Thread: Woman Hospitalized After Posing with Venomous Octopus on Her Face

Exclamation Woman Hospitalized After Posing with Venomous Octopus on Her Face

She stayed wild...dumbass.

Woman Hospitalized After Posing with Venomous Octopus on Her Face

https://www.breitbart.com/local/2019...s-on-her-face/

AMY FURR 8 Aug 2019

A bite from a venomous octopus put a Washington woman in the hospital after she posed for a picture with the creature on her face Friday.

Jamie Bisceglia, 45, said she was trying to win a photo competition at the Tacoma Narrows fishing derby when she was bitten by the sea creature.

“It was a photo contest in the derby. So, crazy me, hindsight now and looking back, I probably made a big mistake,” she said.

The photo shows Bisceglia smiling with the octopus attached to her face. However, it bit her twice and injected poisonous venom through its tentacles into her flesh.

“It was a really intense pain when it went inside and it just bled, dripping blood for a long time,” she recalled. Bisceglia said she tried to manage the pain and swelling on her own for two days but decided to seek medical treatment when it became too much.

She told reporters that she thought the creature was a smaller version of the giant Pacific octopus. However, a spokeswoman at the Point Defiance Aquarium told reporters that it may have been a Pacific red octopus, which injects prey with poison before cracking open the shell with its sharp beak.

Bisceglia said she asked a group of men who caught the octopus to take a picture of her with the creature for the competition.

“It’s soft, it’s squishy, it doesn’t feel like it can hurt you — I put it on my face,” she commented. “The tentacles were squirming in my ear, my nose, it was just playing with me on my face.”

Moments later, Bisceglia realized the octopus was biting her. “And then all of a sudden its beak entered my chin and my eyes popped open wide and they could all see that I was getting attacked, and the photos are taken at the moment it was attacking me.”

The Pacific red octopus are “inclined to bite” and people should avoid touching them if they are seen in tidepools, according to the Monterey Bay Aquarium website. Additionally, a bite from this particular octopus can take up to three weeks to heal.

Bisceglia said that “when it bites you it feels like it’s barbed and if I pulled it out it was going to take out my flesh.”

The Fox Island native is now taking three different kinds of antibiotics to combat the pain and swelling.

However, Bisceglia said before she went to the hospital, she “got a little revenge” by cooking and eating the creature at a friend’s house over the weekend.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    She cooked and ate the octopus?

Sounds like dumbass idea number two.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

She looks like she's really enjoying it. I would guess she likes having slimy stuff on her face.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Did she win the photo competition?

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Hey look! An octopus! I think I'll put it on my face!
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    She cooked and ate the octopus?

Sounds like dumbass idea number two.
    Grilled octopus is fantastic actually (putting a live one on your face, not so much)

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

However, Bisceglia said before she went to the hospital, she “got a little revenge” by cooking and eating the creature at a friend’s house over the weekend.
    Then she found out you can die from eating Pacific red octopus.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Grilled octopus is fantastic actually (putting a live one on your face, not so much)
    I agree. I assume the octopus I occasionally eat is a different variety but I have never looked into it.

Her putting this one on her face leads me to believe she was ignorant on how to properly clean and cook a octopus.... Much less a venomous one.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I agree. I assume the octopus I occasionally eat is a different variety but I have never looked into it.

Her putting this one on her face leads me to believe she was ignorant on how to properly clean and cook a octopus.... Much less a venomous one.
    YOLO
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

What an idiot.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    Then she found out you can die from eating Pacific red octopus.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Try something new Homer. What could it hurt, Homer?

Pfffft...I never heard of a poison pork chop.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11