Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How computers ruined rock music

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I can certainly appreciate that these are events where there are a lot women and you might even get laid, but to call this great music is like calling AOC the greatest mind in economics.
    I completely disagree.. the greatest minds in music in at least 11 years have all been DJs as far as I can tell, and there have been countless. Like I said, there are hundreds if not thousands of genres.. some of them are geared toward a certain crowd like what you describe and some of those are great.. a sorta Coachella/EDC crowd, but others are enjoyed by a mix of crowds of varying ages and types of people. There are very slow, melodic music with textured bass like clozee that I posted in the other thread about how vibrations are therapeutic to the body. Then there is the hardest of the hardcore. I like it all. Any kind of good bass music is pretty much the only thing worth listening to most of the time.. I do go back and listen to other stuff on occasion, and it's great, but it feels like it's missing something. Classical music feels like it's missing a LOT of things. If Mozart or Bach or any of those guys were alive today, they would no doubt be DJs. Probably pretty good too.

There is another thread sword posted on acquired tastes. It's an acquired taste, and it helps if you do molly and go to a good live festival or show. But once it syncs up with your brain it's an addiction and way better than any other music.

Whole body vibration shakes up microbiome, reduces inflammation in diabetes

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...on-in-diabetes
    Last edited by dannno; 08-09-2019 at 10:25 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I completely disagree.. the greatest minds in music in at least 11 years have all been DJs as far as I can tell, and there have been countless. Like I said, there are hundreds if not thousands of genres.. some of them are geared toward a certain crowd like what you describe and some of those are great.. a sorta Coachella/EDC crowd, but others are enjoyed by a mix of crowds of varying ages and types of people. There are very slow, melodic music with textured bass like clozee that I posted in the other thread about how vibrations are therapeutic to the body. Then there is the hardest of the hardcore. I like it all. Any kind of good bass music is pretty much the only thing worth listening to most of the time.. I do go back and listen to other stuff on occasion, and it's great, but it feels like it's missing something. Classical music feels like it's missing a LOT of things. If Mozart or Bach or any of those guys were alive today, they would no doubt be DJs. Probably pretty good too.

There is another thread sword posted on acquired tastes. It's an acquired taste, and it helps if you do molly and go to a good live festival or show. But once it syncs up with your brain it's an addiction and way better than any other music.

If it feels that way it's just because you lack historical perspective. Plus you've probably only been exposed to performances that weren't what the composers had in mind (i.e. mp3 recordings). You should definitely attend live shows instead of listening to recordings of classical music. Universities have recitals all the time, and a number of other groups in your area do too, I betcha. If you can go to a real concert hall, it's ideal-but churches tend to make for good venues as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

You are comparing music to vibrators. They both may have their place, but they are not the same thing.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

You are comparing music to vibrators. They both may have their place, but they are not the same thing.
    That is incorrect.

They are the same thing.

Everything is waves.

EDM is music that you hear and feel.. add a crowd with good vibes and some psychedelics, endless danceable beats and there really isn't anything much better in the entire world. Except surfing and sex I suppose.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    If it feels that way it's just because you lack historical perspective. Plus you've probably only been exposed to performances that weren't what the composers had in mind (i.e. mp3 recordings). You should definitely attend live shows instead of listening to recordings of classical music. Universities have recitals all the time, and a number of other groups in your area do too, I betcha. If you can go to a real concert hall, it's ideal-but churches tend to make for good venues as well.
    I used to sing in a professional children's choir and toured almost every cathedral in the UK. We performed in Carmina Burana at Royal Albert Hall. Sometimes the performances were so beautiful, I cried.

I am an appreciator of good music. I'm not saying anything is bad, I'm just saying what's better.

So back at ya, I guess you haven't been to any good live bass music shows.. definitely not on molly.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Brian4Liberty again.

I used to sing in a professional children's choir and toured almost every cathedral in the UK. We performed in Carmina Burana at Royal Albert Hall. Sometimes the performances were so beautiful, I cried.

I am an appreciator of good music. I'm not saying anything is bad, I'm just saying what's better.
    Then you're making your case extremely badly.

So back at ya, I guess you haven't been to any good live bass music shows.. definitely not on molly.
    I've been to debka shows. (contemporary arabic electronic dance music) But nah, I haven't thus far found that sort of music worth buying a ticket for. That's why any analysis I would do of it would be WRT the underlying theory/structure/etc.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 08-10-2019 at 08:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Then you're making your case extremely badly.

I've been to debka shows. (contemporary arabic electronic dance music) But nah, I haven't thus far found that sort of music worth buying a ticket for. That's why any analysis I would do of it would be WRT the underlying theory/structure/etc.
    Uh, ya, you can't really listen to bass music if you don't go to a live show with serious equipment. That's why I turned it back around on you. You haven't found anything because you haven't actually heard anything.

Did you checkout the vibrations thread?

I thought this was an interesting break down of a music trend. Computers are an influence good or bad, but not a major driving cause.

In fact, I think Kraftwerk had a goal of creating EBM or electronic 'body' music with emphasis on things like deep reverb that you feel, but not minimizing melody like EDM.

https://youtu.be/K0Vn9V-tRCo

Last edited by VIDEODROME; 08-11-2019 at 12:01 PM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "New Wave Jazz"

Some background digital, but mostly live instruments.

FJB

There’s definitely something about a good live performance that permeates the soul... & it can stick with you for days or even weeks... very powerful.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12