Thread: How does RPs chair compare w/Huckabees new Ronald Reagan erea chair.

How does RPs chair compare w/Huckabees new Ronald Reagan erea chair.

It looks like Huckabee has just picked up a new campaign chairman, Ed rollins. He is the former chair for Ronald Regan's second term and ross Perots bid.

Is anyone familiar enough with Kent Snyder to compare styles?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think the people heading his campaign now are pretty much the same people who he used for his congressional runs. He's probably hired some additional top people though.

I don't know to much about his chair, but I wouldn't be against him hiring at least as a consultant with the same sort of credentials as this guy that Huck just hired.

I wouldn't want Karl Rove, but Karl Rove was clever in a lot of ways during Bush's campaign and we need more of that in HQ (just not a total neocon).

It looks like he is on the attack now which is good, and he isn't doing it personally, he has surrogates.
    "Every generation needs a new revolution."
    -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Ah, I thought you meant that chair Huckabee was sitting in in that 11-page spread in the New York Times two days ago. The black and white photo where he has his hands folded as if in thought (but equally large possibility of not being in thought at the time).

Ed Rollins has an interesting history.

He ran the Reagan reelection in 1984. As one former consultant said, "My grandmother could have run the Reagan reelection campaign and won." Especially against Mondale who stated in his convention that he wanted to raise taxes.

In 1989/90 I think Rollins got a huge contract with the National Republican Congressional Committee to help win the house. Many house members were furious that he was being paid millions. The Republicans didn't do so well in 1990.

In 1992, Rollins got on board with the Ross Perot campaign. At one point Ross Perot led everybody, in the end Ross Perot came in third.They had grand plans to have a campaign office in every city using Ross Perot's money. Never happened.

On the other hand I am sure he has a lot of knowledge and contacts which could be helpful to any campaign.

Kent Snyder and Lew Moore and Debbie Hopper seem to have very little experience at the Presidential campaign level, have not seemed to manage many other campaigns. The senior staff let many things slide, could have fought harder in Iowa at the straw poll and don't seem to want the help of long time republican strategists.

Many of volunteer activists are getting more done than the professional campaign. This is how campaigns are won.

Ron Paul has done well in the debates and activated his base. While he could improve his image and public speaking skills and demeaner on TV, Ron Paul has done very well against some really tough questions.
    Last edited by New York For Paul; 12-16-2007 at 11:57 AM.

Interesting take. I think Regan won his 8 year term that night of the self held debate. I was too young to know exactly how much Rollins contributed to the second term success. I did not know about the 1990 congressional campaign.

What I want to know is...

Where on earth did Huckabee get enough money to fund someone like this?? Surely Ed wants big $$.

Ed Rollins has been out of the spotlight for some time. Now his career is being revived by getting on with the hot campaign. Maybe he will take credit for a Huckabee win.

However, everybody is firing at Huckabee. Talk radio to conservative bloggers are all attacking Huckabee. He may not be able to stand it.

Every guy on the "Conservative Talk" radio is chastising Huckster. As far as I can tell they "REALLY", "REALLY" do not want him to win the primaries.

Even the local Minneapolis guys are saying the same things about The Huckster (tm)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Nashville radio show hosts (one of them in syndication) are all SLAMMING the Huckster over his support of illegal aliens. I can tell you that he's gaining no traction here and I'm seeing Fred's slipping pretty badly too. This is leaving LOTS of potential Ron Paul voters out there because this state will not go for Rudy or Mitt although some still think well of McCain. Of course, the ONLY bumper stickers I've seen here are Ron Paul (about 80%) with a few Fred and Obama thrown in for good measure.
    "...It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere..." -- Voltaire

"When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic." ~~ D. James

Ron Paul! I BELIEVE!!