Thread: No Cigarettes For Two Years Today

No Cigarettes For Two Years Today

I don't even have cravings anymore, and I'm around cigarette smokers pretty regularly. I don't even recall having bad cravings when I initially quit to be honest. The smell of them now is revolting to me, lol, I never thought I'd feel that way.

I did it with the nicotine lozenges, took a bottle and a half total over the course of a week IIRC.

Breathing and overall lung function is a lot better for sure, I remember being able to hear myself breathing when not even doing any activity when I was a cigarette smoker. Now I scurry right up Garden of the Gods when I go and am not out of breath anymore, and can sit idly without sounding like I have emphysema.

Now that I only smoke mj flower occasionally and use concentrates almost exclusively, I can say without doubt tobacco smoke is at least 1000x more damaging than anything marijuana is capable of.

You can do it, quit those things if you can. I watched my father die from lung cancer-five years after quitting smokes- and it's a slow, agonizing fight.

ETA: Started smoking at 10- yes, 10 - and smoked on and off until 40.
    Last edited by CoastieInColorado; 08-03-2019 at 10:52 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nice job!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

Congrats, Coastie.
    There is only one kind of freedom and that's individual liberty. Our lives come from our creator
    and our liberty comes from our creator. It has nothing to do with government granting it. -Ron Paul

RAND 20/20

Quote Originally Posted by CoastieInColorado View Post
    I don't even have cravings anymore, and I'm around cigarette smokers pretty regularly. I don't even recall having bad cravings when I initially quit to be honest. The smell of them now is revolting to me, lol, I never thought I'd feel that way.

I did it with the nicotine lozenges, took a bottle and a half total over the course of a week IIRC.

Breathing and overall lung function is a lot better for sure, I remember being able to hear myself breathing when not even doing any activity when I was a cigarette smoker. Now I scurry right up Garden of the Gods when I go and am not out of breath anymore, and can sit idly without sounding like I have emphysema.

Now that I only smoke mj flower occasionally and use concentrates almost exclusively, I can say without doubt tobacco smoke is at least 1000x more damaging than anything marijuana is capable of.

You can do it, quit those things if you can. I watched my father die from lung cancer-five years after quitting smokes- and it's a slow, agonizing fight.

ETA: Started smoking at 10- yes, 10 - and smoked on and off until 40.
    +rep and grats, man.

Cigarettes is my one bad habit, in that it's the only habit I can't walk off from.
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

+rep that's a big deal, brother.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Great job . I quit the summer before I retired . Maybe 3 - 4 years ago . I still want one on occasion and I think it smells good if I am walking down a street and smell one but I really do not miss my truck smelling like an ash tray when I open the door . It is also nice to sit down in a fancy eating house with a nice , large draft beer and not want a cigarette . Get more work done too when I am working on something because I do not take three breaks every hour , LOL .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Intoxiklown View Post
    +rep and grats, man.

Cigarettes is my one bad habit, in that it's the only habit I can't walk off from.
    I used the patches .
    Do something Danke