Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ICE Raids Begin In New York As Feds Ramp Up Random Roundups

ICE Raids Begin In New York As Feds Ramp Up Random Roundups

At least two immigration raids were conducted in New York neighborhoods on Saturday, just one day after President Trump said Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents would begin a nationwide roundup of people living illegally in the United States, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Federal ICE agents canvased homes in the Harlem section of Manhattan as well a Brooklyn's Sunset Park neighborhoodaccording to the Journal's source - who added that despite being turned away by many for lack of a warrant, the agency plans to return to Sunset Park tomorrow.
    A spokeswoman for ICE in New York said that the agency won’t offer specific details related to enforcement operations. “As always, ICE prioritizes the arrest and removal of unlawfully present aliens who pose a threat to national security, public safety and border security,” the spokeswoman said.
    The attempted raids in New York come as Democratic city officials and community activists across the U.S. have been mobilizing for the planned roundup. -Wall Street Journal
    This marks the second time plans for ICE raids have been leaked - the first of which has been blamed on Acting Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan and resulted in the cancellation of the planned raids.
    "They’re going to take people out and they’re going to bring them back to their countries" said Trump on Friday, adding that the raids would focus on criminals - and that agents would "take criminals out, put them in prison, or put in them in prison in the countries they came from."
    The White House did not confirm the raids, but noted that there are more than one million people living in America illegally and in violation of court-ordered deportations.
    "It is time for these people to go home," said one administration official, who added that the roundups aren't new - and in fact occurred during the Obama administration.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...andom-roundups
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/few-sig...gration-raids/

Few signs of expected mass immigration raids

The nationwide crackdown on illegal immigrants the Trump administration said were going to start Sunday didn't materialize, reports CBS News' Laura Podesta. There were few reports of unusual activity by immigration agents.

The New York Times said instead of one massive, simultaneous sweep, the operation by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement will be carried out as a series of smaller raids, spread out over several days.

The Reuters news service cited Mary Bauer, legal director of the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) as saying there were no confirmed operations in large southern cities such as Atlanta. Reuters quoted her as saying, "Immigrants and immigrant communities all over the country are in hiding and people are living in these terrified, terrorized ways, because that is the point of this whole action, whether enforcement actions take place or not."
    No millions being rounded up. Even the 2,000 number may not be reached.

paper
    tiger
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Yet another program announced with heuge fanfair which fades out into a whimper. Trump will still manage to declare victory somehow though.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ice...riminal-aliens

Acting CBP commissioner says ICE raids 'overhyped and over-politicized': Criminal aliens are top priority

<snip>

Speaking on "Fox & Friends" Monday, Morgan said he doesn't like to refer to the targeted enforcement operations as "raids," arguing that they're part of what ICE does each day.

"A lot of this was overhyped and over-politicized," said Morgan, who previously served as acting ICE director and was Border Patrol chief in the final months of the Obama administration.

He said the enforcement operations will go after criminal aliens as the top priority, meaning those who entered the U.S. illegally and have since committed additional crimes. Morgan said undocumented immigrants who received "due process" and were ordered removed by a U.S. judge will also be targeted.

"We have to go after those individuals and enforce the rule of law," he said, pushing back against the idea that thousands of people will be rounded up at once.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-15-2019 at 03:52 PM.

Looks like these were a total bust. Trump's racist tweets just a way to keep white nationalists on his side after completely failing on immigration. He's just too incompetent to change the immigration system.

Quote Originally Posted by DDE View Post
    Looks like these were a total bust. Trump's racist tweets just a way to keep white nationalists on his side after completely failing on immigration. He's just too incompetent to change the immigration system.
    Oh jeez, not another one..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

The real raids will begin when the leaker is removed.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Oh jeez, not another one..
    Yup, this one is a ChiCom.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Yup, this one is a ChiCom.
    Nope. Are you a non college educated rural dweller who never learned high school level calculus?

The White House did not confirm the raids, but noted that there are more than one million people living in America illegally and in violation of court-ordered deportations.
    Lol, way, way more than a million.
    "The Patriarch"

Nope. Are you a non college educated rural dweller who never learned high school level calculus?
    Ha ha ha ha, a "educated" douchebag has graced us with his presence.
    "The Patriarch"

When I hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth coming from the left and the news (yes, I know I'm being redundant), and the violence commences in earnest I will believe it. Not until.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    When I hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth coming from the left and the news (yes, I know I'm being redundant), and the violence commences in earnest I will believe it. Not until.
    This is just as good for the time being:

The Department of Justice (DOJ) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced a new rule Monday indicating that migrants who cross the southern border are not eligible for asylum unless they apply in the first safe country they enter.

The rule, which only applies to prospective claims and will be finalized Tuesday, would effectively torpedo the current flood of asylum seekers, which consists mainly of Central American migrants who cross through multiple countries before reaching the U.S.

More at: https://dailycaller.com/2019/07/15/b...country-enter/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

This is just as good for the time being:

The Department of Justice (DOJ) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced a new rule Monday indicating that migrants who cross the southern border are not eligible for asylum unless they apply in the first safe country they enter.

The rule, which only applies to prospective claims and will be finalized Tuesday, would effectively torpedo the current flood of asylum seekers, which consists mainly of Central American migrants who cross through multiple countries before reaching the U.S.

More at: https://dailycaller.com/2019/07/15/b...country-enter/
    That is something that should have been done a long time ago, we're discussing something else entirely.
    "The Patriarch"

That is something that should have been done a long time ago, we're discussing something else entirely.
    I know but I believe the raids will come too and this is evidence for that in my opinion.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Open Border is what you leftists everywhere as in Europe want so badly.

Allan West says Pelosi should be put in prison for aiding illegals. Other anons think Trump launched the recent raids not to nab illegals but to make the left overtly oppose the enforcement of law, in aid of Cabal and its ilegals, so they can be charged later.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

What racist tweets /////
    Fo

I was under the impression that NY was like a sanctuary state.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Ha ha ha ha, an "educated" douchebag has graced us with his presence.
    ^fixed it for you.

U.S. President Donald Trump said on Monday that raids over the weekend aimed at immigrants who had been ordered deported were "very successful" even though much of the activity was not visible to the public.Trump had vowed to launch mass deportation roundups over the weekend, causing immigrants and their advocates to brace for large numbers of arrests, but by Sunday evening there were only reports of low-profile operations in a few cities.
    "The ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) raids were very successful," Trump told reporters at a White House event. "People came into our country illegally ... Many were felons. Many were convicted of crimes."
    "Many, many were taken out on Sunday - you just didn't know about it. ... It was a very successful day but you didn't see a lot of it. ... Every person taken out had papers and we had court orders," Trump added

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/trump-says-we...172115959.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    2021?

Not too far off but I have taken more scalps than anyone you will ever meet .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Not too far off but I have taken more scalps than anyone you will ever meet .
    Don't mess with oyarde!

Thanks for the concern.

Ike managed it, we can too.

Call up the National Guard and use the FBI etc.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Thanks for the concern.

Ike managed it, we can too.

Call up the National Guard and use the FBI etc.
    Lol, sure.
    "The Patriarch"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast