Thread: Bill allowing concealed-carry without a permit advances in Ohio House

Bill allowing concealed-carry without a permit advances in Ohio House

After a one-week detour, a bill that would allow Ohioans to carry a concealed gun without a permit has advanced in the Ohio House.A House committee on Wednesday voted mostly along party lines to refer for passage House Bill 178, which would allow anyone 21 and older to carry any concealed deadly weapon as long as they’re not legally barred from owning a gun.
    The bill is now expected to head to a different committee for further review, something that’s unlikely to happen before the legislature breaks for its summer recess.
    Ohio’s existing concealed-carry system, under which one can only conceal handguns, and only after going through a permitting process that involves mandatory training and a background check, has been in place since 2004, signed into law by then-Gov. Bob Taft following a years-long lobbying campaign by the National Rifle Association. That bill was backed by House Speaker Larry Householder, who also leads the House today.

More at: https://www.cleveland.com/open/2019/...hio-house.html

And now you know why they chose Dayton.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I see. Grant the 2nd Amendment Right by revoking a 2nd Amendment Right.

Some will say this is a good thing. Nowhere does the 2nd A state that one must hold a license. All this bill will do is condition people to believe that legislation overrides the Bill of Rights and one must be over the age of 21.

And the 20 year old mother of 2 whose hubby is away on business is left out to dry.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    I see. Grant the 2nd Amendment Right by revoking a 2nd Amendment Right.

Some will say this is a good thing. Nowhere does the 2nd A state that one must hold a license. All this bill will do is condition people to believe that legislation overrides the Bill of Rights and one must be over the age of 21.

And the 20 year old mother of 2 whose hubby is away on business is left out to dry.
    Yes.
    It's much better to keep denying the right to keep and bear arms to everyone.

All or nothing gets you nothing and clearly that is what you really want.

We can get rid of the remaining restrictions just like this bill advanced on the previous law.

Start a revolution to overturn everything at once or get out of the way of those who are making progress in the right direction.

Lead follow or get out of the way. (But your real goal is to be in the way)

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Yes.
    It's much better to keep denying the right to keep and bear arms to everyone.
    As it stands, I am not aware of any 20 year old mother, 19, 18... who is presently restricted. So without passage of this bill, nothing changes.

All or nothing gets you nothing and clearly that is what you really want.
    By abiding by the Bill of Rights?

We can get rid of the remaining restrictions just like this bill advanced on the previous law.

Let me know just as soon as the TSA, DHS, NSA, etc., go away.

Start a revolution to overturn everything at once or get out of the way of those who are making progress in the right direction.

This is what I did to go in the right direction. Where were you? Drafting legislation to oppose us, LOL?

Lead follow or get out of the way. (But your real goal is to be in the way)

Yeah, I quoted Lee to you a couple times. I will get in the way of anybody who attempts to take my rights, including you.

Trump said: Raise the age to 21!

Nowhere in the Bill of Rights does it have ANY age requirement.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iu.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	6831

@Anti Federalist - here ya go.

As it stands, I am not aware of any 20 year old mother, 19, 18... who is presently restricted. So without passage of this bill, nothing changes.
    That's nonsense, they are all restricted under current law.

By abiding by the Bill of Rights?
    The state government isn't and you can't (or at least aren't going to) make them.

Let me know just as soon as the TSA, DHS, NSA, etc., go away.
    That can be done too but you are trying to change the subject, this law improves the current situation in the state.

This is what I did to go in the right direction. Where were you? Drafting legislation to oppose us, LOL?

That's nice, it didn't really accomplish anything though, this law does.

Yeah, I quoted Lee to you a couple times. I will get in the way of anybody who attempts to take my rights, including you.
    You are getting in the way of people who are restoring rights as best they can and nobody is dumb enough to think otherwise.

Start a revolution or clam up.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump said: Raise the age to 21!

Nowhere in the Bill of Rights does it have ANY age requirement.

Name:	iu.png 
ID:	6831

@Anti Federalist - here ya go.
    That is a total misrepresentation of what this bill does and you know it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The 2nd Amendment is my license.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Concealed carry without a permit???

Are they insane??

Without requiring a permit, what's to stop people from going on mass shootings in movie theaters and Wal Mart parking lots???!!!
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Name:	21.png 
ID:	6832

That is a total misrepresentation of what this bill does and you know it.
    I see.

Here is what my Bill would look like:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Concealed carry without a permit???

Are they insane??

Without requiring a permit, what's to stop people from going on mass shootings in movie theaters and Wal Mart parking lots???!!!
    Permits are for bureaucrats.

Name:	21.png 
ID:	6832

I see.

Here is what my Bill would look like:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
    Currently nobody is allowed unless they get a permit.
    Let me know when you get your bill passed.

The fact that you insist on lying about this bill is the proof that you are a mole intent on preventing progress towards liberty.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Let me know when you get your bill passed.
    It already passed. It is called the Second Amendment.

The fact that you insist on lying about this bill is the proof that you are a mole intent on preventing progress towards liberty.

The fact that you did not even recognize the Second Amendment when I quoted it says it all. Rather than defend and protect the Bill of Rights, you will come up with "legislation" which establishes "age requirements" and push it on people who think it is a wonderful thing.

Don't even try to tell me what liberty is all about. I live it, you hate it. Go take a flying hike, why don't you.

It already passed. It is called the Second Amendment.
    And it isn't enforced.
    This bill brings the state closer to enforcing it.

The fact that you did not even recognize the Second Amendment when I quoted it says it all. Rather than defend and protect the Bill of Rights, you will come up with "legislation" which establishes "age requirements" and push it on people who think it is a wonderful thing.
    I recognized it just fine, you missed my point or pretended to.
    I came up with nothing, if I was in my state legislature I would propose a bill to eliminate all restrictions but when it didn't pass I would vote for bills to reduce restrictions.

You are trying to stop bills that reduce restrictions.

Don't even try to tell me what liberty is all about. I live it, you hate it. Go take a flying hike, why don't you.
    You may or may not live liberty but you don't want others to have it, that's why you attack a bill that gets Ohio closer.
    I love liberty and rejoice in every step closer to it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

And it isn't enforced.
    This bill brings the state closer to enforcing it.
    By rejecting and dismissing the Bill of Rights and ESTABLISHING the age of 21 and older. And people wonder why the Constitution is DEAD. It is because of statists like you.

It is NOT up to legislatures to defend and protect our Natural Rights, it is up to each and every one of us.

Name:	crazy.jpg 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	6833

By rejecting and dismissing the Bill of Rights and ESTABLISHING the age of 21 and older. And people wonder why the Constitution is DEAD. It is because of statists like you.

It is NOT up to legislatures to defend and protect our Natural Rights, it is up to each and every one of us.

Name:	crazy.jpg 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	6833
    The law as it stands already violates the 2ndA, this bill reduces the violation.

YOU ARE NOT THIS STUPID, YOU ARE JUST PRETENDING SO YOU CAN OPPOSE PROGRESS WITH CREDIBLE DENIABILITY.

Start your revolution or get lost.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In this day and age, allowing concealed carry won't amount to much. From what I see, most people are too lazy to learn firearm safety and take the responsibility for carrying a firearm anyway. They think it's the government's job to protect them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    In this day and age, allowing concealed carry won't amount to much. From what I see, most people are too lazy to learn firearm safety and take the responsibility for carrying a firearm anyway. They think it's the government's job to protect them.
    Some people will carry and those who do have saved lives in shootings before and they will again.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Some people will carry and those who do have saved lives in shootings before and they will again.
    I'm well aware of that.

What I'm saying is, it will take a considerable amount of time before there are enough carrying to be able to stop the kind of shootings we are seeing.

Yes, every person who is carrying is doing the public a service in doing so. I carry every day. I don't want to be one of the fish in the barrel that goes down without a fight and perhaps I can keep other innocent people from losing their lives in the process.

I don't feel safe in large crowds though, because in my state, I'm not allowed to carry when at an event that has a large crowd. I don't feel safe in banks, bars and the post office either, for the same reason, I'm not allowed to carry in those places.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I'm well aware of that.

What I'm saying is, it will take a considerable amount of time before there are enough carrying to be able to stop the kind of shootings we are seeing.

Yes, every person who is carrying is doing the public a service in doing so. I carry every day. I don't want to be one of the fish in the barrel that goes down without a fight and perhaps I can keep other innocent people from losing their lives in the process.

I don't feel safe in large crowds though, because in my state, I'm not allowed to carry when at an event that has a large crowd. I don't feel safe in banks, bars and the post office either, for the same reason, I'm not allowed to carry in those places.
    All true but every little bit helps and you can almost never get everything at once, that's why PAF is a hindrance to liberty and it's probably on purpose.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment