Thread: Dalai Lama Says Refugees Should Go Back Home

Dalai Lama Says Refugees Should Go Back Home

eventually.

(May need to put on Closed Captioning CC - it's in the first 2 minutes)
    Last edited by dannno; 07-18-2019 at 08:13 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Updated statement from the Dali Lama:

https://www.dalailama.com/news/2018/...about-refugees

His Holiness the Dalai Lama's Response to a Question about Refugees

September 17, 2018

Recent reporting of His Holiness the Dalai Lama’s views on refugees has been taken out of context.

Kindly see His Holiness’s response to a question about refugees during his public talk in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, on 16 September 2018.

Answer:

"When refugees from other countries have come to Europe, it’s wonderful that Germany and other European countries have given them help. However, I think that most of those refugees think of their own lands as home, but just now there is lots of killing, bullying and suffering there. That’s why they escaped.

So, in the short term, European countries should provide them with shelter, and should particularly provide children with facilities for education and training, including mechanical training, for the young people. The aim is that they should eventually be able to return to rebuild their own countries. That has been my view right from the beginning.

"For example, we Tibetans took shelter in India, but most Tibetans want to return to Tibet when the situation there has changed. Each country has its own culture, language, way of life, and it is better for people to live in their own country. That is my view."
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-18-2019 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Asked if refugees should be allowed to stay in Europe, the Dalai Lama responded,

Limited number… OK. But whole Europe eventually become Muslim country? Impossible. Or African country. Also impossible… They themselves, I think better to their own land. Better. Keep Europe for Europeans.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

He also said if the next Dalai Lama is female, she should be hot.

Vaidyanathan also asked the Dalai Lama about a statement he made in 2015, that a female Dalai Lama “must be attractive. Otherwise it’s not much use.” When Vaidyanathan cited the quote, the Dalai Lama laughed, “Yes.” He then doubled down on his remarks.

“If female Dalai Lama comes, then she should be more attractive. If female Dalai Lama,” he pantomimed unattractiveness by scrunching up his face, “Oh, oh… Then people, I think prefer not see her, that face.”
    https://www.lionsroar.com/dalai-lama...ale-successor/

(previous post updated to include entire statement from the Dali Lama claiming his words are being taken out of context).

Dalai Lama: Europe Will Turn 'Muslim Or African' If Migrants Not Returned "To Their Own Land" - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-Own-Land-quot