thread is to prove that those of us who still hold Ron's old position are NOT "evil statists who don't belong on Ron Paul Forums".
    When one advocates DHS, ICE, Walls (ALL of which GROWS the FED), Papers Please documentation, send them back otherwise shoot to kill, we can beef it out right here in this thread.

You argue for a political statement from 2007 when he was running against a crap load of neocons, yet REJECT his consistent 8-year position from 2011 to current. Perhaps Ron understands that growing the FED is NOT in our best interest, and also understands the ramifications of a Wall and Police State lobbyists.

Ron advocates peaceful solutions, Ending Welfare/Incentives, allowing one to work to earn a living without government permission slips. I am pretty confident that Ron would agree with the Judge in this matter, and vice versa.

The natural rights of all persons consist of areas of human behavior for which we do not need and will not accept the need for a government permission slip.

We all expect that the government will leave us alone when we think, speak, publish, worship, defend ourselves, enter our homes, choose our mates or travel. The list of natural rights is endless.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...on-and-Freedom

When one advocates DHS, ICE, Walls (ALL of which GROWS the FED), Papers Please documentation, send them back otherwise shoot to kill, we can beef it out right here in this thread.

You argue for a political statement from 2007 when he was running against a crap load of neocons, yet REJECT his consistent 8-year position from 2011 to current. Perhaps Ron understands that growing the FED is NOT in our best interest, and also understands the ramifications of a Wall and Police State lobbyists.

Ron advocates peaceful solutions, Ending Welfare/Incentives, allowing one to work to earn a living without government permission slips. I am pretty confident that Ron would agree with the Judge in this matter, and vice versa.
    I'm not going to oblige you in this thread.

Those of us who still hold Ron's old position are NOT "evil statists who don't belong on Ron Paul Forums".

No amnesty.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Wow. All bold. Impressive.

I will stand on principle, and the RonPaulLibertyReport ;-)

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anyone who genuinely supports Ron Paul and his immigration policy would denounce trump for his spying on people, biometrics, "papers, please" mentality, abusing people in concentration caps, and wall. Otherwise, it's just more shylling for the big government police state.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    Anyone who genuinely supports Ron Paul and his immigration policy would denounce trump for his spying on people, biometrics, "papers, please" mentality, abusing people in concentration caps, and wall. Otherwise, it's just more shylling for the big government police state.
    But....but..... the simple solution of stopping entitlements is soooo hard!
    There is no spoon.

I oppose biometrics adn the police state but it's not a concentration camp if you can go home any time you want and the wall may not be the best solution but it is what we can get right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    We must do both but that isn't enough and you will never do it while the borders are wide open.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We can argue about whether Ron was right to change his position elsewhere
    I don't think Ron Paul ever really changed his position on anything, maybe I'm wrong.

I think he was always for securing the border, he just doesn't like the idea of doing it with a physical wall. He wanted to secure it using the troops from our overseas wars, temporarily, until we can make immigration reforms including no more welfare for illegals. If we ended welfare and the war on drugs, there wouldn't be a whole lot of need to secure the border.

The problem is that it is unlikely we are going to get rid of the welfare state or end the drug war any time soon and we still have troops overseas. I guess we could bring the troops home and let them secure the border, but it seems like a wall makes more sense.. even though in principle the idea from a libertarian standpoint is kinda $#@!ty, but we don't have a libertarian society.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

You think it will be easy to tell everybody that children of illegal aliens can't go to public school here anymore?

I'm not sure what reality you are in. That is going to be extremely difficult to pull off.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    You think it will be easy to tell everybody that children of illegal aliens can't go to public school here anymore?

I'm not sure what reality you are in. That is going to be extremely difficult to pull off.
    The Fed Gov has no business in education & that should up to local municipalities.
    There is no spoon.

The Fed Gov has no business in education & that should up to local municipalities.
    You just said you wanted to get rid of entitlements for illegals, that includes states getting rid of entitlements for illegals as well. Otherwise the Fed Govt. is going to have to protect the borders.

I oppose biometrics adn the police state but it's not a concentration camp if you can go home any time you want and the wall may not be the best solution but it is what we can get right now.
    What a ball of contradictory weasel words, lol. The first claim is inherently at odds with the weak attempt at refutation. That a refutation of any sort was even attempted is nothing short of yet more direct opposition to Ron Paul. If you supposedly oppose biometrics and trump's expansion of the big government police state, then you would denounce your Authoritarian Idol for it, tell everyone how wrong he is for it, and actually oppose him for it. Instead, you go on repeatedly telling everyone how wonderful trump's immigration policy is. Otherwise, your weak claim of opposition to biometrics and the police state is completely meaningless. Put up, or shut up.

Next we have the ludicrous claim that a concentration camp is not a concentration camp, and that the people being held and abused in them can just leave anytime. What do you call them, then? Jails? "Detention centers"? No matter what euphemism you want to attempt to whitewash what they really are, any description of the conditions in these places, and the abuse of those being held, shows them to be far worse than any jail, there is absolutely no question that they are nothing less than concentration camps. Your claim that those being held there can just leave anytime is laughable, these places would be empty if that were true, and those locked doors, gates, and barbed wire fences must just be there for decoration. By definition, a concentration camp, jail, or "detention center" is designed to keep people from leaving it. Instead of simply deporting illegal immigrants quickly; building, maintaining, and staffing these places, abusing and feeding those held there, is all being paid for by our tax dollars. You claim to oppose the police state, yet rather than voice one word of opposition to trump doing this, you attempt to claim that a concentration camp is not a concentration camp and that those being held there can leave anytime they want.

You voice no opposition whatsoever to the "papers, please" mentality or spying on people under the guise of trump's immigration policy. You voice no actual opposition to walling our country in, instead you actually condone it, in direct opposition to Ron Paul. Your attempted propaganda argument that trump's immigration policy = Ron Paul's immigration policy falls completely flat.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What a ball of contradictory weasel words, lol. The first claim is inherently at odds with the weak attempt at refutation. That a refutation of any sort was even attempted is nothing short of yet more direct opposition to Ron Paul. If you supposedly oppose biometrics and trump's expansion of the big government police state, then you would denounce your Authoritarian Idol for it, tell everyone how wrong he is for it, and actually oppose him for it. Instead, you go on repeatedly telling everyone how wonderful trump's immigration policy is. Otherwise, your weak claim of opposition to biometrics and the police state is completely meaningless. Put up, or shut up.

Next we have the ludicrous claim that a concentration camp is not a concentration camp, and that the people being held and abused in them can just leave anytime. What do you call them, then? Jails? "Detention centers"? No matter what euphemism you want to attempt to whitewash what they really are, any description of the conditions in these places, and the abuse of those being held, shows them to be far worse than any jail, there is absolutely no question that they are nothing less than concentration camps. Your claim that those being held there can just leave anytime is laughable, these places would be empty if that were true, and those locked doors, gates, and barbed wire fences must just be there for decoration. By definition, a concentration camp, jail, or "detention center" is designed to keep people from leaving it. Instead of simply deporting illegal immigrants quickly; building, maintaining, and staffing these places, abusing and feeding those held there, is all being paid for by our tax dollars. You claim to oppose the police state, yet rather than voice one word of opposition to trump doing this, you attempt to claim that a concentration camp is not a concentration camp and that those being held there can leave anytime they want.

You voice no opposition whatsoever to the "papers, please" mentality or spying on people under the guise of trump's immigration policy. You voice no actual opposition to walling our country in, instead you actually condone it, in direct opposition to Ron Paul. Your attempted propaganda argument that trump's immigration policy = Ron Paul's immigration policy falls completely flat.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    If you are somehow attempting to claim that it is conservative to waste our tax dollars on abusing people in concentration camps, then that would be nothing less than direct opposition to Ron Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    You just said you wanted to get rid of entitlements for illegals, that includes states getting rid of entitlements for illegals as well. Otherwise the Fed Govt. is going to have to protect the borders.
    States may do as they wish- the Fed Gov has NO business in any welfare programs.

All charity should be local.
    There is no spoon.

Ya think?
    There is no spoon.

If you are somehow attempting to claim that it is conservative to waste our tax dollars on abusing people in concentration camps, then that would be nothing less than direct opposition to Ron Paul.
    One of my friends got killed by an illegal alien, They ran him over in a van while he was riding his motorcyle and the fake news covered it up. He left a wife and a little baby to fend for themself becaause he was the breadwinner. If just one person's life here is saved than its worth it to me.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast