Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Today's Mueller Testimony The End...Or The Beginning Of Impeachment?

Is Today's Mueller Testimony The End...Or The Beginning Of Impeachment?

Is Today's Mueller Testimony The End...Or The Beginning Of Impeachment?

Today's appearance of former Special Counsel Robert Mueller before the House Judiciary Committee to discuss his report on Trump Campaign collusion with the Russian government may be a last ditch effort to make the election all about impeachment proceedings against the president. Will this strategy fall flat on its face? Is Mueller falling flat on his face? Russiagate?
    [Edit]

Highlights for those who didn’t watch. Around the 6:30 mark:

One of the reasons why I think our show is unique, I hope it's unique, is we neither love nor hate the president, we are not on Team A or Team B, Team R or Team D. We're looking at trying to look objectively as what's happening. But I think it's clear and I think if the media we're doing it’s job a little bit better ... like Representative Jordan pointed out, and a few others that this is a covert operation against the democratic election, there is no question about it. They use the dossier which was paid for by the Democratic party to dig up dirt on Trump, and use that, and they use this meeting between a very low-level Trump campaign employee with an Australian Diplomat, and say “hey we got some dirt on Hillary from the Russians”, he was fed that information. ... those two things are what spurred the launch of the probe around the 31st of July in 2016. That's what started the event you could call it spying on the campaign by the FBI. We know that the CIA was in on it, Brennan, Clapper were in on this whole thing and guess who headed up the probe was as you point out, Peter Strzok. A guy who said we will prevent him from becoming president. So this is a this is a coup, there's no other way of describing it.
    Around the 11:26 mark:

What they were doing was underming the rule of law ... this has nothing to do with Justice. And it will come out maybe later when they find out how this really got started. Maybe there will be some justice ... it just didn't turn out the way the Democrats wanted it to. They thought they can get rid of Trump, you know, in a couple of months ... they were, you know, trying to frame him for doing something that didn't exist ...
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 07-25-2019 at 02:49 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Liberals will keep crying for impeachment, but Mueller's testimony today was pathetic. He is blatantly dishonest and doesn't even seem to know what is in the report that bears his name. This only makes the abuse of government power even more obvious to the public.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Watching it uninterrupted on closed feed, and despite the selective propaganda from the left, they are getting their asses handed to them from the right and Mueller's own testiphony.
    “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

It seems strange that no questions about how the investigation started will be answered by Mueller. What drugs is Mueller on? He looks like he s about to fall out of his chair nobody asked that question either.

The leftarians must have actually watched it. The silence is golden...
    “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    The leftarians must have actually watched it. The silence is golden...
    I was about to ask where the crew is at.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    It seems strange that no questions about how the investigation started will be answered by Mueller. What drugs is Mueller on? He looks like he s about to fall out of his chair nobody asked that question either.
    The FISA warrant is being investigated, he didn't want to incriminate himself. What he says in this hearing will be used against him in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I was about to ask where the crew is at.
    Tell you what... the left got their asses handed to them with this one. Pretty hard to deny it.

Even Chris Wallace...

Fox News Anchor Chris Wallace Calls Mueller Hearing a 'Disaster' for Democrats.

Fox News Anchor Chris Wallace called former special counsel Robert Mueller’s testimony a “disaster” for Democrats on Wednesday.

Wallace’s comments come as Mueller testifies before two House committees over his investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election and potential obstruction of justice by President Trump.

The “Fox News Sunday” host told anchors Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum the hearing has been a disaster for the Democrats and the reputation of Mueller, saying the former FBI director "doesn't seem to know things that are in the report."

Mueller's testimony has been marked by stuttering and regularly asking committee members to repeat their questions. At one point, Mueller, referring to Trump, called him "Trimp." Oftentimes he looked confused and was slow to react.

Calling into account Mueller's performance, Wallace questioned the level of his involvement in the investigation.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/victor...eller-n2550539

Robert Mueller Hearing A 'Disaster' For Democrats

The Democrats wanted Robert Mueller to testify about his report on their favorite conspiracy theories, that Russia influenced the U.S. election and that Trump colluded with Russia in this.

Mueller had made clear that he did not want to testify and that all he had to say was already in his report. The Democrats insisted. But today's hearing went poorly as even their partisan followers admit:

Laurence Tribe @tribelaw - 18:30 UTC Jul 24, 2019 Much as I hate to say it, this morning’s hearing was a disaster. Far from breathing life into his damning report, the tired Robert Mueller sucked the life out of it. The effort to save democracy and the rule of law from this lawless president has been set back, not advanced.

During the hearing multiple Democrats tried to get Mueller to support an impeachment of Trump. But Mueller never gave them that gift. The Democrats should thank him for that. An impeachment process against Trump is not popular:

A July Post-ABC poll found that 37 percent of Americans support Congress beginning impeachment proceedings, while 59 percent do not, with a 61 percent majority of Democrats backing proceedings.

It is high time for the Democrats to finally bury that nonsense and to start talking about progressive politics.

Mueller seemed to be not aware of many details of the investigation done under his name.

He said he knew nothing about GPS, the company hired by the Clinton campaign to contract with MI6 agent Christopher Steele to fabricate the 'dirty dossier'. There were lots of reports about GPS in the media and Mueller missed all of them?

He refused to answer why he did not indict Joseph Mifsud, a mysterious Maltese professor who planted the claim that 'Russia has dirt on Hillary Clinton' with Trump campaign adviser George Papadopoulos. Papadopoulos later repeated that claim. The FBI then used that fact as the reason to launch its investigation against the Trump campaign. In his report Mueller claimed, without showing evidence, that Mifsud worked for Russia. That is unlikely and there is actual evidence that he worked with the British MI6.

Mifsud lied to the Mueller investigation. But unlike others witnesses who lied, Mueller never indicted him for making false statements. He punted on questions about this issue with multiple “Can’t get into that.”

He reacted similar when he was asked about Christopher Steele, the British agent who created and peddled the fake 'dirty dossier'.

There is still another Justice Department investigation ongoing that will look at the whole Russia affair from a different viewpoint. Was the FBI investigation into 'Russiagate' an illegal partisan effort to go after Trump? Who really initiate the whole 'Russiagate' campaign that seems to have been run by the British MI6? Was it John Brennan, Obama's CIA director, involved?

Little is known about that second investigation. It will hopefully come up with better evidence and results than the one Robert Mueller led.

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2019/0...democrats.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

The hype from the media was crazy before this. Polls about how many people would watch it live. This was supposed to kick off impeachment, instead they look like deranged fake news again. Another nothing burger, with a side of embarrassment for the Democrats.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The hype from the media was crazy before this. Polls about how many people would watch it live. This was supposed to kick off impeachment, instead they look like deranged fake news again. Another nothing burger, with a side of embarrassment for the Democrats.
    A few of CNN's flashes...

Live updates The former special counsel broke new ground in his sharpest comments criticizing the President’s conduct
    Happening now: Mueller says his report didn’t exonerate Trump
    Mueller counters Trump: It is not a witch hunt
    Facts first: Fact-checking the Robert Mueller hearings
    Mueller questioning: Lawmaker goes on angry tirade
    Opinion: Democrats’ home run, GOP’s Loch Ness monster
    Opening statement: Mueller clarifies earlier answer he gave
    OLC rule: Mueller and the rule on prosecuting a president

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    That's it in a nutshell. Thank God for exposing this bull$#@!.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Mueller had no clue what was in his own report. Someone else wrote it and he just rubber stamped it without ever reading it. "If that's what is in the report then I guess so". Weissman wrote this report not Mueller.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

He basically said he stands by the report but other than that, "no comment". Neither side got what they had hoped to hear.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-24-2019 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    He basically said he stands by the report but other than that, "no comment". Neither side got what they had hoped to hear.
    He also, at least 20 times had to have someone tell him, and show him where in the report the statement was they were asking questions about. It was obvious he had absolutely no familiarity before today what might be in his own report.

The GOP didn't "hope" to hear anything. They just wanted to get their questions on the record, questions most of the public had not heard prior to this. In that, they got a small victory, plus the fact the American public just isn't interested in this anymore.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    He also, at least 20 times had to have someone tell him, and show him where in the report the statement was they were asking questions about. It was obvious he had absolutely no familiarity before today what might be in his own report.
    He was trying to be accurate and go by what was written. Verify the claims they were making.

He was trying to be accurate and go by what was written. Verify the claims they were making.
    Lol, OK. I know what I saw, I watched every second of the whole thing without interruption on closed satellite news feed. I am a body language and demeanor expert and it was very obvious he had absolutely no clue what they were talking about... This was a common observation and deduction by not just myself. I was in a forum with psychologists, health care workers, lawyers and professional investigators watching it in real time. Far too obvious. Go look... They are writing about this uncomfortable reality as we speak.

You know him? Interesting....
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

I didn't watch the testimony but I'm going to guess that the Democrats still think the same things and the Republicans still think the same things.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I didn't watch the testimony but I'm going to guess that the Democrats still think the same things and the Republicans still think the same things.
    Pretty much.

Trump said he would not be watching any of the hearings but spent all day tweeting about it. 36 tweets or re-tweets today.

Trump said he would not be watching any of the hearings but spent all day tweeting about it. 36 tweets or re-tweets today.
    That’s proof he lied! Is that an impeachable offense?

That’s proof he lied! Is that an impeachable offense?
    If lying was impeachable, all presidents could be impeached- though that is what they got Clinton for. Trump constantly tweets both sides of things. He doesn't care about facts- just what makes him look good.

Highlights for those who didn’t watch the Liberty Report. Around the 6:30 mark:

One of the reasons why I think our show is unique, I hope it's unique, is we neither love nor hate the president, we are not on Team A or Team B, Team R or Team D. We're looking at trying to look objectively as what's happening. But I think it's clear and I think if the media we're doing it’s job a little bit better ... like Representative Jordan pointed out, and a few others that this is a covert operation against the democratic election, there is no question about it. They use the dossier which was paid for by the Democratic party to dig up dirt on Trump, and use that, and they use this meeting between a very low-level Trump campaign employee with an Australian Diplomat, and say “hey we got some dirt on Hillary from the Russians”, he was fed that information. ... those two things are what spurred the launch of the probe around the 31st of July in 2016. That's what started the event you could call it spying on the campaign by the FBI. We know that the CIA was in on it, Brennan, Clapper were in on this whole thing and guess who headed up the probe was as you point out, Peter Strzok. A guy who said we will prevent him from becoming president. So this is a this is a coup, there's no other way of describing it.
    Around the 11:26 mark:

What they were doing was underming the rule of law ... this has nothing to do with Justice. And it will come out maybe later when they find out how this really got started. Maybe there will be some justice ... it just didn't turn out the way the Democrats wanted it to. They thought they can get rid of Trump, you know, in a couple of months ... they were, you know, trying to frame him for doing something that didn't exist ...

Highlights for those who didn’t watch the Liberty Report. Around the 6:30 mark:
    So this is a this is a coup, there's no other way of describing it.
    The TDS brigade will avoid noticing that no matter what mental gymnastics are required.

Amash JOINED THE COUP.
    Amash JOINED THE COUP.
    Amash JOINED THE COUP.
    Amash JOINED THE COUP.
    Amash JOINED THE COUP.
    Amash JOINED THE COUP.
    Amash JOINED THE COUP.
    Amash JOINED THE COUP.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast