Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GOA Statement on Tragic Shootings in El Paso, TX and Dayton, OH

GOA Statement on Tragic Shootings in El Paso, TX and Dayton, OH

August 5, 2019
    For immediate release
    Springfield, VA — Senior Vice President of Gun Owners of America (GOA) Erich Pratt stated the following after the tragic shootings in El Paso, Texas and Dayton, Ohio:
    “Gun Owners of America mourns with all those affected by the pure evil in El Paso and Dayton. We pray for the families and for quick healing for the injured.
    “Events like these are tragic; yet they remind us that life is precious and worth protecting — and that firearms in the hands of honest citizens are the best way to protect both liberty and security.
    “This is why GOA is calling on the President, Congress and state legislatures to utterly reject any calls for gun control, including Universal Background Checks, so-called ‘Assault Weapon’ Bans, and so-called Red Flag laws.
    “It is frustrating to see President Donald Trump’s continued support for so-called Red Flag laws. These Red Flag laws, properly known as Gun Confiscation Orders, are incompatible with actual due process and allow for the confiscation of firearms from innocent Americans. Consider a Maryland man, who was the subject of a Gun Confiscation Order, and was ultimately killed by police.
    “As a solution, GOA calls on Congress to immediately take up and pass H.R. 38, the Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act, as well as H.R. 3200, the Safe Students Act (to repeal gun-free schools). GOA also calls upon state legislatures to immediately take up and pass Constitutional Carry legislation. Legislators should move to end gun-free zones — places where honest citizens cannot carry firearms.
    “We know that firearms in the hands of honest citizens keep us safer. In fact, based on a study commissioned by the Centers for Disease Control, we know that guns are used 16-100 times more often to protect life than to take it. And these defensive gun uses even include the employment of commonly owned, semi-automatic rifles. Consider these examples:

• A Houston man fired several rounds while fighting off five home invaders this year, using his AK-47 as his primary means of defense;
    • A Florida man utilized his AR-15 to fire 30 rounds while fighting off seven intruders; and,
    • A very petite Maryland mom chased three burglars out of her home simply by charging her AR-15.

“Additionally, almost 90 percent of police agree that mass shootings would be ‘reduced’ or ‘avoided altogether’ by the presence of legally-armed citizens.
    “In this difficult time in our country, let us take measures to make us safer and freer. This is not achieved by restricting guns, but by restoring firearm freedoms protected under the Second Amendment.”
    Erich Pratt, or another GOA spokesperson, is available for interviews. Gun Owners of America is a nonprofit lobbying organization dedicated to protecting the right to keep and bear arms without compromise. GOA represents over two million members and activists. For more information, visit GOA’s Press Center.

https://gunowners.org/goa-statement-...and-dayton-oh/
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 08-05-2019 at 06:50 PM.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    August 5, 2019
    For immediate release
    Springfield, VA — Senior Vice President of Gun Owners of America (GOA) Erich Pratt stated the following after the tragic shootings in El Paso, Texas and Dayton, Ohio:
    “Gun Owners of America mourns with all those affected by the pure evil in El Paso and Dayton. We pray for the families and for quick healing for the injured.
    “Events like these are tragic; yet they remind us that life is precious and worth protecting — and that firearms in the hands of honest citizens are the best way to protect both liberty and security.
    “This is why GOA is calling on the President, Congress and state legislatures to utterly reject any calls for gun control, including Universal Background Checks, so-called ‘Assault Weapon’ Bans, and so-called Red Flag laws.
    “It is frustrating to see President Donald Trump’s continued support for so-called Red Flag laws. These Red Flag laws, properly known as Gun Confiscation Orders, are incompatible with actual due process and allow for the confiscation of firearms from innocent Americans. Consider a Maryland man, who was the subject of a Gun Confiscation Order, and was ultimately killed by police.
    “As a solution, GOA calls on Congress to immediately take up and pass H.R. 38, the Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act, as well as H.R. 3200, the Safe Students Act (to repeal gun-free schools). GOA also calls upon state legislatures to immediately take up and pass Constitutional Carry legislation. Legislators should move to end gun-free zones — places where honest citizens cannot carry firearms.
    “We know that firearms in the hands of honest citizens keep us safer. In fact, based on a study commissioned by the Centers for Disease Control, we know that guns are used 16-100 times more often to protect life than to take it. And these defensive gun uses even include the employment of commonly owned, semi-automatic rifles. Consider these examples:

• A Houston man fired several rounds while fighting off five home invaders this year, using his AK-47 as his primary means of defense;
    • A Florida man utilized his AR-15 to fire 30 rounds while fighting off seven intruders; and,
    • A very petite Maryland mom chased three burglars out of her home simply by charging her AR-15.

“Additionally, almost 90 percent of police agree that mass shootings would be ‘reduced’ or ‘avoided altogether’ by the presence of legally-armed citizens.
    “In this difficult time in our country, let us take measures to make us safer and freer. This is not achieved by restricting guns, but by restoring firearm freedoms protected under the Second Amendment.”
    Erich Pratt, or another GOA spokesperson, is available for interviews. Gun Owners of America is a nonprofit lobbying organization dedicated to protecting the right to keep and bear arms without compromise. GOA represents over two million members and activists. For more information, visit GOA’s Press Center.

https://gunowners.org/goa-statement-...eFuJwN7GUdHunE
    I've never heard of a mass shooting at a gun show or a gun store.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Just renewed my GOA membership and sent them $100 bucks
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GOA again.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Just dumped buckets of ducats on a handgun, ammo and home repair. I'm gonna hit them up next month. There's no doubt as to the non-compromise pro-Second out there.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Great statement by the GOA.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Is it me or has Trump just caved in to the deepstate? after the whole jeffrey epstein ordeal?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Is it me or has Trump just caved in to the deepstate? after the whole jeffrey epstein ordeal?
    That remains to be seen.

But this isn't good.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That remains to be seen.

But this isn't good.
    During the press brief Trump sure didn't look to good on his face. His always cheerful when he talks about other issues. Either way this wont be good for both parties this bascially Ameircan leftists tearing up America's constitution for leftist sick ideology.

To make sure Americans become defenseless. You cant always rely upon the police to protect your communities.

"Nra"

Ha!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

That remains to be seen.

But this isn't good.

What took you so long?

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    What took you so long?
    So far Trump's good points have exceed his bad points.

That isn't as true today as is was before.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

“Let me be crystal clear. Forcing universal (background) checks and red-flag gun confiscation laws on Americans would have done nothing to stop either of these murderers. They went through the failed and unconstitutional National Instant Criminal Background Check system,” NAGR President Dudley Brown said.
    “We will let our members and supporters know how their elected officials vote – just like we did back in 2013 when they tried to pass gun control during the Obama years,” Brown added.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/beleag...iscation-laws/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So far Trump's good points have exceed his bad points.

That isn't as true today as is was before.
    You need to review his entire record, not just cherry pick a few things here and there.

The only thing so far that I give kudos to trump for is deregulation. Hopefully that will pan out, if there is not some nefarious underlying motive for doing so. Other than that, he is a NY LIB.

Perhaps I hold the BoR and conservative values stronger than most, which would explain why todays pussy republicans think I am some kind of right-wing-extremist.

It's not ALL trumps fault - republicans did it years ago too when they supported Romney, who is a Massachusetts LIB. Can you actually believe the folks in Utah actually voted him Senator? Was it the "R" after his name or what?!?!

@Swordsmyth

For example, only a LIBTARD would want to poke their nose in my personal business, abandoning the 4th Amendment, and Contract Rights between business owner and employee. And I am CERTAIN that Romney knows Gun Stuff will be in that Biometric Data also.

Think he and trump have had talks together?

____

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

WASHINGTON—U.S. Senator Mitt Romney (R-UT) today introduced the Permanent E-Verify Act, legislation to make the E-Verify program permanent by removing the termination provision that has required Congress to repeatedly act to extend the program. Making the E-Verify program permanent is the first step in making the program mandatory nationwide. Without legislative action, E-Verify is currently set to expire on September 30, 2019. A one-pager of the legislation is available here.

“Last month, a record number of 144,000 illegal immigrants were apprehended at the southern border, marking the highest monthly amount in more than thirteen years,” Romney said. “Congress needs to act now to address our illegal immigration crisis by closing legal loopholes and removing the magnets—like illegal employment—that drive illegal immigration. My home state of Utah has already taken a step to reduce illegal employment by requiring employers to use E-Verify. I urge my colleagues to take action on this important legislation to make E-Verify permanent, and continue working on long term fixes to secure our border, update our asylum and trafficking laws, and institute mandatory E-Verify nationwide.”

https://www.romney.senate.gov/romney...rify-permanent

You need to review his entire record, not just cherry pick a few things here and there.

The only thing so far that I give kudos to trump for is deregulation. Hopefully that will pan out, if there is not some nefarious underlying motive for doing so. Other than that, he is a NY LIB.

Perhaps I hold the BoR and conservative values stronger than most, which would explain why todays pussy republicans think I am some kind of right-wing-extremist.

It's not ALL trumps fault - republicans did it years ago too when they supported Romney, who is a Massachusetts LIB. Can you actually believe the folks in Utah actually voted him Senator? Was it the "R" after his name or what?!?!
    You and I disagree about some of the things he does being good vs. bad.

Immigration/border control is necessary for the survival of liberty and so is fighting back in the trade wars for two examples.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Looks like they are slowly creeping to push for Gun Confiscation Laws all they needed was two events.
    If they don't get it now they will keep trying in order to push for such laws.

Immigration/border control is necessary for the survival of liberty and so is fighting back in the trade wars for two examples.
    Read post 18.

Read post 18.
    I did.

I don't support mandatory E-verify and Trump has said he is against it too.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Nope. I support Free Markets, the Right to travel freely and the Elimination of Welfare/Incentives. Nobody talks about those things anymore because all the rave is "blame the immigrants for White House/MIC lobbyist policy". Nobody follows the money anymore. Which is WHY we are in this stinking mess.

Remember, Obama wanted that Wall and utilized Eminent Domain, and Republicans stood their ground against him. Trump is following right in his footsteps, but since he has a "R" after his name, republicans have lost their moral compass. They have abandoned the very platform that made them different than the LIBS.

I did.

I don't support mandatory E-verify and Trump has said he is against it too.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nope. I support Free Markets,
    The invaders don't, that's why we have a right to keep them out.

the Right to travel freely
    That doesn't exist across national borders.

and the Elimination of Welfare/Incentives.
    So do I but it isn't enough.

Nobody talks about those things anymore
    That's untrue.

because all the rave is "blame the immigrants for White House/MIC lobbyist policy". Nobody follows the money anymore. Which is WHY we are in this stinking mess.
    Following the money shows that those who support flooding us with communist barbarians are the enemies of liberty.

Remember, Obama wanted that Wall and utilized Eminent Domain, and Republicans stood their ground against him. Trump is following right in his footsteps, but since he has a "R" after his name, republicans have lost their moral compass. They have abandoned the very platform that made them different than the LIBS.
    That's nonsense.

O'Bummer wanted to flood us with millions of communists and did everything he could to encourage them and nothing significant to build the wall or otherwise secure the border.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump OPPOSES mandatory E-Verify

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

FYI. The link you posted includes a Facebook click ID tracker. Best to remove those before passing on links. It’s everything past the “?”.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 08-05-2019 at 06:54 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

FYI. The link you posted includes a Facebook click ID tracker. Best to remove those before passing on links. It’s everything past the “?”.
    Thanks, I must have missed that.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

My concern is that GOA leadership would even turn more anti-MAGA than before.

Trump condemns ‘racism, bigotry and white supremacy’ in speech after mass shootings kill 29

Published 17 min ago
    President Donald Trump on Monday condemned “racism, bigotry and white supremacy” in the wake of two mass shootings over the weekend that left 29 dead and dozens more injured.

He backed so-called red-flag laws that enable guns to be removed from high-risk individuals, called for mass shooters to be given the death penalty and vowed to address radicalization through the internet and social media.
    He did not mention his prior call for background checks — an overwhelmingly popular gun control measure that has already passed the Democrat-controlled House — in his roughly 10-minute speech.
    Americans are “outraged and sickened by this monstrous evil, the cruelty, the hatred, the malice, the bloodshed and the terror,” Trump said.
    “Hate has no place in America … hatred warps the mind, ravages the heart and devours the soul,” Trump said.

'Gun-grabber-in-chief': GOA leaders turn on Trump as threat to confiscate guns prompts Second Amendment-related outrage
    'He's a fraud and has betrayed us twice now'

That's nonsense.

O'Bummer wanted to flood us with millions of communists and did everything he could to encourage them and nothing significant to build the wall or otherwise secure the border.

"I voted numerous times when I was a senator to spend money to build a barrier to try to prevent illegal immigrants from coming in," Clinton told an audience at a campaign stop Nov. 9, 2015. "And I do think you have to control your borders."

Clinton voted for the Secure Fence Act of 2006, which President George W. Bush signed after the measure cleared the Republican-held Congress. It authorized about 700 miles of fencing along certain stretches of land between the border of the United States and Mexico.

The act also authorized the use of more vehicle barriers, checkpoints and lighting to curb illegal immigration, and the use of advanced technology such as satellites and unmanned aerial vehicles.

Then-Sen. Clinton voted in favor of the act when it passed in the Senate by a vote of 80 to 19. (Notably, then-Sen. Barack Obama and New York Sen. Chuck Schumer voted for it, too.)

Originally, the act called on the Department of Homeland Security to install at least two layers of reinforced fencing along some stretches of the border.

https://www.politifact.com/punditfac...r-wall-mexico/

President Trump on Sunday quoted Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton supporting border security, pushing Democrats to relent in the standoff over spending on a border wall.

The president used the quotes to hammer home his message that “walls work.”

In a series of tweets, Mr. Trump quoted Mr. Obama in 2005 saying, “We simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented, unchecked.”

He quoted Mrs. Clinton in 2015 saying, “I voted, when I was a Senator, to build a barrier to try to prevent illegal immigrants from coming in.”

https://www.wnd.com/2019/01/trump-qu...n-border-wall/

I don't care how you spin it.

I have told you before, Republicans stood their ground opposing eminent domain and supported private contract rights between employer/employee. It is the LEFTIST goal to monitor and control people, take private property, eliminate contract rights, and increase the size of government and government personnel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast