Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul's immigration position from 2007

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    One of my friends got killed by an illegal alien, They ran him over in a van while he was riding his motorcyle and the fake news covered it up. He left a wife and a little baby to fend for themself becaause he was the breadwinner. If just one person's life here is saved than its worth it to me.
    If that illegal alien had stayed in whatever other country and killed someone in a car accident there instead of here, how would that be saving a life?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    If that illegal alien had stayed in whatever other country and killed someone in a car accident there instead of here, how would that be saving a life?
    My friend would be alive and his wife wouldn't have a dead husband and his baby wouldn't have a dead dad.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    One of my friends got killed by an illegal alien, They ran him over in a van while he was riding his motorcyle and the fake news covered it up. He left a wife and a little baby to fend for themself becaause he was the breadwinner. If just one person's life here is saved than its worth it to me.
    One of my friends was killed by a white guy- should we deport all whites?
    There is no spoon.

Ok, Jesus. GTFO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Another Jesus.

Was that white guy illegal and not supposed to be here. Go ahead and deport all the illegal whites.

Was that white guy illegal and not supposed to be here. Go ahead and deport all the illegal whites.
    That's irrelevant. You're missing his point.

If we can save a life by passing a law to deport all whites, thus making them illegal and not supposed to be here, then you must support passing that law.

Where is your empathy? Jesus says - you should suffer in silence. If you want, you can turn the cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Where is your empathy? Jesus says - you should suffer in silence. If you want, you can turn the cheek.
    How would you like to be the mother when the kid asks you where is dad is and why everyone else has a dad but he doesn't and you have to tell him that someone who wasnt even supposed to be here killed him?

If we can save a life by passing a law to deport all whites, thus making them illegal and not supposed to be here, then you must support passing that law.
    Are you being paid to post this nonsense?

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

You're missing the point, you are saying that people who are from this country should be deported, I am saying that people who aren't supposed to here should be deported.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    You're starting to sound like that crowd that booed Ron Paul when he quoted Jesus.

You're missing the point, you are saying that people who are from this country should be deported, I am saying that people who arent' supposed to here should be deported.
    Those are both saying the same thing. According to you, people who are from this country aren't supposed to be here and should be deported, because at some point in the future, some of them will kill people. The fact that deporting them would save those lives is reason enough to pass laws making it so that they're not supposed to be here.

Exactly- or deporting all cops who kill innocents, or someone carrying an "illegal" gun.
    There is no spoon.

How would you like to be the mother when the kid asks you where is dad is and why everyone else has a dad but he doesn't and you have to tell him that someone who wasnt even supposed to be here killed him?
    It is actually a good idea to start these discussions early. On the positive side, the likelihood of meeting the same fate as the father will go down as soon as the transition to minority status is accomplished.

Exactly- or deporting all cops who kill innocents, or someone carrying an "illegal" gun.
    Why are you saying that when you can't deport citizens who are supposed to be here. Thats like saying we should deport the sun because it gives people cancer.

One of my friends got killed by an illegal alien, They ran him over in a van while he was riding his motorcyle and the fake news covered it up. He left a wife and a little baby to fend for themself becaause he was the breadwinner.
    Hopefully he was charged and convicted of manslaughter, and will be deported after serving his sentence. I also had a friend who got into a car accident with an illegal alien, luckily there wasn't a lot of damage and no one got hurt.

If just one person's life here is saved than its worth it to me.
    This is exactly the argument that was used to oppose Ron Paul, when he spoke out extensively on abusing prisoners in US custody.

Where is your empathy?
    If you claim that abusing people in US custody is a good thing, then where is yours?
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    Hopefully he was charged and convicted of manslaughter, and will be deported after serving his sentence. I also had a friend who got into a car accident with an illegal alien, luckily there wasn't a lot of damage and no one got hurt.

This is exactly the argument that was used to oppose Ron Paul, when he spoke out extensively on abusing prisoners in US custody.

If you claim that abusing people in US custody is a good thing, then where is yours?
    Why are you saying I am opposing Ron Paul in a thread about Ron Paul saying that immigration might be an invasion when I am saying that my friend died from an illegal alien who wasn't even supposed to be driving who ran him over in his motorcycle and now his wife and kid don't have a dad or a husband anymore?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh yeah they fixed the problem alright, now people who aren't supposed to be here can get drivers licenses and insurance rates have skyrocketed and the DMV quit taking walk ins and you have to wait 3 weeks to make an appointment to do anything there and months to take driving tests.

If an illegal immigrant saves a life, should we import more of them and save more lives?

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/44206940/n.../#.XVR8DehKiUk

The man who chased down an alleged child abductor and saved a 6-year-old girl from what could have been a horrible fate will be honored as a hero Friday. But he is also gaining a new kind of celebrity: as a poster child of sorts for immigration rights in state and national immigration debates.

Antonio Diaz Chacon, 23, is a Mexican citizen married to an American and has been in the country for four years. But Chacon says he abandoned attempts to get legal residency because the process was difficult and expensive.

Diaz Chacon, who works in Albuquerque as a mechanic, revealed his immigration status to the Spanish-language Univision TV network this week, prompting chatter on the Internet and social networking sites that his case underscored immigrant rights positions in two ongoing political debates.

"I came to work, to work hard," he told Univision. "The only problem is I entered the country illegally and now we can't afford a lawyer to file the immigration papers."

https://nowthisnews.com/videos/polit...stop-a-robbery

Undocumented Immigrant Alan Gonzalez Risked His Own Life to Stop An Armed Robbery

Alan Gonzalez’s brave act made him a hero to law enforcement.

“Alan Gonzalez is a young man who intervened in an armed robbery gone bad where he was shot multiple times,” explained Eagle County detective Lieutenant Dan Loya. “We refer to him as Superman because even after he was shot, he continued to fight.”

Gonzalez said he was talking on the phone in a store when the robbery, involving two armed assailants, began. One of them pointed a pistol at him and demanded he give them money. He then began to fight the assailant to try and get the gun out of his hands.

“In that instant, I felt despair, courage, the power to think that it could have been my sister or my mother or any other person, my wife,” he stated. “He shoots me here in the hand. They shot my chest and my torso.”

Alan was an undocumented immigrant at the time of the robbery, so attempting to stop the act was putting his livelihood in danger in more ways than one. But, because of his cooperation and information, the assailants were apprehended and sentenced appropriately.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-14-2019 at 03:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

If this illegal immigrant wasn't there and did what he did, this cop would be dead and his family without a father. How do you explain that to his family?

Undocumented Immigrant Saved Houston Cop’s Life Before He Was Killed

It was before dawn on Christmas Eve when a drunk driver struck the police cruiser on Houston’s far southeast side, flipping the SUV and trapping two officers inside. Leaking gas, it caught fire, the officers desperately trying—and failing—to escape.

Then came Juan Carlos Salgado Villalobos. Hearing the crash from his nearby apartment, he and another man, Oscar Flores, ran toward the burning wreckage and saw the cops inside. Officers Alonzo Reid and John Daily were fighting and screaming for their lives. Salgado punched through a window with his right fist, breaking his hand, and freeing Reid. Daily was freed minutes later, but remains unconscious at a local hospital with burns on more than half of his body, according to police. It will be a struggle to survive, let alone return to the streets that the 25-year-old cop was patrolling the night his life changed forever.

After the officers escaped, Salgado left the scene, leaving Flores to take credit for the pair’s heroic efforts.

Sixteen days later, just before 7 p.m, Salgado was walking across the exact same section of busy five-lane road of unlit asphalt when two cars struck and killed him. Houston police who responded didn’t know then that Salgado had also helped save their fellow officers’ lives just two weeks before.

“Our hearts are broken because we didn’t have the opportunity to thank him while he was alive,” Assistant Chief Troy Finner said at Salgado’s funeral in front of a closed casket on Saturday.
    “From the hearts of our family and friends, I give my most sincere and profound support and profound gratitude for you being here in this sad time,” Gilberto Marin, a cousin through marriage of Salgado, told the police chiefs. “We appreciate all of your generosity, not only toward our family but also to our Latin community.”

It was clearly a moment of pride for Marin, a U.S, citizen, and the others in attendance. Here were three of the city’s highest-ranking cops, paying homage to Salgado, an undocumented immigrant, according to Marin’s son, John Alexander Marin.
    A local reporter tracked down Salgado, and found him back at work cutting grass the day after saving Reid and Daily’s lives, his right hand swollen to the size of a baseball thanks to the window he punched out to free the cops.
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    If this illegal immigrant wasn't there and did what he did, this cop would be dead and his family without a father. How do you explain that to his family?
    Maybe he could be a legal immigrant if he wasn't an illegal immigrant. We want the good ones.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/...QHM/story.html

Immigrant heroes save American lives

LIZZIE BORDEN, who was unsuccessfully prosecuted in 1892 for the axe murders of her father and stepmother, had red hair. So did Lynette Fromme, who spent 34 years in prison for attempting to assassinate President Gerald Ford. Vladimir Lenin, the Bolshevik revolutionary who became one of history’s bloodiest mass murderers, was also a redhead. Ditto the Wild West gangster and bank robber Jesse James.

As those examples demonstrate, people with red hair are prone to violence and should be suppressed. Right?

Of course not.

Only a blockhead would pronounce redheads a singular threat on the strength of a few cherry-picked instances of villains with red hair. Pretty much any population subgroup will contain some number of vicious thugs. You can find “bad hombres” (to coin a phrase) among tall people or French speakers or tea drinkers or Methodists. So what? A handful of offenders within a group doesn’t mean the group as a whole is more likely to offend.

The same is true of immigrants who are in the country illegally.

That should be self-evident. Yet among immigration restrictionists and seal-the-border hard-liners, it has become an article of faith that anyone who enters the country without a lawful visa is a “criminal alien” and a danger to public safety.

As a matter of straight fact, that belief is false. Decades of research confirm that immigrants to the United States are significantly less likely than native-born citizens to commit serious crimes or be in prison. It makes no difference whether immigrants enter the country with or without legal documents: Scores of peer-reviewed studies establish a negative correlation between immigration and crime. Just last week, Governing magazine reported that, in the 20 US metro areas with the greatest presence of immigrants here illegally, average rates of violent crime and property crime are 8 percent to 10 percent lower than the national average. During the 1990s and 2000s, as the number of unauthorized immigrants in the United States tripled to nearly 12 million, crime rates nationwide plunged more than 40 percent.

Obviously there have been some brutal exceptions to the rule, and Trump has repeatedly made a point of highlighting Americans whose loved ones were killed by unauthorized immigrants. Four such Americans were in the visitors gallery during Trump’s Feb. 28 speech to Congress. He used their devastating stories to lend emotional support to his harsh immigration stance, and announced the creation of a new federal program — Victims of Immigration Crime Engagement, or VOICE — specifically to publicize crimes committed by migrants from other countries.

Singling out assaults committed by the foreign-born might be defensible if immigrants were predisposed to crime. But immigrants are unusually law-abiding. Harping on a few atypical examples amounts to raw demagoguery — the scapegoating of a stigmatized group to incite fear and hatred. Instead of beating the bushes for bad immigrants to demonize, federal officials should be drawing attention to immigrants who demonstrate extraordinary heroism.

Immigrants like William Ramirez, for example, a father of two from Colombia, who was on his way to his maintenance job at a boatyard when he witnessed a man trying to gun down a Miami police officer. Ramirez drove his van into the line of fire, shielding the policeman from the shooter and pulling him to safety.

Immigrants like Antonio Diaz Chacon, an unauthorized Mexican immigrant in Albuquerque, who saw a young girl being abducted off the street, and unhesitatingly pursued the kidnapper to rescue the child.

Immigrants like Jesus Manuel Cordova, who saved the life of a 9-year-old boy stranded in the Arizona desert. The boy’s mother had died in a car crash, leaving him helpless — until he was discovered by Cordova, who had just entered the country illegally. Cordova stayed with the boy, keeping watch for hours until someone eventually found them and contacted the authorities.

Far from degrading America through crime and violence, immigrants enhance our nation’s safety and security. There are a few shockingly bad apples, yes. Vastly more common are the heroes and hard workers who love this country and prove it daily. Diligent, peaceable, grateful, they enrich their communities in ways large and small, and, in so doing, continuously make America great again.

Maybe he could be a legal immigrant if he wasn't an illegal immigrant. We want the good ones.
    Most of them actually are good. Some hype the bad apples to make them all look bad to score political points and scare voters. There are bad white Christian Republicans too. Does that make them all bad?

Most of them actually are good. Some hype the bad apples to make them all look bad.
    They are all bad apples if they won't come here legally. We want immigrants to come here, we don't want everyone to come here who wants to come here, that would be too many people.

Most of them actually are good. Some hype the bad apples to make them all look bad.
    If they are so good, they should go back home and fix their countries. If they still want to come here, next time, they should use the front door and not sneak in like a thief.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron Paul's position from 2007:

The talk must stop. We must secure our borders now. A nation without secure borders is no nation at all. It makes no sense to fight terrorists abroad when our own front door is left unlocked. This is my six point plan:

• Physically secure our borders and coastlines. We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country before we undertake complicated immigration reform proposals.
    • Enforce visa rules. Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law. This is especially important when we recall that a number of 9/11 terrorists had expired visas.
    • No amnesty. Estimates suggest that 10 to 20 million people are in our country illegally. That’s a lot of people to reward for breaking our laws.
    • No welfare for illegal aliens. Americans have welcomed immigrants who seek opportunity, work hard, and play by the rules. But taxpayers should not pay for illegal immigrants who use hospitals, clinics, schools, roads, and social services.
    • End birthright citizenship. As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be citizens, the incentive to enter the U.S. illegally will remain strong.
    • Pass true immigration reform. The current system is incoherent and unfair. But current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity. Legal immigrants from all countries should face the same rules and waiting periods.

http://archive.is/XoV0h#selection-311.1-349.26

We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country

Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law.

No amnesty.

End birthright citizenship

current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

The primary reason to limit immigration is to keep from being overrun by anti-liberty cultures.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The talk must stop. We must secure our borders now. A nation without secure borders is no nation at all. It makes no sense to fight terrorists abroad when our own front door is left unlocked. This is my six point plan:

Physically secure our borders and coastlines. We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country before we undertake complicated immigration reform proposals.
    Enforce visa rules. Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law. This is especially important when we recall that a number of 9/11 terrorists had expired visas.
    No amnesty. Estimates suggest that 10 to 20 million people are in our country illegally. That’s a lot of people to reward for breaking our laws.
    No welfare for illegal aliens. Americans have welcomed immigrants who seek opportunity, work hard, and play by the rules. But taxpayers should not pay for illegal immigrants who use hospitals, clinics, schools, roads, and social services.
    End birthright citizenship. As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be citizens, the incentive to enter the U.S. illegally will remain strong.
    Pass true immigration reform. The current system is incoherent and unfair. But current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity. Legal immigrants from all countries should face the same rules and waiting periods.
    And of course, we can't forget the rest of Ron Paul's positions that also apply:
    *No government spying
    *No "papers, please" mentality
    *No biometrics
    *No walling our country in
    *Let anyone come here and work, without the benefits of citizenship
    *End welfare entirely
    *No abuse of prisoners in US custody

It is important to keep these policies in mind, as they differ significantly from trump's policies:
    *Expanded use of biometrics
    *Increased government spying
    *Expanded police state and "papers, please" mentality
    *Attempting to wall our country in
    *No significant attempts to end welfare
    *Abuse of immigrants held in concentration camps

This is what the trumpettes and shylls are attempting to sell everyone, under the guise of immigration policy. Ron Paul =/= trump!

The primary reason to limit immigration is to keep from being overrun by anti-liberty cultures.
    Then there are these sort of claims, based entirely on collectivism. This is absurd, on it's face. A culture cannot be anti-liberty. Political befiefs differ between individuals. If the quoted statement was true, then everyone in here in our own culture would have the exact same political beliefs.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

And of course, we can't forget the rest of Ron Paul's positions that also apply:

*No "papers, please" mentality
    Enforce visa rules. Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law.

*No walling our country in

*Let anyone come here and work, without the benefits of citizenship
    But current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity. Legal immigrants from all countries should face the same rules and waiting periods.
    Enforce visa rules. Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law.

It is important to keep these policies in mind, as they differ significantly from trump's policies:
    *Expanded police state and "papers, please" mentality
    Only by your warped definition.

*Attempting to wall our country in
    It's the best available option.

*No significant attempts to end welfare
    WRONG, Trump is doing quite a bit to reduce welfare and especially to end it for the invaders.

*Abuse of immigrants held in concentration camps
    Leftist idiocy, it's not a concentration camp if you can go home and there is no policy of abuse.

Then there are these sort of claims, based entirely on collectivism. This is absurd, on it's face. A culture cannot be anti-liberty. Political befiefs differ between individuals. If the quoted statement was true, then everyone in here in our own culture would have the exact same political beliefs.
    People are a product of their culture, they may vary but they are always affected by it and immigration is a group question because we can't read their minds.

• Physically secure our borders and coastlines. We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country before we undertake complicated immigration reform proposals.
    • Enforce visa rules. Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law. This is especially important when we recall that a number of 9/11 terrorists had expired visas.
    • No amnesty. Estimates suggest that 10 to 20 million people are in our country illegally. That’s a lot of people to reward for breaking our laws.
    • No welfare for illegal aliens. Americans have welcomed immigrants who seek opportunity, work hard, and play by the rules. But taxpayers should not pay for illegal immigrants who use hospitals, clinics, schools, roads, and social services.
    • End birthright citizenship. As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be citizens, the incentive to enter the U.S. illegally will remain strong.
    • Pass true immigration reform. The current system is incoherent and unfair. But current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity. Legal immigrants from all countries should face the same rules and waiting periods.

http://archive.is/XoV0h#selection-311.1-349.26

Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law.

No amnesty.

End birthright citizenship

current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast