Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Educators Work to Eradicate ‘Racism’ from Math

Exclamation Educators Work to Eradicate ‘Racism’ from Math

Educators Work to Eradicate ‘Racism’ from Math

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/...ism-from-math/

TOM CICCOTTA 17 Jul 2019

Leftist educators around the nation are campaigning to eradicate “racism” and “whiteness” from math curricula.
    According to a report from The College Fix, American educators are hard at work to remove what they call bigotry and “whiteness” from mathematics education.

This mode of thinking about an innocuous subject matter like mathematics is far more mainstream than most realize. The National Council of Teachers of Mathematics hosted a webinar last year that argued that “mathematics becomes a social justice tool that empowers students to mathematically recognize and address oppression they see in their own world.”

It doesn’t end there. A popular Medium post on the same topic from 2018 argues that “math was never neutral” and that American students only learn about Isaac Newton because he was white.

“Calculus was a monumental achievement and deserves to have authorship recognized with Newton. But more students encounter the work of Brahmagupta than Newton,” the post reads, “but, what if it wasn’t Newton that discovered calculus? What if it was Japanese scholar Seki Takakazu? We will never know. But the bigger idea is why couldn’t this be a possibility? Do we not want to be dislodged from the entrenched Western narrative?”

Chapman University Education Professor Cathery Yeh shared a research article earlier this year on Twitter that argues that math education often acts as a gateway to “transphobia” and “genderism.”

The article argues that elementary students must have their math lessons infused with a “social justice” theoretical framework.

But what about elementary mathematics? This paper describes the theoretical frames and gives an example of social justice-oriented mathematics with elementary-age students. We share the process of analyzing published K-6 mathematics curriculum as an entryway to engage in investigations that raise students’ awareness of social issues and to develop their mathematical power and sense of self as mathematics thinkers and doers.

Breitbart News has written extensively about the rise in usage of the term “whiteness,” which is used as a broad diagnosis of the allegedly immoral behaviors, attitudes, and beliefs of American white people.

Stay tuned to Breitbart News for more updates on this story.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If this $#@! isn't stopped we'll be entering into a new "dark ages".
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    If this $#@! isn't stopped we'll be entering into a new "dark ages".
    Pretty sure that's the point of all this nonsense.

A new "Dark Age" would kill billions.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Educators Work to Eradicate ‘Racism’ from Math

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/...ism-from-math/

TOM CICCOTTA 17 Jul 2019

Leftist educators around the nation are campaigning to eradicate “racism” and “whiteness” from math curricula.
    According to a report from The College Fix, American educators are hard at work to remove what they call bigotry and “whiteness” from mathematics education.

This mode of thinking about an innocuous subject matter like mathematics is far more mainstream than most realize. The National Council of Teachers of Mathematics hosted a webinar last year that argued that “mathematics becomes a social justice tool that empowers students to mathematically recognize and address oppression they see in their own world.”

It doesn’t end there. A popular Medium post on the same topic from 2018 argues that “math was never neutral” and that American students only learn about Isaac Newton because he was white.

“Calculus was a monumental achievement and deserves to have authorship recognized with Newton. But more students encounter the work of Brahmagupta than Newton,” the post reads, “but, what if it wasn’t Newton that discovered calculus? What if it was Japanese scholar Seki Takakazu? We will never know. But the bigger idea is why couldn’t this be a possibility? Do we not want to be dislodged from the entrenched Western narrative?”

Chapman University Education Professor Cathery Yeh shared a research article earlier this year on Twitter that argues that math education often acts as a gateway to “transphobia” and “genderism.”

The article argues that elementary students must have their math lessons infused with a “social justice” theoretical framework.

But what about elementary mathematics? This paper describes the theoretical frames and gives an example of social justice-oriented mathematics with elementary-age students. We share the process of analyzing published K-6 mathematics curriculum as an entryway to engage in investigations that raise students’ awareness of social issues and to develop their mathematical power and sense of self as mathematics thinkers and doers.

Breitbart News has written extensively about the rise in usage of the term “whiteness,” which is used as a broad diagnosis of the allegedly immoral behaviors, attitudes, and beliefs of American white people.

Stay tuned to Breitbart News for more updates on this story.
    Mathematics was one of my Majors. When lectured about its origins, that had to be one of the most fascinating lectures I have ever received by a professor.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Theres no such thing as math being racist. I don't even think math even knows what racism is.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 07-17-2019 at 06:14 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Mathematics was one of my Majors. When lectured about its origins, that had to be one of the most fascinating lectures I have ever received by a professor.
    Proof you are a racist.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Proof you are a racist.
    Why, cause I like Asian chicks who are good at Math?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

''It doesn’t end there. A popular Medium post on the same topic from 2018 argues that “math was never neutral” and that American students only learn about Isaac Newton because he was white.''

So they don't want to expose students to Brilliant men of history , unless they were black , how many Black Isaac Newtons or Albert Einsteins
    have come from Black Communities ?
    Is this the 'everyone gets a prize' mentality , promote racism against whites, reward blacks/non whites, penalize whites for the color of their skin.... right......

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why, cause I like Asian chicks who are good at Math?
    More proof you are a racist.
    You assume they are good at math and you take advantage of minorities.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Mathematically speaking , does this same group of liberals intend to charge non whites the extra
    electricity it takes to light up a classroom when it's not all white ?

A hot Asian Chic good at math, I'd hit it, is that racist ?

Not an assumption, just experience.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Numbers are sizeist. The numbers 1 and 0 fat shames people into thinking they either have to be pencil-thin or perfect ovals.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    A hot Asian Chic good at math, I'd hit it, is that racist ?
    What color is your skin?

I take your avatar to mean you are a white supremacist.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Not an assumption, just experience.
    So you have been making them do your math for you?

That's probably slavery.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Asians are good at math. Most of them didn't have calculators growing up so they learned how to do math the hard way.

Similarly, black people are better at sports because they grew up running from the police.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What color is your skin?

I take your avatar to mean you are a white supremacist.
    I'm guessing that the Stratovarious was not designed in Africa , so yea I guess that would raise a red flag........
    My skin is pretty medium , out in the sun a lot.

: )

I'm guessing that the Stratovarious was not designed in Africa , so yea I guess that would raise a red flag........

You are probably a racist, I would need to see a photo to say for sure.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

This is idiotic. And will fail.

You are probably a racist, I would need to see a photo to say for sure.
    lol , who am I trying to kid, I voted Trump , and have my dining room wallpapered in Isaac Newton / Ben Franklin...........

''It doesn’t end there. A popular Medium post on the same topic from 2018 argues that “math was never neutral” and that American students only learn about Isaac Newton because he was white.''

So they don't want to expose students to Brilliant men of history , unless they were black , how many Black Isaac Newtons or Albert Einsteins
    have come from Black Communities ?
    Is this the 'everyone gets a prize' mentality , promote racism against whites, reward blacks/non whites, penalize whites for the color of their skin.... right......

American Inventors
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    Thank the Lord that this isn't revisionist blst designed to attempt to put Blacks on
    on the level of Einsteins and Newtons per capita ..........

2+2 no longer adds up to a bigger welfare check
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Theres no such thing as math being racist. I don't even think math even knows what racism is.
    Oh no, every good white boy can tell you that the only reason why 2+2=4 is because math is a big white nationalist conspiracy to suppress minorities. Otherwise it equals whatever that 4 wants it to be. It can be a black 4, a Hispanic 4, a 4 with a lisp, a 4 that even though it may had been born a 4, it actually is a vowel on the inside and is just waiting for the right time to come out. <SARCASM>

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Not sure about the Stratovarious, but Stratovarius (the power metal band) was “designed” in Finland.

A Stradivarius would come from Italy...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

#phuKyou!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    #phuKyou!
    This^^^^^^^^^

math racist???... bunch of horse$hit!

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

The first two letters of math are the first two letters of man/male. Sexist

If you turn the M in math upside down, it's a W...as in white. Racist.

Also Arithmetic is derived from an Aryan word which roughly translates discipline of the pure-race.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    The first two letters of math are the first two letters of man/male. Sexist

If you turn the M in math upside down, it's a W...as in white. Racist.

Also Arithmetic is derived from an Aryan word which roughly translates discipline of the pure-race.
    Black people use math also.

- Kim Kardashian

Right, the Pythagorean Theorem and Avogadro's Number. How the hell did they do that? How the heck do you figure out the number of atoms in a Mole.
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 07-18-2019 at 12:12 AM.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast