Thread: San Francisco International Airport banning plastic bottle sales

San Francisco International Airport banning plastic bottle sales

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-en...-bottles-sales

08/03/19

The San Francisco International Airport, one of the largest airports in the country, announced it will ban the sale of single-use plastic water bottles later this month.

Starting Aug. 20, tenants, vendors and permittees will be prohibited from providing or selling “bottled water in containers that contain plastic or aseptic paper packaging, including in vending machines,” the airport said.

“Reusable water bottles, recyclable aluminum, glass and certified compostable water bottles can instead be provided or sold,” it added.

The airport added that the ban will apply to purified water, mineral water, carbonated water and electrolyte-enhanced water but will exempt flavored water.

In an interview with The San Francisco Chronicle published Friday, Doug Yakel, a spokesperson for the airport, said the facility is “the first airport that we’re aware of to implement this change.”

“We’re on the leading edge for the industry, and we want to push the boundaries of sustainability initiatives,” he continued.

“Our hope is that that migration will continue, where it’ll touch sodas and teas and juices and other flavored beverages to the point where, in the future, it’s realistic for us to expand this prohibition on plastic bottles,” Yakel added. “Will this be the last change? Hopefully not.”

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So no plastic or paper packaging? All water must be sold in buckets and glass
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

So what's the $#@!ing point of confiscating my dividers or trimmer scissors?

“It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

@Danke, do something.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

“Reusable water bottles, recyclable aluminum, glass and certified compostable water bottles can instead be provided or sold,” it added.
    aluminum, glass and certified compostable water bottles arent really healthy either.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    aluminum, glass and certified compostable water bottles arent really healthy either.
    wtf is wrong with glass now?
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Ban Francisco strikes again.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    wtf is wrong with glass now?
    In a city where people s*#^ in the streets and hepatitis runs rampant?

No one ever blamed these people for being smart.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But shooting up, passing out and $#@!ting yourself?

100% legal.

Do you need a syringe? We got those for free. No toilet paper though, we're all out of money.