Thread: Greta Thunberg To Sail Across Atlantic For UN Climate Summits

Greta Thunberg To Sail Across Atlantic For UN Climate Summits

Teenage activist to travel to US on racing yacht to cut environmental impact of travel

Greta Thunberg is to sail across the Atlantic in a high-speed racing yacht next month to attend UN climate summits in the US and Chile as part of a sabbatical year the 16-year-old Swedish climate activist will spend in the US.

“Good news! I’ll be joining the UN Climate Action Summit in New York, COP25 in Santiago … I’ve been offered a ride on the 60ft racing boat Malizia II. We’ll be sailing across the Atlantic Ocean from the UK to NYC in mid August,” Greta tweeted. The journey will take two weeks.

The campaigner, whose solo protest last year sparked the Fridays for Future global school climate strike movement, said in June she would be taking a year off school to attend the summits, on 23 September in New York and 2-13 December in Santiago, which she described as “pretty much where our future will be decided”.

But she said she did not yet know how she was going to get there. “It’s on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean,” she said. “And there are no trains going there. And since I don’t fly, because of the enormous climate impact of aviation, it’s going to be a challenge.”
    https://www.theguardian.com/environm...limate-summits

Gotta give it to the girl, she has some huge ball and most likely a true believer. All this for bankers and govts to tax their subjects. I wish I and more people were this hardcore for liberty issues

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    She sees dead people CO2.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

An Propaganda Poster Child no different from that Syrian Twitter Girl from Aleppo.

But she said she did not yet know how she was going to get there. “It’s on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean,” she said. “And there are no trains going there. And since I don’t fly, because of the enormous climate impact of aviation, it’s going to be a challenge.”
    Whose stopping the elitists like Al gore and others from using private jets?

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    An Propaganda Poster Child no different from that Syrian Twitter Girl from Aleppo.

Whose stopping the elitists like Al gore and others from using private jets?
    Very true, makes me wonder who is it that is behind her activism. Btw, if there was a rail line crossing the atlantic, would you ride it?

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Very true, makes me wonder who is it that is behind her activism. Btw, if there was a rail line crossing the atlantic, would you ride it?
    From what i digged up so far it seems i believe it would be her mother whose a Supporter of Open Borders Sweden.