Thread: Rand Paul lashes out at McConnell

Rand Paul lashes out at McConnell

The tax treaties Rand held up for years have finally passed but Rand was not happy with Mitch:

The Senate Foreign Relations Committee has voted to advance the treaty updates on multiple occasions in the past. But the main obstacle for years to ratifying the agreements has been Paul — who has objected to the Senate approving them unanimously, meaning the chamber needed to devote floor time to the treaties.

Paul said he supports the gist of the treaties but has expressed concerns that information-sharing provisions will infringe upon taxpayers’ privacy rights.

The treaties contain provisions “that would violate the fundamental right to be free from unreasonable search,” he said on the Senate floor Tuesday.

Paul said that he’s been working with the Trump administration to negotiate more privacy protections, and criticized McConnell for scheduling votes on the treaties while those negotiations were ongoing.

“This process has been severely damaged and short-circuited by the Republican leader, choosing to push this forward and destroy the negotiations that we were having at the time,” Paul said.

McConnell responded to Paul’s comment on Wednesday.

“I don’t know why the senator believes he was close to a breakthrough after his years of effort,” the majority leader, who is up for reelection next year, said on the Senate floor. “Hope springs eternal, I suppose.”

The majority leader said that Paul has tried to persuade people of his ideas for years, but has not convinced people “partly because the changes he demanded don’t solve a real problem, partly because they would have forced reopening the treaties for even more negotiations, and partly because everybody else was actually listening to the job creators who have been pleading with us for years to get this millstone off their necks.
    https://thehill.com/policy/finance/4...n-for-business

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Will Rand endorse this turd for reelection again?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    You know the answer to that one Matt. And its the reason your disillusioned.

I stand with Rand here.
    Last edited by samforpaul; 07-18-2019 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post

I hope not, but I don't know if Mitch even has any opposition at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by samforpaul View Post
    I hope not, but I don't know if Mitch even has any opposition at this point.
    A Kentucky farmer, ex-Marine wants to challenge Mitch McConnell in 2020 US Senate race

LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Kentucky Democrats will have more options on next year's ballot when deciding who should take on Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell in 2020.

Provided by Gannett Co., Inc.Farmer and retired Marine Mike Broihier, a first-time candidate, entered the race Thursday with a three-minute advertisement that calls on voters to forget their labels.

“It's time to retire Mitch McConnell," Broihier said in an interview with the Louisville Courier Journal this week. "We have to do it to restore our democracy, and I've been warned about what he's capable of doing, but it doesn't scare me."

The spot features a diverse group of Kentuckians holding tiny chalkboards with different slurs and descriptions, such as "baby killer" and "hillbilly" and "*****."
    "Labels are powerful things," Broihier says in the ad. "For 35 years, Mitch McConnell has used labels to reinforce old prejudices, divide us, to maintain his grip on power."

Broihier, 57, is a Wisconsin native who moved to the Bluegrass State in 2005 after he and his wife, Lynn, also a retired Marine officer, bought a 75-acre farm in Lincoln County. He said the two have raised grass-fed beef, pastured poultry, pigs and sheep on their farm.

Since living in Kentucky, he has worked as a reporter and editor for The Interior Journal, a small town newspaper which is the third-oldest such publication in the state.

Former Marine Amy McGrath, who has gained the most national attention, has been in the race since last week. She is the presumed frontrunner in the race given her support from party leaders and various major groups such as VoteVets.

McGrath has already raked in more than $5 million, but she stumbled in the first days of her race after saying she would have voted to confirm Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.

Those missteps have spawned concern among many progressive voters and Democratic officials, such as Rep. John Yarmuth, who say that there should be a contested primary election next year.

Other Democrats who are thinking about running include sports radio host Matt Jones, state Rep. Charles Booker, of Louisville, and House Minority Leader Rocky Adkins, of Sandy Hook.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ace/ar-AAEvRGJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    A Kentucky farmer, ex-Marine wants to challenge Mitch McConnell in 2020 US Senate race

LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Kentucky Democrats will have more options on next year's ballot when deciding who should take on Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell in 2020.

Provided by Gannett Co., Inc.Farmer and retired Marine Mike Broihier, a first-time candidate, entered the race Thursday with a three-minute advertisement that calls on voters to forget their labels.

“It's time to retire Mitch McConnell," Broihier said in an interview with the Louisville Courier Journal this week. "We have to do it to restore our democracy, and I've been warned about what he's capable of doing, but it doesn't scare me."

The spot features a diverse group of Kentuckians holding tiny chalkboards with different slurs and descriptions, such as "baby killer" and "hillbilly" and "*****."
    "Labels are powerful things," Broihier says in the ad. "For 35 years, Mitch McConnell has used labels to reinforce old prejudices, divide us, to maintain his grip on power."

Broihier, 57, is a Wisconsin native who moved to the Bluegrass State in 2005 after he and his wife, Lynn, also a retired Marine officer, bought a 75-acre farm in Lincoln County. He said the two have raised grass-fed beef, pastured poultry, pigs and sheep on their farm.

Since living in Kentucky, he has worked as a reporter and editor for The Interior Journal, a small town newspaper which is the third-oldest such publication in the state.

Former Marine Amy McGrath, who has gained the most national attention, has been in the race since last week. She is the presumed frontrunner in the race given her support from party leaders and various major groups such as VoteVets.

McGrath has already raked in more than $5 million, but she stumbled in the first days of her race after saying she would have voted to confirm Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.

Those missteps have spawned concern among many progressive voters and Democratic officials, such as Rep. John Yarmuth, who say that there should be a contested primary election next year.

Other Democrats who are thinking about running include sports radio host Matt Jones, state Rep. Charles Booker, of Louisville, and House Minority Leader Rocky Adkins, of Sandy Hook.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ace/ar-AAEvRGJ
    Pushing a Demoncrat again.

LOL

It's hard to find someone worse than McConnell....................Unless you look at Demoncrats.

Your cover is well and truly blown.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    You know the answer to that one Matt. And its the reason your disillusioned.
    There is zero excuse to endorse Mitch this time around.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thomas Massie should run against McConnell...
    McConnell is one of the worst RINO's in the senate!

Pushing a Demoncrat again.

LOL

It's hard to find someone worse than McConnell....................Unless you look at Demoncrats.

Your cover is well and truly blown.
    Not surprised that you love the Nancy Pelosi clone Mitch "the Bitch" McConnell, because... R.

Not surprised that you love the Nancy Pelosi clone Mitch "the Bitch" McConnell, because... R.
    I want him replaced with someone better, you want him replaced with someone much worse, you are a Demoncrat LARPing as a libertarian to elect Demoncrats who are the absolute worst enemies of liberty in the country.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 07-19-2019 at 03:56 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    Thomas Massie should run against McConnell...
    McConnell is one of the worst RINO's in the senate!
    You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Sammy again.
    I would love to see that too, I leave it to Massie to decide whether he is better off keeping his house seat but I wish he would run and beat McConnell.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I want him replaced with someone better, you want him replaced with someone much worse, you are a Demoncrat LARPing as a libertarian to elect Demoncrats who are the absolute worst enemies of liberty in the country.
    I'm NOT a Democrat nor a Republican, hate them both equally. It's one party with two fake news wings.

I'm NOT a Democrat nor a Republican, hate them both equally.
    Sure.

That's why you keep promoting the worse ones. (Demoncrats)

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment