Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exclusive—Rand Paul: Disingenuous Republicans at the Spending Trough

Exclusive—Rand Paul: Disingenuous Republicans at the Spending Trough

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1156962116764655616

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    but muh wall Trumps muh budget
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1156958834499493888

H.R.3877 Roll Call Vote - 67 to 28

Republican Senators who voted NAY on an unlimited increase in the debt ceiling:

Blackburn (R-TN)
    Braun (R-IN)
    Cassidy (R-LA)
    Cotton (R-AR)
    Cruz (R-TX)
    Daines (R-MT)
    Enzi (R-WY)
    Fischer (R-NE)
    Gardner (R-CO)
    Hawley (R-MO)
    Johnson (R-WI)
    Kennedy (R-LA)
    Lankford (R-OK)
    Lee (R-UT)
    Manchin (D-WV)
    Paul (R-KY)
    Risch (R-ID)
    Romney (R-UT)
    Rubio (R-FL)
    Sasse (R-NE)
    Scott (R-FL)
    Scott (R-SC)
    Tillis (R-NC)
    Toomey (R-PA)

Republicans who voted YEA on an unlimited increase in the debt ceiling:

Alexander (R-TN)
    Barrasso (R-WY)
    Blunt (R-MO)
    Boozman (R-AR)
    Burr (R-NC)
    Capito (R-WV)
    Collins (R-ME)
    Cornyn (R-TX)
    Cortez Masto (D-NV)
    Cramer (R-ND)
    Crapo (R-ID)
    Ernst (R-IA)
    Graham (R-SC)
    Grassley (R-IA)
    Hoeven (R-ND)
    Hyde-Smith (R-MS)
    Inhofe (R-OK)
    McConnell (R-KY)
    McSally (R-AZ)
    Moran (R-KS)
    Murkowski (R-AK)
    Perdue (R-GA)
    Portman (R-OH)
    Roberts (R-KS)
    Rounds (R-SD)
    Shelby (R-AL)
    Sullivan (R-AK)
    Thune (R-SD)
    Wicker (R-MS)
    Young (R-IN)
    https://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...n=1&vote=00262

Hard to take him seriously, after he, along with the rest of his retarded party, claimed that Trump's proposed tax cuts would decrease the deficit, despite being projected to do the opposite by everyone who actually knew what they were talking about. Almost as if he doesn't actually care about the deficit, just about ensuring that his wealthy donors get to pay as little taxes as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Republican Senators who voted NAY on an unlimited increase in the debt ceiling:

Manchin (D-WV)
    It was only a matter of time before he was turned.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Ok but this is at least MAGA spending. If Hillary were president, the spending would be for worse things. Also Gorsuch.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    Hard to take him seriously, after he, along with the rest of his retarded party, claimed that Trump's proposed tax cuts would decrease the deficit, despite being projected to do the opposite by everyone who actually knew what they were talking about. Almost as if he doesn't actually care about the deficit, just about ensuring that his wealthy donors get to pay as little taxes as possible.
    I wouldn't say that it means he doesn't care at all about the deficit. But he sees cutting taxes as more important than cutting the deficit or keeping it from growing by way of keeping taxes high. And he's certainly right about that.

This is one of the dangers of harping on the deficit and debt. It could be taken as approval of taxation as the lesser evil.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    loveshiscountry

It's not a tax problem, it's a spending problem. Where the $#@! have you been the last 12 years?

Quote Originally Posted by loveshiscountry View Post
    It's not a tax problem, it's a spending problem. Where the $#@! have you been the last 12 years?
    It's clearly both. The US will never decrease the deficit if taxes continue to decrease, as Rand and co. would like. And as they have proven, they will continuously lie about it to get their agenda implemented. "Deficit hawks" who supported the Trump tax bill because it would "improve the economy so much net taxation would increase" are liars and hypocrites, nothing more.

loveshiscountry

It's clearly both. The US will never decrease the deficit if taxes continue to decrease, as Rand and co. would like. And as they have proven, they will continuously lie about it to get their agenda implemented. "Deficit hawks" who supported the Trump tax bill because it would "improve the economy so much net taxation would increase" are liars and hypocrites, nothing more.
    Because it is the first step to improve the economy. The second step is to lower spending. The mini depression in the early 1920s taught us that.You either believe in something or you don't.
    Rand's not the one that is hard to take seriously here, you are.

Quote Originally Posted by loveshiscountry View Post
    Because it is the first step to improve the economy. The second step is to lower spending. The mini depression in the early 1920s taught us that.You either believe in something or you don't.
    Rand's not the one that is hard to take seriously here, you are.
    Regardless of whether or not this plan would even work, Rand and his ideological allies either lied or had no idea what they were talking about, in order to pass the Trump Tax bill. This is undebatable. If they lied, they should be removed from office. If they had no idea what they were talking about, they should be removed from office. If you have to lie to the American people to reach your desired ends, perhaps you are unfit to be in Congress.

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1156958834499493888

So conservatives watch and see who votes for the spending and who gives a damn about our country....

And then we'll see once it's passed if it gets vetoed.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Regardless of whether or not this plan would even work, Rand and his ideological allies either lied or had no idea what they were talking about, in order to pass the Trump Tax bill. This is undebatable. If they lied, they should be removed from office. If they had no idea what they were talking about, they should be removed from office. If you have to lie to the American people to reach your desired ends, perhaps you are unfit to be in Congress.
    What lie did Rand tell?

This, anyone who wasn't born yesterday, dishonest or just retarded knew that congress wasn't going to cut spending. It doesn't matter what you think about the benefit of tax cut to the economy but passing a tax cut without a minimum of a spending freeze would increase the deficit. But Rand goes around with the idea that he really believed this time around that this congress would submit a budget that would lead to anything but an increase in the debt. So he votes for a tax cut and to nobody's surprise the debt grew.

I prefer Ron's take on this. He would tell you that he just wants the people to hold onto more of their own money not the foolish idea that tax cuts coupled with spending increase could ever reduce the deficit.

Yawn.

Go Figure: Federal Revenues Hit All-Time Highs Under Trump Tax Cuts

• 10/16/2018

Taxes: Critics of the Trump tax cuts said they would blow a hole in the deficit. Yet individual income taxes climbed 6% in the just-ended fiscal year 2018, as the economy grew faster and created more jobs than expected.

https://www.investors.com/politics/e...nues-deficits/

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Yawn.

Go Figure: Federal Revenues Hit All-Time Highs Under Trump Tax Cuts

• 10/16/2018

Taxes: Critics of the Trump tax cuts said they would blow a hole in the deficit. Yet individual income taxes climbed 6% in the just-ended fiscal year 2018, as the economy grew faster and created more jobs than expected.

https://www.investors.com/politics/e...nues-deficits/

And what was the federal deficit for the same year?

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    And what was the federal deficit for the same year?
    The deficit went up because spending went up, not because tax rates were reduced (revenues increased)
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Great to see dannno destroying the naysers!

Gee, I didn't realize a majority of the Republican caucus in the Senate were such liberals Where did they all come from?

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The deficit went up because spending went up, not because tax rates were reduced (revenues increased)
    Like some people above the thread have mentioned, deficit is the difference between the revenue(taxes) and spending, they go hand in hand when calculating the deficit. But spending grew by 5.44% from 2017 to 2018 compound it with tax cuts and you would end up with a deficit.

Maybe it is the increase in borrowing and spending(5.4%) that led to the increase in income tax revenue(4%)?

Adjusting for inflation, revenues did not go up. They went down. Even that Investors article linked above qualifies its claims by saying that they do not claim the tax cuts paid for themselves, only that the loss in revenue from their lower rates was partially offset by economic growth.

That said, all that's beside the point. We don't want revenue to go up, we want it to go down.

If you cut taxes and revenues go up, that means you didn't cut them enough.

If Rand did say that he expected these tax cuts to lead to increased revenue, and if he acted like that would be a good thing, then the main thing he should be criticized for is that last part of acting like increasing revenues would be a good thing.
    Last edited by Superfluous Man; 08-02-2019 at 02:22 PM.

Republicans who voted YEA on an unlimited increase in the debt ceiling:

Alexander (R-TN)
    Barrasso (R-WY)
    Blunt (R-MO)
    Boozman (R-AR)
    Burr (R-NC)
    Capito (R-WV)
    Collins (R-ME)
    Cornyn (R-TX)
    Cortez Masto (D-NV)
    Cramer (R-ND)
    Crapo (R-ID)
    Ernst (R-IA)
    Graham (R-SC)
    Grassley (R-IA)
    Hoeven (R-ND)
    Hyde-Smith (R-MS)
    Inhofe (R-OK)
    McConnell (R-KY)
    McSally (R-AZ)
    Moran (R-KS)
    Murkowski (R-AK)
    Perdue (R-GA)
    Portman (R-OH)
    Roberts (R-KS)
    Rounds (R-SD)
    Shelby (R-AL)
    Sullivan (R-AK)
    Thune (R-SD)
    Wicker (R-MS)
    Young (R-IN)
    https://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...n=1&vote=00262
    The usual RINO suspects. IIRC, I highlighted the ones who have campaigned as fiscal conservatives or Tea Party candidates. Any more?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

No worries, Trump will veto...right?
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    loveshiscountry

What lie? Cutting taxes is the way to go. So everytime their has been a tax cut the last 50 years it's been bad since spending has increased? I care more about people keeping their money than higher debt.

In before the trumpettes and shylls blame immigrants for trump signing it.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

"senators who voted for an unlimited increase in the debt ceiling are not and have no right to call themselves conservatives. So America wake up and watch the votes today."

You know Rand, I hope you have the guts enough to say this to Moscow Mitch's face but I'm not going to hold my breath to see if you will. And I doubt if McConnell is sweating you either. Maybe the Rand of people's fantasies, but not the reality.

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    In before the trumpettes and shylls blame immigrants for trump signing it.
    Generations of excessive immigration is responsible for the big government culture that gave us this kind of spending.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Paul View Post
    "senators who voted for an unlimited increase in the debt ceiling are not and have no right to call themselves conservatives. So America wake up and watch the votes today."

You know Rand, I hope you have the guts enough to say this to Moscow Mitch's face but I'm not going to hold my breath to see if you will. And I doubt if McConnell is sweating you either. Maybe the Rand of people's fantasies, but not the reality.
    Rand does more for liberty in one day than you will in your entire life.

But you aren't trying to help liberty.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    No worries, Trump will veto...right?
    Only if it doesn't spend enough

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast