Thread: Kelly Craft

Kelly Craft

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KKC.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	10.9 KB 
ID:	6647

Kelly Dawn Knight Craft (née Guilfoil; born February 24, 1962) is an American political donor and diplomat who is currently serving as the United States Ambassador to Canada, the first woman to hold that post. She was appointed by President George W. Bush as a U.S. alternate delegate to the United Nations in 2007, where her focus included U.S. engagement in Africa. She was a delegate to the 2016 Republican National Convention from Kentucky. She headed Kelly G. Knight LLC, a business advisory firm based in Lexington, Kentucky.

On May 2, 2019, Craft's nomination to be the U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations was officially sent to the United States Senate after President Donald Trump announced his intention to nominate her on February 22, 2019.

Craft was born in 1962, the daughter of the late veterinarian Dr. Bobby Guilfoil and Sherry Dale Guilfoil. Her father was a Democratic Party activist who once served as chairman of the Barren County, Kentucky Democratic Party.

Political Involvement and Donations

Craft has been described as a generous donor to political candidates.

In 2004, Craft was a prominent supporter of George W. Bush, who appointed her an alternate delegate to the United Nations in 2007. As part of the delegation, her responsibilities included advising the UN ambassador on US/Africa policy.

In 2016, Craft and her husband donated millions of dollars to candidates for the 2016 Republican nomination for president. Prior to donating more than $2 million to Donald Trump's campaign, the couple supported Marco Rubio. Craft and her husband, Joe Craft, have strongly supported Mitch McConnell. McConnell in turn urged Trump to nominate Craft as Ambassador to Canada.

Craft served on the board of trustees of her alma mater, the University of Kentucky, for a term beginning August 2016, but resigned to accept the Canadian ambassadorship a year later.

U.S. Ambassador to Canada

On June 15, 2017, Craft was nominated by President Donald Trump to become the United States Ambassador to Canada. She was confirmed by the United States Senate by voice vote on August 3 and assumed office on October 23.

In her first week as U.S. Ambassador to Canada, Craft said in an interview with CBC News that when it comes to the scientific consensus on climate change she believes in "both sides of the science."

According to a June 2019 report in Politico, Craft was frequently absent from her Ottawa post during her tenure as Ambassador. During a 15-month period, she took 128 flights between Ottawa and the United States, the equivalent of a round trip per week. 70 of the trips either had Lexington, Kentucky as the origin or destination of her trips, which raised questions as to whether the trips were for personal reasons. The Trump administration did not provide records of how many days Craft was present in Ottawa; per State Department rules, an Ambassador may only spend 26 work days away from a post. Craft does not make her schedules available.

U.N. Ambassador

On February 22, 2019, Craft was nominated by President Donald Trump to replace Nikki Haley, who had resigned the previous year, as his envoy to the United Nations. The first replacement choice, Heather Nauert, withdrew her nomination. The United States Senate received Craft's nomination from the White House on May 2, 2019. During a Senate hearing on June 19, 2019, Craft said that she would continue to fight anti-Israel bias in the United Nations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelly_Craft
    Last edited by PAF; 07-12-2019 at 08:58 AM.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Her husband runs the best darn coal company around, it'll be the last one standing.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Her husband runs the best darn coal company around, it'll be the last one standing.
    I'm probably mistaken, but I thought the OP was about Kelly Craft, not her 3rd husband.

As long we don't call attention to Israel First and the UN, I guess I am good with that.

Last edited by PAF; 07-12-2019 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    I'm probably mistaken, but I thought the OP was about Kelly Craft, not her husband.

As long we don't call attention to Israel First and the UN, I guess I am good with that.

So what’s the point? She is pretty low profile, what is the controversy?

You are not confusing her with the wife of Robert Kraft are you?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I'm probably mistaken, but I thought the OP was about Kelly Craft, not her 3rd husband.
    Israel isn't something I obsess about. I generally don't think about that $#@!stain country unless somebody else brings it up. But I thought this thread was about Kelly Craft, not Israel. My comment was more on topic than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    So what’s the point? She is pretty low profile, what is the controversy?

You are not confusing her with the wife of Robert Kraft are you?

Reading is fundamental. Well, the way I was taught, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Israel isn't something I obsess about. I generally don't think about that $#@!stain country unless somebody else brings it up. But I thought this thread was about Kelly Craft, not Israel. My comment was more on topic than yours.

Reading is fundamental. Well, the way I was taught, anyway.

She supported Marco Rubio? Is that the point you are trying to make?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If I recall correctly, she was the one who read off all of the delegate tallies at the RNC in 2012 and made sure to omit Ron Paul's name from ever being read off whether knowingly or unknowingly. Not a face that brings many warm or fuzzy feelings.

I think she starts reading off the delegate counts at around the 7:05 mark

She supported Marco Rubio? Is that the point you are trying to make?
    No.

The point of the thread was to perhaps keep folks informed. You know, like all of the other thousands of threads here on the forum.

Sorry Kelly, I hope I did not offend you OR your 3rd hubby!

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    If I recall correctly, she was the one who read off all of the delegate tallies at the RNC in 2012 and made sure to omit Ron Paul's name from ever being read off whether knowingly or unknowingly. Not a face that brings many warm or fuzzy feelings.

Oh, no. Heaven forbid, don't even go there, bro. Some of the folks in this thread might go after you.

Bump

https://youtu.be/9SOryJvTAGs

Oh, no. Heaven forbid, don't even go there, bro. Some of the folks in this thread might go after you.
    Bump
    "The Patriarch"

And apparently you win at PAFs unstated trivia game.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    She’s a good little neocon swamp servant. Everyone is so shocked they can’t even respond.

And apparently you win at PAFs unstated trivia game.

She’s a good little neocon swamp servant. Everyone is so shocked they can’t even respond.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Thank God she's only the ambassador to Canada. Imagine if Trump appointed neocons to important positions!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thank God she's only the ambassador to Canada. Imagine if Trump appointed neocons to important positions!
    Least shes not the ambassador to the UN.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I am not even convinced ambassador to canada is a real job .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I am not even convinced ambassador to canada is a real job .
    Well, she gets paid......
    "The Patriarch"