Thread: Rand Paul & Mike Lee blasted by Jon Stewart

Rand Paul & Mike Lee blasted by Jon Stewart

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/jon-stew...tue-signaling/

The headline says it all.

Jon Stewart, 9/11 First Responder John Feal Blast Rand Paul, Mike Lee: ‘Fiscal Responsibility Virtue Signaling’

Jon Stewart and 9/11 first responder John Feal joined Fox News’ Bret Baier Wednesday night to react to the latest developments concerning the legislation to reauthorize the 9/11 victims compensation fund.

Senator Rand Paul blocked the Senate from approving the legislation through unanimous consent, saying, “It has long been my feeling that we need to address our massive debt in this country. Any new program that’s going to have the longevity of 70, 80 years should be offset by cutting spending that’s less valuable.”

The Washington Post reports that Senator Mike Lee has also “placed a hold on the legislation”:

Stewart went off on Paul’s “fiscal responsibility virtue signaling,” remarking upon the timing of Paul standing up “after 15 years of blood, sweat, and tears” and saying they’ll “balance the budget on the backs of the 9/11 first responder community.”

Feal called both senators “opportunists” and “bottom-feeders” and that their statements don’t hold water with him.

“You can’t cherry-pick and choose when you want to be a conservative fiscal hawk, that’s just insulting to our intelligence. And shame on them. They lack humanity, they lack leadership,” he continued.

Feal said they met with Lee months ago and his staff “swore up and down they were not going to get in the way of this,” adding, “Mike Lee, you’re a liar.”

If we can't even face the fact that cuts need to be made how in the world are we going to trim 70 trillion dollars of debt?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Fiscal responsibility virtue signalling" - Wow! its hopeless trying to educate people. Bring on the collapse.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Randal called Stewart out good in his interview with Cavuto.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    "Fiscal responsibility virtue signalling" - Wow! its hopeless trying to educate people. Bring on the collapse.
    I always find it hilarious when liberals use the term virtue signalling when they themselves always virtue signalling on most of the issues.

If Stewart cares so much about 9/11 first responders maybe he should start his own charity.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

isnt this fugger rich?

he cant cut them a check till this is sorted out?
    im broke
    take it from rich ashoes like him and his wall street bankster brother...
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    isnt this fugger rich?

he cant cut them a check till this is sorted out?
    im broke
    take it from rich ashoes like him and his wall street bankster brother...
    Because in no way would these guys ever approve of a 70+ year term project, with NO budget and just signed blank checks in their name.
    But that is exactly what they expect congress to rush through.

Ugh!

"Cavuto Live" covering this (11:30 am). Neil Cavuto with a panel of three uninformed yappers repeating the same dishonest cliches, pretending Rand Paul is actually against the bill! Essentially, "Rand Paul has a point - but he's a virtue signaling jerk! Blah, blah, CANCER! He should come see cancer patients dying!". Neil Cavuto, weak in telling Paul's side - very weak about refuting the bogus statements being made by panel of ignorant virtue signalers.

Jenna Ellis Reeves - Trump 2020 Advisory Board Member
    Kept claiming to agree with Rand Paul's point but was only there to bash him for emotional reasons. ("John Stewart really has a point" because he's "SO emotional... this was a great unifier! ... this shouldn't be a partisan issue... That [John Stewart's leftism) should not be the reason he's objecting [It's not, you dolt!] It shouldn't be a partisan effort... Suddenly we don't have the money? He needs to be consistent"

Nathan Rubin - Millenial Politics
    "I agree with what Jenna said... This is very emotional to a lot of people... ME... He voted for the 1 trillion dollar tax cut... it's a drop in the bucket. Not once do we see these deficit hawks put their hand up and say , I don't think we need to raise the military budge by hundreds of billions of dollars!" [INFURIATING TURD!]

Joe Borelli - (R) NYC Councilman
    "That's my biggest problem, that Rand Paul won't have the gumption or the intestinal fortitude to actual say he's opposed to this, opposed to the spending. [Because he's NOT opposed to it, you $#@!!] I heard him dismiss John Stewart as some backward liberal, but I want Rand Paul to come to Staten Island. Come to the neighborhood where I live. Come meet the families who lost brothers... sons...my neighbor... etc... I was with the fire unions the day before this happened... Some of these people are already dead!" (A real politician (panderer)!)

Clearly they're ALL desperate to rip Rand apart, make him out to be a monster and a hypocrite. Rabid virtue-signaling on their part!

Media's insistence on hyping this mis-guided "manufactured crisis" is their reaction to the possible "threat" of Rand Paul resolving problems with Iran and preventing another war!
    --------
    EDIT
    Mod, maybe this thread should be merged with with this other one?
    "Sens. Mike Lee, Rand Paul are holding up 9/11 victims fund"
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...31#post6831631
    Last edited by Valli6; 07-20-2019 at 01:02 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    If Stewart cares so much about 9/11 first responders maybe he should start his own charity.
    Exactly what I was thinking, and he can give away his millions too!

This whole process just reinforces how much politics and political journalism is just a circus. It's just about soundbites and drama that people feed off of for personal entertainment.

Trump -- the reality TV star -- is a perfect representative for this system. The pro-State types hate him but he is the perfect embodiment of what it takes to make it to the top of the government apparatus.
    "The president does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack...that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." "Attack Libya UPDATE 8/13: and Syria"

"We can track down terrorists without trampling on our civil liberties.... the federal government will only issue warrants and execute searches because it needs to, not because it can." "Need to murder UPDATE 8/13: and track citizens" ~ Barack H. Obama

you know what will fix this?

infinite
    fake
    "money"

some taxes will apply
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Disgusting! So much dishonesty!

Quote Originally Posted by Libertea Party View Post
    Jon Stewart calls Rand Paul 'scallywag' and 'ragamuffin'
    Stewart and his fellow clown, TOTALLY IGNORE THE LEGAL PROCESS which must be adhered to to write, fund, vote on, amend or pass any bill!

Are they really this ignorant or are they putting on an act for propaganda purposes? They refuse to address any of Rand Paul’s points, preferring to address a simpler, imaginary argument about first responders - which Rand Paul never made! Everyone in the media is taking the same, ignorant attitude!

They appear oblivious to the concept of “unanimous consent” voting - never even mentioned it - much less acknowledged how it is abused! (It's not a description of the vote count, it's specific process which prohibits any additional input.) Of course, the general public are also uninformed about the process - and all celebrities enjoy playing hero! (ME! ME! SUPER COMPASSIONATE ME!)

Then, they pretend that an office meeting with Rand Paul and Mike Lee - “a conversation” - was all that was necessary to address funding! As if, by their own decree - without any input from the rest of congress - it could’ve just magically appeared in the bill BEFORE they voted to use the “unanimous consent” process (disallowing amendments!) and could then pass it immediately.

This is what true fiscal responsibility requires! It demands that you keep your head, ALWAYS ADDRESS THE FUNDING using knowledge and intelligence - while every one else is virtue-signaling - afraid of being called names by the sleazy propagandists who view them as opponents, towards whom hatred must be perpetually directed!
    Last edited by Valli6; 07-25-2019 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Randal called Stewart out good in his interview with Cavuto.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Q.F.T.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Stewart and his fellow clown, TOTALLY IGNORE THE LEGAL PROCESS which must be adhered to to write, fund, vote on, amend or pass any bill!

Are they really this ignorant or are they putting on an act for propaganda purposes? They refuse to address any of Rand Paul’s points, preferring to address a simpler, imaginary argument about first responders - which Rand Paul never made! Everyone in the media is taking the same, ignorant attitude!

They appear oblivious to the concept of “unanimous consent” voting - never even mentioned it - much less acknowledged how it is abused! (It's not a description of the vote count, it's specific process which prohibits any additional input.) Of course, the general public are also uninformed about the process - and all celebrities enjoy playing hero! (ME! ME! SUPER COMPASSIONATE ME!)

Then, they pretend that an office meeting with Rand Paul and Mike Lee - “a conversation” - was all that was necessary to address funding! As if, by their own decree - without any input from the rest of congress - it could’ve just magically appeared in the bill BEFORE they voted to use the “unanimous consent” process (disallowing amendments!) and could then pass it immediately.

This is what true fiscal responsibility requires! It demands that you keep your head, ALWAYS ADDRESS THE FUNDING using knowledge and intelligence - while every one else is virtue-signaling - afraid of being called names by the sleazy propagandists who view them as opponents, towards whom hatred must be perpetually directed!
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

I have mixed views on the program itself.

There's nothing wrong in principle with government compensating its employees.

...assuming they're being employed to do a job the government should be doing, such as policing or (arguably) firefighting.

Even if it's more than required under their contract, that can be good management (like a Christmas bonus).

Regardless, there's absolutely nothing wrong with seeking an offset from all the other totally unjustifiable spending.