Thread: Whay are banks usually the owners of homes, but never have to pay the taxes?

Banned

Blog Entries

Whay are banks usually the owners of homes, but never have to pay the taxes?

Why do banks get to use taxpayer forces of arms, (police or Sheriffs) to enforce their so-called land rights?

Why do banks get a break, (and bailout if necessary), at every turn?

Would this happen under crony communism too? Probably.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Under crony communism it would grow worse as any current consumer protections would be eliminated .
    Do something Danke

This is ridiculous question but I will answer. Banks don't own the home. The person who buys the home owns the home and gets all of the appreciation. Appreciation isn't taxed up to 500k (which is insane given that every other asset is taxed on gains. It encourages overconsumption in housing.)

If a person borrows to buy and doesn't pay, the creditor gets the property. This is the same for every other debt. How else would it work? This is how free enterprise should work. You enter enter into a contract and if you fail to live up to it the bank gets the asset. They don't own it unless the contract is broken. The reason home loans are cheaper than credit cards is because the loan is secured by a tangible asset.

And they do pay taxes. They pay taxes on the interest which is how it works for every creditor. If you bought General Motors debt you wouldn't pay taxes on the gains in the stock. If GM defaults you would use the legal system to get their assets or if it were more economical to restructure the debt. Same with those "evil" banks.
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 07-28-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Good observation, same BS happens with cars. The dealer holds your title while you pay for all the taxes and maintenance for fore it. What a scam

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Good observation, same BS happens with cars. The dealer holds your title while you pay for all the taxes and maintenance for fore it. What a scam
    Contracts aren't scams. Nobody forces a person to get a loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Krugminator2 again."

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Yea, I was being sarcastic.

I do agree banks should not be bailed out . Depositors monies are guaranteed by the FDIC insurance the bank pays . There is no reason for the govt to be loaning tax payers monies to these .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You probably drive a nice car . Mine are owned by me but if I borrowed for one it would just be a few thousand from a local credit union .
    Do something Danke

@Danke , I think Jules is going to lend me his car next time I'm in Nebraska , can you mark the liquor stores on my Atlas ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    @Danke , I think Jules is going to lend me his car next time I'm in Nebraska , can you mark the liquor stores on my Atlas ?
    I can't condone an Injun driving, let alone drinking.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I can't condone an Injun driving, let alone drinking.
    I will refrain from drinking while driving Jules car in Nebraska . We don't know how good his insurance is .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    If you ever come to Omaha, I will personally give you my car to run around with, cant say the same for Danke

If you ever come to Omaha, I will personally give you my car to run around with, cant say the same for Danke
    I wouldn't drive around a car that smelled of fufu.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Hehe, he knows what fufu is. The error you make is thinking fufu has a smell, well it has as much smell as a plate of boiled white rice. Fufu doesn't smell but what you eat it with has a smell. Enjoy my yearly Nigerian food trivia, that might come in handy for Jeopardy one day

Hehe, he knows what fufu is. The error you make is thinking fufu has a smell, well it has as much smell as a plate of boiled white rice. Fufu doesn't smell but what you eat it with has a smell. Enjoy my yearly Nigerian food trivia, that might come in handy for Jeopardy one day
    I wouldn't drive in a car that has Nigerian immigrant smell in it either.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wouldn't drive in a car that has Nigerian immigrant smell in it either.
    I can cover the smell with "Thai lady boy underwear" fragrance

I can cover the smell with "Thai lady boy underwear" fragrance
    You admit that you have that kind of perfume?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Why do banks get to use taxpayer forces of arms, (police or Sheriffs) to enforce their so-called land rights?

Why do banks get a break, (and bailout if necessary), at every turn?

Would this happen under crony communism too? Probably.
    Even if banks did own the home instead of having a lean against it they would charge you more money to cover the cost of the taxes so this is just silly.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You admit that you have that kind of perfume?
    No, but I know where to get one. You have to be well prepared for a visit by the honorable Danke

I worked for a Somoan guy in the Army who was married to a german that did not speak good english once , he had a french last name . He would often call me a Foo Foo which I think is different ( and not complimentary ) than Nigerian fufu which I really do not care much for , I'm not really much of a soup and bread guy . When I'm in Africa I usually just eat bush meat .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    The same reason that anyone gets to use police, courts, etc to enforce any property right - nothing special about banks here.

As for taxes, if a bank owns some land, it does pay the taxes.

When it merely holds a mortgage, it doesn't own the land; it just has the right to foreclose if the owner defaults on the loan.

As for bailouts, they obviously shouldn't happen; but that's a government problem, not a problem inherent to banking.

Banking as such, sans government intervention, is a perfectly legitimate business.

banks are supported by the gov. because they push the means to control their power structure. They don't produce anything real, but reap benefits no other business does.

Quote Originally Posted by kfarnan View Post
    They don't produce anything real, but reap benefits no other business does.
    They provide the means by which people can buy things or run businesses without coming out of their own pockets with the necessary cash. They also run the risk that their loans won't be repaid, especially when the value of the collateral goes down (for more info, Google 1980's real estate crash).
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.