Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump Calls for Linking New Gun Control Legislation to Immigration Reform

Trump Calls for Linking New Gun Control Legislation to Immigration Reform

https://reason.com/2019/08/05/trump-...ration-reform/

This should be interesting.

"We cannot let those killed in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, die in vain," wrote the president. "Republicans and Democrats must come together and get strong background checks, perhaps marrying this legislation with desperately needed immigration reform. We must have something good, if not GREAT, come out of these two tragic events!"

Hmmmm....who was it that said "Never let a good tragedy go to waste?"
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ...must have been reading Sworthsmyth's posts, trying to think of a way to break his resolve.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    ...must have been reading Sworthsmyth's posts, trying to think of a way to break his resolve.
    Even if the immigration law was perfect it would be a bad trade.
    It's better to have guns for the civil war against the left and their invader pets than to be disarmed in the same country as American leftists.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It's better to have guns for the civil war against the left and their invader pets than to be disarmed in the same country as American leftists.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Would have been better off with Hillary...
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Oh no... you didn't hear? Trumps putting "crooked Hillary" behind bars... He said so.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

I'm not sure about that yet.

But I used to be sure we wouldn't have been.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    Oh no... you didn't hear? Trumps putting "crooked Hillary" behind bars... He said so.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The only fly in this ointment is SCROTUS appointments.

But those are always liable to be disappointments.

Discounting that, we'd be much better off.

We'd be the "woke mob" SNAFUing the works to hell and gone.

The only fly in this ointment is SCROTUS appointments.

But those are always liable to be disappointments.

Discounting that, we'd be much better off.

The exposure of the deepstate is also something huge that wouldn't have happened if Hitlery had won and it may yet result in purges.

But Trump is no longer exceeding my early expectations by nearly so much.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

...The exposure of the deepstate is also something huge that wouldn't have happened if Hitlery had won...
    Ill definitely give you that, but in the scheme of things it dont matter a bit. The Gell-Mann amnesia effect takes place on the very next page, and boobus will still be boobus.

Gulag Chief:

And hes also going to get rid of all the secret prisons that we have across the world.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    And hes also going to get rid of all the secret prisons that we have across the world.

Gulag Chief:

I would never vote for that rag bitch. But the reality is, like under obama who was the worlds greatest gun salesman, republicans would be standing their ground defending the core republican platform... Private Property Rights, Private Contract Rights, Gun Rights and everything else they have stupidly abandoned under this NY LIB.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

I said this just a week and half ago in another thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I refer to Trump as a "half-assed" gun-grabber because I suspect he'd be willing to go a lot further than he has so far - but he's just too chicken$#@! to try it because it would probably alienate so many of his supporters. In fact, after and if he is reelected, I won't be the least bit surprised if that's what happens. It might not happen. He strikes me as a narcissist who's more likely to be concerned with fostering a "legacy" of having left office while still being adored and venerated by his supporters than with any of his gun-grabby impulses (or anything else, for that matter). But if it does happen, I won't be at all shocked - nor should anyone else be.
    Looks like Trump has started groping for his other cheek. The only question now is whether he'll actually find it ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

good for you.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There will be no immigration reform .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    There will be no immigration reform .
    Maybe there won't be. Or maybe there will be immigration reform that betrays Trump's base.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Maybe there won't be. Or maybe there will be immigration reform that betrays Trump's base.
    I think he already has problems with his base . He is going to have to rely on the dems to pick someone like bernie to get where he wants to go .
    Do something Danke

I don’t know about that. How many times did we march on Washington, or any other place, during the Obama years?
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Hillary would not have been able to get anything done on DACA deal, take the due process first, bump stock ban etc, she has relatively poor deal making skills.

She would have done much worse things.

The only questions are whether that would have provoked a revolution or not and whether Trump is still more good than bad or not.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

What that piece of (... ) says and what his real plans were;

America First // Israel first

Hillary Prison
    // Nice person, lifetime immunity to prosecution

Don't get me wrong, I supported Trump and he did some good, but I no longer have
    any respect for him whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    What that piece of (... ) says and what his real plans were;

America First // Israel first

Hillary Prison
    // Nice person, lifetime immunity to prosecution

Don't get me wrong, I supported Trump and he did some good, but I no longer have
    any respect for him whatsoever.
    I'm pretty sure you're not alone in that regard.

Maybe if the democraps continue to implode and trump has enough defectors, we can have a good 3rd party turnout? Cue the orphan annie soundtrack!

Gulag Chief:

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm pretty sure you're not alone in that regard.

Maybe if the democraps continue to implode and trump has enough defectors, we can have a good 3rd party turnout? Cue the orphan annie soundtrack!
    ha ha........yep...

Key word "linking".

Anybody want to speculate how?

I see National eVerify/Biometrics playing a heavy role, the only way to differentiate "them" from "us" and government contracts with MIC turned domestic. Top corporate lobbyist and ex-Raytheon VP, the new SecDef Mark Esper with an overwhelming 90–8 vote will guide Americans into a new technological and anti-4th Amendment era.

As for anti-2nd Amendment gun control, trump figured out that States trump Fed (10th Amendment), and states are now doing it, along with raising the age to 21 with very tasty compromise bills. This way he avoids EO which would hurt 2020, to keep his grubby fingers clean.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aise.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	6841

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post

Key word "linking".

Anybody want to speculate how?
    He's probably suggesting a single bill to cover both.

I see National eVerify/Biometrics playing a heavy role, the only way to differentiate "them" from "us" and government contracts with MIC turned domestic. Top corporate lobbyist and ex-Raytheon VP, the new SecDef Mark Esper with an overwhelming 90–8 vote will guide Americans into a new technological and anti-4th Amendment era.
    That's not the only way to identify the invaders.

As for anti-2nd Amendment gun control, trump figured out that States trump Fed (10th Amendment), and states are now doing it, along with raising the age to 21 with very tasty compromise bills. This way he avoids EO which would hurt 2020, to keep his grubby fingers clean.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aise.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	6841
    I have repeatedly criticized Trump's attempts to "compromise" on gun control.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It's not the leftists that are destroying this country...lol....it is rich and powerful corporations who have planted their puppets into our government. They are the people destroying this country. Please stop blaming the wrong folks. If you do take up arms, do it for the right reasons and against the right people, not against other Americans who simply disagree with your ideology. That is un-american.
    Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by showpan View Post
    It's not the leftists that are destroying this country...lol....it is rich and powerful corporations who have planted their puppets into our government. They are the people destroying this country. Please stop blaming the wrong folks. If you do take up arms, do it for the right reasons and against the right people, not against other Americans who simply disagree with your ideology. That is un-american.
    The leftists are unAmerican and they are destroying our rights just as much or more than the oligarchs who use them against us.
    When the civil war comes it will be because they start it either by trying to overthrow a conservative government or by trying something like house to house gun confiscation.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Of course it's linked. Both issues are used to continue expanding the big government police state. Linking the two is a way to get even more gullible people to support this crap.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast