Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another B.C. woman forced out of business in transgender male-genitalia waxing case

Another B.C. woman forced out of business in transgender male-genitalia waxing case

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/an...a-waxing-case/

7/17/2019

A mother and business owner was forced to end her Brazilian waxing business after being taken to the B.C. Human Rights Tribunal for refusing to wax a transgender woman’s male genitalia.

Maria Da Silva, who is an immigrant from Brazil operated the business out of her home where her small children also live. Da Silva claims she refused to perform the procedure on the claimant, Jessica Yaniv, due to safety concerns raised by her husband and alleged harassment on Yaniv’s part and not because of the claimant’s identity.

Yaniv, who was formerly known as Jonathan Yaniv, has taken fifteen other B.C. women to the tribunal for refusing to wax her male genitalia citing discrimination based on gender identity and is seeking financial compensation. Many of the woman are of East Asian ethnicity and have English as their second language.

During Wednesday’s tribunal proceedings Da Silva claims that the incident directly led to her shutting down her business and losing it as a source of income for her family.

“Some of my clients have been very significantly affected on a personal level. [Another client also] closed her business, she has been depressed, anxious, sleepless and that has gone on for a period of many many months,” said her representative and Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms lawyer, Jay Cameron.

“It is a very serious thing to launch a human rights complaint against a person. My clients are people. They have a right to make a living and this has interfered with their livelihood, but also you have the stigma of being associated with this hanging over you.”

Cameron told the tribunal judge that many of Yaniv’s claims specifically target women from ethnic and religious minorities and that the procedure to perform a wax on male genitals is different than those performed on a vulva.

According to Yaniv, estheticians should be obliged to provide a service like waxing to a female-identifying trans person and religious and cultural views should not interfere with the ability to access a service.

“The people that discriminated against me are forcing their beliefs on society,” said Yaniv, who is representing herself, while cross-examining her own mother who she called as a witness to the tribunal.

During Wednesday’s hearing a publication ban on the case was also lifted. The presiding tribunal member cited public interest and the claimant’s own online activity about the case as the reason to remove it.

“I don’t think that somebody making complaints to the scale that the complainant is making should be able to hide behind a publication ban and then publicly discuss the cases online,” said Cameron.

“My perspective is that the tribunal came to the right decision and I think that’s part of the open court process.”

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

"...wax her male genitalia..."
    Sigh.

So, take the children to a sitter, have some burly security people standing by, and do the procedure as it would be done in a woman. “Sorry, ma’am. Did that hurt?”
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

"...wax her male genitalia..."

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Sigh.
    This kind of BS is one reason I can't subscribe to the NAP, this dude needs his pansy ass beat right out of town.

Too bad Canukatopia is all about being PC and welcoming.

Sucks to be them.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    This kind of BS is one reason I can't subscribe to the NAP, this dude needs his pansy ass beat right out of town.
    Waxing would be more painful.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Back in the closet.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/rickygervais/sta...01740740403201

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    https://twitter.com/rickygervais/sta...01740740403201

https://twitter.com/TitaniaMcGrath/s...11003562848256

He watched Doberman's sister one too many times?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That weirdo looks like a pedo. Whom no doubt prey on little children.

https://summit.news/2019/07/23/trans...ing-interview/

Trans Activist Who Demanded Women Shave Male Genitalia Hangs Up When Challenged During Interview

“Are those women not protected?”

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

"You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

This thread needs the Honkler

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    This thread needs the Honkler

Maria Da Silva, who is an immigrant from Brazil
    So white trans queeer man beats colored migrant female.

PC Poker.

Got it...bunch of $#@!ing weirdos.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

The walls appear to be closing in on Jessica Yaniv. After initially making a name for him/herself for filing human rights complaints against female aestheticians who refused to wax his/her genitals, Yaniv has become more famous — or, rather, infamous — as of late for allegedly sexually preying on women and especially young girls.
    And now, at least one of his alleged victims has come forward with further disturbing charges against Yaniv:
    A young woman has come forward with serious allegations of abuse against Jonathan “Jessica” Yaniv.https://t.co/z43rlUSUnv
    — The Post Millennial (@TPostMillennial) July 23, 2019
    According to the Post Millennial, the alleged victim, 20-year-old Jessica Rumpel, was 14 when Yaniv’s inappropriate conduct allegedly began.
    BREAKING: Jessica Rumpel, @HyperJesserz, the young woman who J. Yaniv engaged in inappropriate sexual behaviours with when she was between the ages of 14 and 15, has confirmed she has filed a child exploitation report against Yaniv with CyberTip on the incidents. pic.twitter.com/e2oiT8iUOl
    — Anna Slatz (@YesThatAnna) July 23, 2019
    I spoke to the very brave @HyperJesserz, who was just 14 YEARS OLD when she met J. Yaniv. She revealed all about Yaniv's inappropriate and disturbing sexual behaviour towards her.
    She spoke out because she wants to stop Yaniv's abuses once and for all.https://t.co/gy1Jateia3

More at: https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/20...assment-began/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The walls appear to be closing in on Jessica Yaniv. After initially making a name for him/herself for filing human rights complaints against female aestheticians who refused to wax his/her genitals, Yaniv has become more famous — or, rather, infamous — as of late for allegedly sexually preying on women and especially young girls.
    And now, at least one of his alleged victims has come forward with further disturbing charges against Yaniv:
    A young woman has come forward with serious allegations of abuse against Jonathan “Jessica” Yaniv.https://t.co/z43rlUSUnv
    — The Post Millennial (@TPostMillennial) July 23, 2019
    According to the Post Millennial, the alleged victim, 20-year-old Jessica Rumpel, was 14 when Yaniv’s inappropriate conduct allegedly began.
    BREAKING: Jessica Rumpel, @HyperJesserz, the young woman who J. Yaniv engaged in inappropriate sexual behaviours with when she was between the ages of 14 and 15, has confirmed she has filed a child exploitation report against Yaniv with CyberTip on the incidents. pic.twitter.com/e2oiT8iUOl
    I spoke to the very brave @HyperJesserz, who was just 14 YEARS OLD when she met J. Yaniv. She revealed all about Yaniv's inappropriate and disturbing sexual behaviour towards her.
    She spoke out because she wants to stop Yaniv's abuses once and for all.https://t.co/gy1Jateia3

More at: https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/20...assment-began/
    LOL.. those elmo clips were too much..

I like how we went from "bake my cake bigot" to "wax my walls bigot" in such a short amount of time.

Whats next?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I like how we went from "bake my cake bigot" to "wax my walls bigot" in such a short amount of time.

Whats next?
    Mandatory sex lotteries.

You will be assimilated.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Whats next?
    Let me sodomize your 8 year old, bigot.

You think I'm kidding...
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

You think I'm kidding...
    I don't think you're kidding. That's likely going to happen. I'm just wondering how many years we'll have to wait until it starts being a thing.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

You think I'm kidding...
    Then everyone will be forced to participate in "sexual communism".

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't think you're kidding. That's likely going to happen. I'm just wondering how many years we'll have to wait until it starts being a thing.
    Less than 20 years, given current trajectories.

Can such people who claim to be female explain why it's their top priority take other women to court?

Also, maybe the case should be made for Single Payer Government Based healthcare to fund hormone therapy and sex reassignment surgery after all. Then require people like Yaniv go all the way in the reassignment process. Even call it their prerequisite "Right" before having other such Trans-sexual rights.

Then they'll get the real wax job.

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    Can such people who claim to be female explain why it's their top priority take other women to court?

Also, maybe the case should be made for Single Payer Government Based healthcare to fund hormone therapy and sex reassignment surgery after all. Then require people like Yaniv go all the way in the reassignment process. Even call it their prerequisite "Right" before having other such Trans-sexual rights.

Then they'll get the real wax job.
    Or we can just tell them to go back in the closet where they belong.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Less than 20 years, given current trajectories.
    Johnson and Johnson does a creepy website on baby massage featuring the pedo spirals

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Waxing would be more painful.

Indeed. I bought a professional wax heater/wax set to do my brow and took my skin off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast