Thread: Online Rumors: Turkish Islamist Tyrant Erdogan Is Reported to be DEAD

Question Online Rumors: Turkish Islamist Tyrant Erdogan Is Reported to be DEAD

Just rumors, though.
    Still, just in case...

At least THREE Arab media outlets reporting Turkish President @RTErdogan dead of a heart attack. If true, this will have massive implications for #Turkey, Syria, Iraq, #NATO, Russia.https://t.co/rxGFmbB7ubhttps://t.co/e1CBNUKqamhttps://t.co/8d7xoRDZo5 pic.twitter.com/dXoAPh1b7I
    — Threat Journal (@ThreatJournal) July 22, 2019

Greek news is stating that Turkish President, Erdogan, has died of a heart attack. Is this true?
    — George Papadopoulos (@GeorgePapa19) July 22, 2019

The thing is, given that Erdogan's rule rests largely on fear and his position as a strongman who routinely arrests dissidents -- the Turkish government will have to provide proof of life shortly, lest the general public start getting rowdy.

More at: http://acecomments.mu.nu/?post=382432

Good news if true!
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Fake.
    Link?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Link?
    One of the "sources" for the tweet claims that BBC is carrying the story. They aren't.

https://news-sinaa.com/mix/5482467/%...A7%D9%87%D8%AF

"The death of Turkish President Recep Erdogan wrote: The British BBC revealed in a news story about the death
    (google translation)

https://www.bbc.com/news/world

But if you saw it on the internet I guess it must be true.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-22-2019 at 07:09 PM.

One of the "sources" for the tweet claims that BBC is carrying the story. They aren't.

https://news-sinaa.com/mix/5482467/%...A7%D9%87%D8%AF

(google translation)

https://www.bbc.com/news/world
    That doesn't prove it is fake, it just means one source made a mistake.

We'll see if this ends up being true or not.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Fake News.

Rumor Spreading on Social Media: Turkish President Erdogan Suffered Heart Attack, Died

By David Sidman July 22, 2019 , 11:57 am

so that in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, the ark came to rest on the mountains f Ararat Genesis 8:4 (The Israel Bible™)

President of Turkey Recep Tayyip Erdogan (Facebook)

It was falsely reported that Turkish president Rediep Tayyip Erdogan died following a heart attack on Monday reports Alraees News. He is currently 65 years old. Doctors were reportedly fighting to save his life. The site “Arab Turk” quoted a presidential source saying that the rumors of his death are “unfounded.”

https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/1...-up-his-death/
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Fake News.

Rumor Spreading on Social Media: Turkish President Erdogan Suffered Heart Attack, Died

By David Sidman July 22, 2019 , 11:57 am

so that in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, the ark came to rest on the mountains f Ararat Genesis 8:4 (The Israel Bible™)

President of Turkey Recep Tayyip Erdogan (Facebook)

It was falsely reported that Turkish president Rediep Tayyip Erdogan died following a heart attack on Monday reports Alraees News. He is currently 65 years old. Doctors were reportedly fighting to save his life. The site “Arab Turk” quoted a presidential source saying that the rumors of his death are “unfounded.”

https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/1...-up-his-death/
    Not a very authoritative source.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not a very authoritative source.
    Says the man citing Laura Loomer and a couple online tweets.

Says the man citing Laura Loomer and a couple online tweets.
    I posted the RUMOR with a question mark icon and a title proclaiming it a rumor and I have not insisted he is dead, pardon me if I ask for more from someone who proclaims it as a certainty that he isn't.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/NuceCiwanEn/stat...26663730761728

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Is he still dead? He was out making speeches today.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/no-...erdogan-145214

96th year of Lausanne Treaty celebrated

Turkey on July 24 marked the 96th anniversary of the signing of the Treaty of Lausanne, a landmark pact recognizing the modern Turkish state.

Signed on July 24, 1923, the Treaty of Lausanne is regarded as the final treaty concluding World War I and which secured the foundation of the modern Republic of Turkey after the War of Independence against the occupying forces of Britain, France, Italy and Greece. The treaty recognized the boundaries of Turkey as well as the conditions under which non-Muslim minorities would live in the new republic.

“Today, we are proud to celebrate the 96th anniversary of the signing of the Treaty of Lausanne, the founding document of the Republic of Turkey,” said Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan in a statement on July 24.

“The Turkish War of Independence was fought against the world’s strongest armies and was crowned with the Treaty of Lausanne, the seal of independence of our country,” Erdoğan said.

“The Republic of Turkey, like a century ago, today also has the strength and determination to eradicate any threat directed towards her independence, survival, the peace and security and safety of her citizens,” he said.

Erdoğan also stressed that Turkey’s recent steps in the eastern Mediterranean and northern Syria - including drilling for natural resources and counter-terrorism operations - clearly demonstrate its determination to protect the rights of both the Republic of Turkey and Turkish Cyprus. “No threat of sanctions, either covert or overt, can deter Turkey from her just cause,” he said.

“With these thoughts, on the 96th anniversary of the Treaty of Lausanne, I commemorate once again the founding father of our Republic Veteran Mustafa Kemal, our noble martyrs, and our veterans with respect and gratitude,” Erdoğan added.

The Treaty of Lausanne was signed in the city of Lausanne in Switzerland. The original text of the treaty is in French. It was the result of a second attempt at peace after the failed Treaty of Sčvres, which was signed by all previous parties, except the Kingdom of Greece, but later rejected by the Turkish national movement who fought against the previous terms and significant loss of territory.

The Treaty of Lausanne ended the conflict and defined the borders of the modern Turkish Republic. In the treaty, Turkey gave up all claims to the remainder of the Ottoman Empire and in return the Allies recognized Turkish sovereignty within its new borders.

Just rumors, though.

Good news if true!
    How is that:

A. You defended the brutal Isluamist dictator/Kushner pal implicated in torture/dismembering of WaPo Journalist (and likely in various other beheadings / oppressions/ torture of political prisoners etc ) but

B. Call this elected leader 'tyrant' who is one of few leaders to speak out against crimes against humanity and oppression of Palestinains by racially motivated medieval religoius nuts?

A + B don't add up.

Kerry to Rap Turkey PM Ergodan for Zionism 'Crime Against Humanity' Comments

Are you aligned with John Kerry on this?

BTW have you made similar 'good news' wishes for suspected War Criminal Netanyahu?

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    How is that:

A. You defended the brutal Isluamist dictator/Kushner pal implicated in torture/dismembering of WaPo Journalist (and likely in various other beheadings / oppressions/ torture of political prisoners etc ) but

B. Call this elected leader 'tyrant' who is one of few leaders to speak out against crimes against humanity and oppression of Palestinains by racially motivated medieval religoius nuts?

A + B don't add up.

Kerry to Rap Turkey PM Ergodan for Zionism 'Crime Against Humanity' Comments

Are you aligned with John Kerry on this?

BTW have you made similar 'good news' wishes for suspected War Criminal Netanyahu?
    I did not defend MBS, I attacked the other side because they were just as bad and seemed to be lying, I routinely cheer for the fall of the Saudi regime, I even have a thread dedicated to it.

I would be just as happy to see Netanyahu fall as well.

Stop lying about my positions.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Is he still dead? He was out making speeches today.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/no-...erdogan-145214
    No video and an old picture.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Need an official photo, like the one of Osama bin Laden's kosher Muslim burial at sea.

https://www.malaymail.com/news/malay...rdogan/1774542

Dr M arrives in Ankara for Muslim world meet with Erdogan

Malaysian Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad arrives at the Esenboga Airport in Ankara, Turkey July 25, 2019. — Bernama pic

Malaysian Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad (left) has a chat with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan in Ankara July 25, 2019. — Bernama pic

ANKARA, July 25 — Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad arrived here last night for the first official visit of his current term, to a warm reception by Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan himself.

The prime minister and his entourage arrived at the Esenboga Airport at around 8pm, welcomed by the Turkish Industry and Technology Minister Mustafa Varank, and the Governor of Ankara Vasip Sahin.

They were joined by Foreign Minister Datuk Saifuddin Abdullah, and the Malaysian ambassador to Turkey Datuk Abd Razak Abdul Wahab.

Erdogan met Dr Mahathir for a quick private chat ahead of the official event scheduled later today as befitting the status of the visit that was upgraded to a national level.

The prime minister was later welcomed by the International Trade and Industry Minister Darell Leiking and the Malaysian delegate at his hotel.
    More at link.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-24-2019 at 07:16 PM.

That picture doesn't return any results on a reverse image search, it may be new.
    If so then he is probably alive but he probably did have a health emergency and they didn't know if he was going to pull through until now.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That picture doesn't return any results on a reverse image search, it may be new.
    If so then he is probably alive but he probably did have a health emergency and they didn't know if he was going to pull through until now.
    Just arrived in the last couple hours. A different image:

https://www.tccb.gov.tr/en/news/542/...ir-bin-mohamad

President Erdoğan meets with Prime Minister of Malaysia Tun Dr. Mahathir bin Mohamad

President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan met with Prime Minister of Malaysia Tun Dr. Mahathir bin Mohamad, who is in Turkey for an official visit, at Ankara Esenboğa Airport.
    Yahoo using same images as first ones I posted: https://sg.news.yahoo.com/dr-m-arriv...235031743.html
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-24-2019 at 07:27 PM.