Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 73

Thread: Mentally ill diabetic speaks no Arabic and has never lived in Iraq deported there and dies

  1. #1

    Mentally ill diabetic speaks no Arabic and has never lived in Iraq deported there and dies

    A 41-year-old Detroit man deported to Iraq in June died Tuesday, according to the American Civil Liberties Union and two people close to the man’s family.

    The man, Jimmy Aldaoud, spent most of his life in the U.S., but was swept up in President Donald Trump’s intensified immigration enforcement efforts.


    Edward Bajoka, an immigration attorney who described himself as close to Aldaoud’s family, wrote on Facebook that the death appeared to be linked to the man’s inability to obtain insulin in Baghdad to treat his diabetes. Aldaoud was an Iraqi national, but he was born in Greece and came to the U.S. as a young child, his family friend said. He had never lived in Iraq and did not speak Arabic, according to Bajoka.

    ....
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ration-1643512
    Last edited by Superfluous Man; 08-08-2019 at 08:05 AM.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    I wonder how he was acquiring the insulin here in the states.

  4. #3
    That's what you get for being born in the wrong place. True Americans earn deportation protection by being born here.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    That's what you get for being born in the wrong place. True Americans earn deportation protection by being born here.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to EBounding again."

    Being born here, in addition to meeting other criteria.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    That's what you get for being born in the wrong place. True Americans earn deportation protection by being born here.
    Unless you're one of the million legal "born here" Mexican Americans who were rounded up & deported by Hoover, because of "muh jobs" in the Depression.
    There is no spoon.

  7. #6
    How was he getting insulin here if he didn't know any english? I'm guessing someone had to do the talking for him.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

    Calvin Coolidge

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    How was he getting insulin here if he didn't know any english? I'm guessing someone had to do the talking for him.
    I don't see where the article says anything about not knowing English. But even if that was the case, so what?

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    I don't see where the article says anything about not knowing English. But even if that was the case, so what?
    It's in the Title- probably meant "Arabic".
    There is no spoon.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Oh shoot. You're right. I did mean Arabic. My bad.

  12. #10
    Just follow the law. He had final deportation order for years, he could have voluntarily gone to any other country he wished such as his native Greece, they have free health care there for his insulin. Instead he chose to hide and try to escape law enforcement.

    He was an Iraqi national. You don't magically get Iraqi nationality, which means he's a $#@!ing liar about never been to Iraq.
    Last edited by spudea; 08-08-2019 at 08:09 AM.

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Just follow the law.
    Really? No matter what the law is? Let me ask you, do you follow this rule yourself? Or do you, like all the rest of us, break the law on a daily basis and think nothing of it?

    Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    he could have voluntarily gone to any other country he wished such as his native Greece
    Source?

    Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    You don't magically get Iraqi nationality, which means he's a $#@!ing liar about never been to Iraq.
    I'm sure it wasn't magical. But what are the ways that one can get Iraqi nationality, and how do you know it can't be gotten without living there?

    Note that the article doesn't actually say he'd never been there, but that he'd never lived there and couldn't speak the language.

  14. #12
    This is what one can expect with arbitrary laws that are selectively enforced, and then countered by heavy incentives.




    ^ not a substitute for a border wall, but an analogy demonstrating unreasonable expectations. Although, that might be a funny/cost effective stunt. ...putting an obstacle course on the border, and selling tickets for people to watch. The media could turn this immigration crisis into something entertaining.

    Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"



  15. #13
    I guess its too bad that Iraq doesn't have a suitable welfare and socialized healthcare system. then he would have been a-ok.

  16. #14

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I wonder how he was acquiring the insulin here in the states.
    Racist!

  18. #16
    I don't care what some immigration liar/lawyer says.
    And I don't care about how some non-American died.
    I don't care.

    And even the lawyers words are weasel words. "appeared to be"

    The whole story is nothing but baseless rumors.

    And even if true... I DONT CARE.

    "man who cuts in line dies when sent to the back of the line"

    GOOD

    Bye bye.

    (P.S. people who cut in line go to hell).



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Really? No matter what the law is? Let me ask you, do you follow this rule yourself? Or do you, like all the rest of us, break the law on a daily basis and think nothing of it?
    While I'm sure you are right, I don't expect to be immune from the consequences, especially after being informed and exhausting all judicial appeals and remedies.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

  21. #18
    The best and the brightest, just here to do what stupid Americans are too lazy to do.

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    That's what you get for being born in the wrong place. True Americans earn deportation protection by being born here.
    So now America is the world's hospice care for the diabetic and retarded?

    Now we have to take in the "mentally ill" and fat, I mean "diabetic", because compassion?

    Go to hell. No.

    Out of compassion, out of money, out of homes, out of land, out of doctors, out of medications.

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    So now America is the world's hospice care for the diabetic and retarded?

    Now we have to take in the "mentally ill" and fat, I mean "diabetic", because compassion?

    Go to hell. No.

    Out of compassion, out of money, out of homes, out of land, out of doctors, out of medications.
    You don't have to. But you certainly have no right to stop those of us who want to from doing so.

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Source?
    .
    Your source is an immigration lawyer who DESCRIBED HIMSELF

    as a

    LAWYER

    "close to" the family, who said the death "APPEARED TO BE"

    Piss off.

  25. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    You don't have to. But you certainly have no right to stop those of us who want to from doing so.
    I have every right as an American citizen, to say non-citizens are no longer welcome.

  26. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    I have every right as an American citizen, to say non-citizens are no longer welcome.
    Only with respect to property that you own, not anyone else's.

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Only with respect to property that you own, not anyone else's.
    In your fantasy utopia.

    Welcome to reality, where nations, borders, laws and citizenship are real.



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Really? No matter what the law is? Let me ask you, do you follow this rule yourself? Or do you, like all the rest of us, break the law on a daily basis and think nothing of it?
    Well, your poor, poor victim sure didn't care. From the article you linked...

    ....According to the ACLU and a POLITICO search of court records, Aldaoud had a criminal conviction for disorderly conduct and served 17 months for a home invasion.

    Bajoka, the family friend, said Aldaoud suffered from schizophrenia and other mental health issues.
    “His mental health was the primary reason for his legal issues that led to his deportation,” Bajoka wrote on Facebook.
    I was saying "$#@! this guy" in my head before I even got to that part of the article. Which also stressed most of the people deported, have committed crimes.

    Advocates for the (illegal)immigrants took the fight to federal court, but were hit with a major setback in December when the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit ruled the Trump administration could proceed with removals. The decision reversed a lower court’s ruling that had blocked the enforcement actions.

    In its decision, the 6th Circuit stressed that many of the people subject to deportation had committed crimes.
    While his sisters claim that his mental health issues leading to his legal issues may be true, and that's unfortunate, you seem to be pretending that these people are just being snatched off the streets with zero basis whatsoever. plus, he wasn't legally here to being with, and had a lifetime to fix it and do it the right way like millions have done, and instead decided to be a fugitive AND commit crimes. Seems to me they actually are considering productive members, and getting rid of the criminals first.
    Last edited by CoastieInColorado; 08-08-2019 at 09:53 AM.

  30. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by CoastieInColorado View Post
    According to the ACLU and a POLITICO search of court records, Aldaoud had a criminal conviction for disorderly conduct and served 17 months for a home invasion.

    Aww, and he was mentally ill, too. He couldn't help he liked to break into people's homes and nations and steal things.

    We should take time for his wounded hand, because he liked to steal, he liked to steal.

    Where is the compassion in America? Does nobody care about the kleptomaniacs anymore?

    Hey, if people want to allow in a bunch of thieves onto their private property, we can't tell them to stop.

    Quote Originally Posted by CoastieInColorado View Post
    Aldaoud had a criminal conviction for disorderly conduct and served 17 months for a home invasion.
    Doing the jobs Americans are unwilling to do.

    Quote Originally Posted by CoastieInColorado View Post
    Aldaoud had a criminal conviction for disorderly conduct and served 17 months for a home invasion.
    And country invasion.

  31. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Aww, and he was mentally ill, too. He couldn't help he liked to break into people's homes and nations and steal things.

    We should take time for his wounded hand, because he liked to steal, he liked to steal.

    Where is the compassion in America? Does nobody care about the kleptomaniacs anymore?

    Hey, if people want to allow in a bunch of thieves onto their private property, we can't tell them to stop.



    Doing the jobs Americans are unwilling to do.



    And country invasion.
    Superfluous should have taken him in and taken care of him. I'm sure there are millions living with him now.

  32. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    In your fantasy utopia.

    Welcome to reality, where nations, borders, laws and citizenship are real.
    I have never disputed that. But just because something unjust happens doesn't make it right or mean that we can't criticize it.

  33. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by CoastieInColorado View Post
    had a lifetime to fix it and do it the right way like millions have done
    Your source for saying he had some way available to him to stay here lawfully?

  34. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    I have never disputed that. But just because something unjust happens doesn't make it right or mean that we can't criticize it.
    "unjust"

    the Poor fat thief died.

    DEAD

    REST IN HELL

    Justice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Cops Torture Mentally Ill Man in Restraint Chair for 2 Days, Laugh as He Dies
    By Origanalist in forum Individual Rights Violations: Case Studies
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-03-2019, 04:09 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-24-2014, 06:59 AM
  3. Diabetic Woman is Denied Insulin, Dies in Jail
    By donnay in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-13-2013, 06:06 PM
  4. Putin speaks English better than many native speakers.
    By heavenlyboy34 in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-13-2013, 11:12 PM
  5. Iranian Made Missles In Iraq Really English!!!!
    By Patriot123 in forum World News & Affairs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-06-2008, 12:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •