Thread: Netflix dumps US market.

Netflix dumps US market.

In a surprising move Netflix, Inc. announced late Thursday it is abandoning the US market by the end of the year. The official reason is being quoted as a dispute between Netflix and the major carriers.
    Last edited by timosman; 07-19-2019 at 01:31 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Most of the movies are foreign anyway .
    Do something Danke

good !
    fem and obamya

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

They just need more politically manipulative programming. If people could see how woke they are, subscribers will flock to the platform. ...If they dont, they're racist, sexist, homophobes - and they dont need to serve that market anyhow.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Most of what we like is on Amazon Prime and YouTube TV anyway.
    Do something Dodgers.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    In a surprising move Netflix, Inc. announced late Thursday it is abandoning the US market by the end of the year. The official reason is being quoted as a dispute between Netflix and the major carriers.
    If it was true I could care less. I have had the service for something like 9 years and was planning on canceling since I only use it once a month now. It used to be every day. The original stuff is all SJW, kids and comic book crap. They totally ruined what was unique about the service.

Netflix Makes It Clear That They Are Not Sponsoring Boston’s Controversial Straight Pride Parade
    https://www.inquisitr.com/5538309/ne...-pride-parade/
    “We are appalled at the hateful and bigoted email issued by Netflix. By their highly irresponsible statements they effectively demonstrate the serious need for our civil rights movement. We believed that they would jump at the opportunity to become involved.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Netflix"
    Our legal department is here, it’s q u e e r, and it’s telling you to steer clear,”
    @Bryan, my profanity filter is off but if I type the Q word in that last sentence it gets censored. Why is the Q word considered profanity?
    Last edited by kahless; 07-19-2019 at 10:21 AM.

My quality of life is actually quite a bit better without the services of Netflix and their ilk.

All I need is an antenna and MeTV.

Actually, I could get by just fine without that as well.
    "Every post is about Hillary and pedophilia. I love them both soooo much!!!!!!!" Zippyjuan

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Link? Nothing in the news. Fake news?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Link? Nothing in the news. Fake news?
    They are losing money hand over fist in the US market so they are moving toward a more global market. That was the news. tim is exaggerating.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

They lost some subscribers (126,000- first loss ever) in the US but still seem to be making plenty of money. Higher prices possibly responsible for some of those gains/ losses. 2.7 million subscribers were added globally. US market getting saturated and Netflix facing competition from other sources.

https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/c...x/gross-profit

Netflix gross profit for the quarter ending March 31, 2019 was $1.650B, a 17.86% increase year-over-year.
    Netflix gross profit for the twelve months ending March 31, 2019 was $6.077B, a 48.93% increase year-over-year.
    Netflix annual gross profit for 2018 was $5.827B, a 59.21% increase from 2017.
    Netflix annual gross profit for 2017 was $3.66B, a 42.22% increase from 2016.
    Netflix annual gross profit for 2016 was $2.573B, a 17.6% increase from 2015.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-19-2019 at 12:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

Netflix was a junk stock pumped by buffet . They will never get my thin dime . If I want to watch gays and cartoons I could go to the mall in seattle or something.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    They lost some subscribers (126,000- first loss ever) in the US but still seem to be making plenty of money. Higher prices possibly responsible for some of those gains/ losses. 2.7 million subscribers were added globally. US market getting saturated and Netflix facing competition from other sources.

https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/c...x/gross-profit

Ikea is closing its only US furniture factory . Hopefully trump will banish them .
    Do something Danke

More and more, the big dogs in streaming are going to be Hulu and Amazon, not Netflix. They're going to be investing less in originals, they're going to be losing The Office and Friends by next year and they've lost 17 billion in valuation in a day. They canceled their Marvel series, The Witcher is unproven as a TV series and they can't put the whole company on Stranger Things. That's the only culturally relevant series they have now.

Not only that, but piracy is going to see a major comeback after a relative lull over the past decade or so. Too many companies are going to over-saturate the streaming market. People might pay for 1-4 streaming services, but most won't pay for 7-12. Especially since piracy is easier than ever.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

This is big news , I mean really big in my view, I cut them off a couple yrs ago and use Prime now, but
    they did have the Trailer Park Boys which was the best sit com in the history of the world, they say not
    that Gas or gas something is the biggest in Canada, if that's true , they are a bunch of fuuchking morons,
    cause Trailer Park has them down a million to one.

What pissed me off about Net was they kept showing me sht I never wanted to see advertised, movies that is,
    its the same with prime now, they need a button that says ; '' NEVER EVER SHOW ME THIS FKG POS 'AVAILABLE' MOVE AGAIN.
    NEVER.

See the problem is, you have to look through the same 10 billion listings every nite , wade through then , whereas they
    should never force them on you again.

I guess what I object to is some of the revisionist crap they keep trying to get me to watch, and subject matter
    as well that , hey , I don't gv a fk , get it, so give me a button so I can say NEVER AGAIN show me this listing.

Ok , I'm going to go outside now a punch myself in the nuts, I'm that pissed off...........