Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Is It Time for America to Break Apart?

Quote Originally Posted by rpfocus View Post
    What about us that want nothing to do with either of you morons, and realize the two party system and moronic 'you're either this or that' mentality is what ruined this country?
    Until someone somewhere secedes to go it alone and at least points the way for other states to do the same so maybe there might be one that fits close to what I like, I'm kinda stuck with this, as much as I don't like it, and I vote Third party.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Until someone somewhere secedes to go it alone and at least points the way for other states to do the same so maybe there might be one that fits close to what I like, I'm kinda stuck with this, as much as I don't like it, and I vote Third party.
    The South had the Constitutional right to secede- and we all know what happened to them.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    The South had the Constitutional right to secede- and we all know what happened to them.
    So what are our options?

1) Secession - As you stated, plus a 2/3 majority and all the political wrangling that comes with that. Zero chance of it happening.
    2) Start a third party - Possible, but a lot of work and effort there too. Almost impossible to start one and be significant enough to make an impact.
    3) Elect freedom candidates - Certainly more plausible, such as Rep. Massie. This requires public education and more. How popular is freedom?
    4) Introduce a bill - Plausible, start a constitutional amendment to implement a Parliamentary System. Lots of turmoil here (Brexit)
    5) Active revolt - Seriously, it will be squashed when f-16's fly overhead and let lose.
    6) Run for office - You do you.

Please add more...This is all I got right now.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

So what are our options?

1) Secession - As you stated, plus a 2/3 majority and all the political wrangling that comes with that. Zero chance of it happening.
    A 2/3rds majority isn't required but it's still a long shot.

Sooner or later one of the options will take place.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Is it time for America to break apart?

Well, it's broken....so.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    A 2/3rds majority isn't required but it's still a long shot.

Sooner or later one of the options will take place.
    Can you think of any other options?

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Can you think of any other options?
    A military coup.

That either happens or it doesn't, we can't really do anything to make it happen.

Catastrophic collapse.

That either happens or it doesn't, we can't really do anything to make it happen.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

A military coup.

Catastrophic collapse.

Yes, two valid options certainly. I would also add this.

+) Canada, USA & Mexico merge into one country. U.A. (United Americas) as the EU is to Europe.

Yes, two valid options certainly. I would also add this.

+) Canada, USA & Mexico merge into one country. U.A. (United Americas) as the EU is to Europe.
    That would only delay the other options or maybe hasten them.

It certainly isn't an option for fixing things.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

A good start would be to repeal the 17th amendment, followed by the 16th.

No, the reason nobody takes liberty people seriously is because they like their own world. Florida and Louisiana couldn't support themselves, places like Nevada with no tax would crumble due the small state it would be, they'd need Shoshone land, and that would either be incorporated or established as another nation. Then Tohono nation would need to be independent from Mexico and Arizona, nothing is simple. Hawaii couldn't survive without the taxes.

Independence could work for one state where practical, but no in the US, it is the center of the world for the economy. Stay out of red coat, how dumb can you get, my country is dependent as the Irish are to us, or the Irish to the EU or the US.

If everyone could live a cop dependent family life with BS faith garbage telling man and woman how to be, then may be but this isn't the real world, that is garbage everyone has lived that way once, no thanks. It didn't end well for humanity. It worked then because there was no tech or fossil fuels.

Quote Originally Posted by Republicanguy View Post
    No, the reason nobody takes liberty people seriously is because they like their own world. Florida and Louisiana couldn't support themselves, places like Nevada with no tax would crumble due the small state it would be, they'd need Shoshone land, and that would either be incorporated or established as another nation. Then Tohono nation would need to be independent from Mexico and Arizona, nothing is simple. Hawaii couldn't survive without the taxes.

Independence could work for one state where practical, but no in the US, it is the center of the world for the economy. Stay out of red coat, how dumb can you get, my country is dependent as the Irish are to us, or the Irish to the EU or the US.

If everyone could live a cop dependent family life with BS faith garbage telling man and woman how to be, then may be but this isn't the real world, that is garbage everyone has lived that way once, no thanks. It didn't end well for humanity. It worked then because there was no tech or fossil fuels.
    LOL

You are delusional.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

No it is you, who is.

Keep thinking you live on an island, and nothing else affects you. And with the environment being such a problem, into the future, like the example of the Amazon rain forest, the Irish government won't vote for a trade deal with the EU to Brazil. This affects all our countries.

It isn't like the US is like the EU, it isn't, the EU is recent, and leaving is complicated from there, I doubt many countries will in the future, may be another one, but the US has a long history, and everything is interconnected, NASA is a great asset to the country, and the world.

It is like the poster who once stated on here, if there was war in Texas, I am somewhere else and it doesn't affect me, it is nonsense.

Any security threat to the UK would affect the Irish as the Irish to the UK, that is one example. With democracies, and freedom war is unlikely, but nations that turn their backs on it, will lead to countries that go to war like Argentina to the UK.

No it is you, who is.

Keep thinking you live on an island, and nothing else affects you. And with the environment being such a problem, into the future, like the example of the Amazon rain forest, the Irish government won't vote for a trade deal with the EU to Brazil. This affects all our countries.

It isn't like the US is like the EU, it isn't, the EU is recent, and leaving is complicated from there, I doubt many countries will in the future, may be another one, but the US has a long history, and everything is interconnected, NASA is a great asset to the country, and the world.

It is like the poster who once stated on here, if there was war in Texas, I am somewhere else and it doesn't affect me, it is nonsense.

Any security threat to the UK would affect the Irish as the Irish to the UK, that is one example. With democracies, and freedom war is unlikely, but nations that turn their backs on it, will lead to countries that go to war like Argentina to the UK.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why are so deluded, there is something about liberty people that they tend to have tough lives, and don't believe in any system for the common good.

The fact that no state has left means that independence has a lot of draw backs.

Even when here in the UK, the Scottish national party dodged a lot of questions. They seem to want to remain the EU.

People who think less government and more freedom is somehow the norm in life are clinging onto a fantasy. It is like the issue with the UN being so bad, it is some ways, and the ideals are a long way off. Even a former Irish TD Joseph Blowick, in 1960 saw the UN as a world parliament one day.

Why are so deluded, there is something about liberty people that they tend to have tough lives, and don't believe in any system for the common good.

The fact that no state has left means that independence has a lot of draw backs.

Even when here in the UK, the Scottish national party dodged a lot of questions. They seem to want to remain the EU.

People who think less government and more freedom is somehow the norm in life are clinging onto a fantasy. It is like the issue with the UN being so bad, it is some ways, and the ideals are a long way off. Even a former Irish TD Joseph Blowick, in 1960 saw the UN as a world parliament one day.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The fact you don't state any facts, really answers the whole idea of why it would be a bad idea for any states to leave, all the problems involved, finances.

The fact you don't state any facts, really answers the whole idea of why it would be a bad idea for any states to leave, all the problems involved, finances.
    LOL

You have stated no facts, just opinions.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Maybe if the USA broke into three countries.

West
    Rockies
    East

we could also buy Greenland and Britain is free to join too once Brexit happens.

Maybe if the USA broke into three countries.

West
    Rockies
    East

we could also buy Greenland and Britain is free to join too once Brexit happens.
    I doubt anyone wants to do that.

LOL

You have stated no facts, just opinions.
    It is true, you believe in the myth of liberty, where there is no interest in a society like that. Liberty is for people who like to think they have nobody, like Mr Koch, who isn't around anymore.

It is true, you believe in the myth of liberty, where there is no interest in a society like that. Liberty is for people who like to think they have nobody, like Mr Koch, who isn't around anymore.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Silly man you are.

Silly man you are.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I doubt anyone wants to do that.
    Heck I do, and so do those that support the California Yes Campaign. Although that is for Cali itself to secede so a little different.

And just how will the Irish and British benefit, Canada? Iceland. How would these countries benefit from no union. It is silly to think that somehow, all the problems would just vanish. Americans can't even live healthy lives where everyone gets healthcare and what they need when they are unemployed, it is just nonsense.

Vermont will still be importing crude for the gas guzzling lifestyle all of you don't want to end. Your addiction is your foreign policy, not just profiteering opportunities.

Independence is a two century old idea, with only the heart that drives it, not the brain. That is the reality of independence in today's world.

And just how will the Irish and British benefit, Canada? Iceland. How would these countries benefit from no union. It is silly to think that somehow, all the problems would just vanish. Americans can't even live healthy lives where everyone gets healthcare and what they need when they are unemployed, it is just nonsense.

Vermont will still be importing crude for the gas guzzling lifestyle all of you don't want to end. Your addiction is your foreign policy, not just profiteering opportunities.

Independence is a two century old idea, with only the heart that drives it, not the brain. That is the reality of independence in today's world.
    Nothing you said makes any sense.

Independence will allow leftist areas to implement their insane policies fully and learn how wrong they are while allowing conservative areas to be free of leftist madness and thrive.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Nothing you said makes any sense.

Independence will allow leftist areas to implement their insane policies fully and learn how wrong they are while allowing conservative areas to be free of leftist madness and thrive.
    No it wouldn't, if it weren't for taxes and government, a lot of what we have had wouldn't be around.

There is no leftist madness, just more openness about people. I sure wouldn't want to live sixty years ago. I don't know why you would want to, you aren't young.

As for no union, how would the rest of the world work?

No it wouldn't, if it weren't for taxes and government, a lot of what we have had wouldn't be around.

There is no leftist madness, just more openness about people. I sure wouldn't want to live sixty years ago. I don't know why you would want to, you aren't young.
    You can't fix stupid.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I think, you are quite crazy. You seem to be irrational about the view of society, and the world, and don't think any nation is responsible for the wider world, or that every nation is just an island.

You think the modern society is a conspiracy to keep man and woman in bondage and that every structure is there to enrich somebody else. While nobody can reform society's corruption.

I don't think you care about anywhere else, you are an islander.

You can never be taken seriously, you offer no solutions only selfish attitudes to the whole world. Just so you can keep your dole, tax money.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast