Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boris Johnson Has Already Won The UK PM Election

Boris Johnson Has Already Won The UK PM Election

Johnson is headed for a landslide victory based on votes already cast. Hunt can't win even if he gets 100% of the rest.

Unlike a general election, held on a single day plus a variable number of postal votes, a conservative party election is entirely postal. The voting period ends July 22.

On the basis of votes already cast, the Conservative Home Page says "Johnson has Won Already".
    Today, our survey shows Johnson on 72 per cent and Hunt on 28 per cent. We have varied the standard question and added one to ask whether or not respondents have already voted. Seventy-one per cent of respondents say that they have done so
    If the survey is accurate, it would be reasonable to assume, on the evidence available at the moment, that Johnson will win somewhere between 67 per cent and 72 per cent of the vote.
    And if the survey is correct, Johnson has won this contest already. Even if the entire 28 per cent of those who haven’t voted yet opt for Hunt, he cannot catch the front-runner.
    In conclusion, our surveys and YouGov’s poll last weekend are all singing the same song. Johnson has won.
    The 67-72% prediction takes into consideration a You-Gov poll last week that had Johnson at 67% and Hunt at 29%.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...remaining-vote
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ministers' discomfort with serving under Boris Johnson have manifested in a series of resignations in recent days.
    And on Monday, one of Johnson's longtime enemies within the Conservative Party became the latest to resign and try to be a thorn in Johnson's side, and possibly even scuttle hiswell-laid path to No. 10.
    In a letter to Prime Minister Theresa May, Sir Alan Duncan resigned his post as foreign office minister, saying it was "customary" for ministers to step aside upon the changing of a PM, and added that it would free to "express my views" ahead of May leaving office.
    May accepted Duncan's offer and thanked him for his "distinguished" service.
    NEW: Exchange of letters between PM and Sir Alan Duncan who resigned as Foreign Office Minister today. pic.twitter.com/thbPHcOI3V
    — Joe Pike (@joepike) July 22, 2019
    Though many still refuse to believe that Brexit, or a no-deal Brexit, is even possible...

...Duncan immediately tried calling for a vote that, through a series of technicalities, would have amounted to a de facto confidence vote in Johnson.
    But Duncan was stymied by Speaker John Bercow, who blocked his bid.
    But even if enough support for the next leader was registered in the vote, it might have exposed how shaky a Johnson government would be.
    Here’s the motion Duncan wanted a vote on... pic.twitter.com/n1SyeVZtbC
    — Laura Kuenssberg (@bbclaurak) July 22, 2019
    For the nerds out there and @PaulTwinn on his lounger, it was to be an SO 24
    If Johnson (still hypothetical remember) didn't have the numbers in the Commons, then he would not have become PM... I know it's 2019, but it's still pretty extraordinary that a Tory wants to give the Commons the opportunity to stop the next Tory leader getting into Number 10
    5. Last thought on this for now - this move is clearly not something Duncan dreamt up overnight - and that may be the worrying thing for Team Johnson - there are MP s who know their way around the system extremely well who won't be on his side
    In an interview with the BBC, Duncan said he wanted the Commons to hold an effective confidence vote in Johnson on Tuesday, after Johnson is declared the new Tory leader, but one day before he is sworn in as PM. Some saw the maneuver as a long-time critic trying to undercut Johnson, but Duncan insisted he wanted Johnson's government to succeed.
    But, Duncan argued, this would be the first time in living memory where a minority government changes PM mid-term. To avoid a "constitutional crisis," Duncan said he thought it was important to establish that Johnson had the confidence of the Commons.
    Recent polls show Johnson is expected to defeat his rival, Jeremy Hunt, by a landslide.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...-even-official

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

its going to be announced tomorrow... exciting stuff. Will Brexit finally be delivered? The enemies of freedom are great.

Zippy will not be pleased. He was backing the Remainer Hunt.

^^^^^^
    I'm not pleased with Johnson either, but then again I don't favour Jeremy Hunt...

As expected, Bullingdon Boy Boris Johnson has won in a landslide with 92,153 votes (66%), compared to Jeremy Hunt’s 46,656.
    Turnout was 87.4% among 159,320 Conservative party members.

Boris will now become British Prime Minister (as the ultimate replacement of Bullingdon Boy David Cameron).
    Johnson has once again promised to finally get Britain out of the EU.

Donald Trump tweeted in celebration “He will be great!”: https://www.theguardian.com/politics...prime-minister

See the 1987 Bullingdon Club with 2) David Cameron and 8) Boris Johnson.

This is the same Boris Johnson, who was fired from The Times for falsifying a quotation.

This is also the same Boris Johnson, who in a 1990 telephone conversation promised his friend Darius Guppy Stuart Collier's private address, so he could be beaten up.
    When this scandal was published in 1995, Boris simply denied that he gave the information; he wasn’t even fired from his job at The Daily Telegraph: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6782656
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

He is good at telling people what they want to hear. He is not as good as making decisions and sticking with them. Now the hard work will begin- trying to deal with Brexit. He claims he will negotiate a better deal than May but the EU says they are done negotiating. That will probably mean a "hard Brexit"- leaving with no deal. The border between Ireland and Northern Ireland will be closed to free travel of people and goods and their current tariff free status with the EU will be subject to WTO tariffs- currently I think three percent on everything.

I'm rooting for hard Brexit; let them teach themselves a lesson.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    He is good at telling people what they want to hear. He is not as good as making decisions and sticking with them. Now the hard work will begin- trying to deal with Brexit. He claims he will negotiate a better deal than May but the EU says they are done negotiating. That will probably mean a "hard Brexit"- leaving with no deal. The border between Ireland and Northern Ireland will be closed to free travel of people and goods and their current tariff free status with the EU will be subject to WTO tariffs- currently I think three percent on everything.
    Hard Brexit is what they should have done in the first place and the Ireland border doesn't have to be a problem, the Good Friday agreement was in place before the UK and Ireland were in the EU.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Johnson was against Brexit before he was for it. He will say or do anything to get elected.

https://eu-rope.ideasoneurope.eu/201...-what-he-said/

Does Boris Johnson remember what he said?

Who knows what Boris Johnson really believes, least of all him?

He previously said “what most people in this country want is the single market”, and he would personally vote to remain a member of it.

He told the BBC Andrew Marr Show in 2012: ″We would like a new relationship. And it’s very simple – what most people in this country want is the Single Market, the Common Market.”

In the same year, he told BBC Radio Five Live, “Whether you have an in/out referendum now, I can’t quite see why it would be necessary.”

He added that the prospect of Britain’s withdrawal from the EU would not “appeal”.

Mr Johnson asked, “Suppose Britain voted tomorrow to come out: what would actually happen?”

He continued:

“We’d still have huge numbers of staff trying to monitor what was going on in the community, only we wouldn’t be able to sit in the council of ministers, we wouldn’t have any vote at all. Now I don’t think that’s a prospect that’s likely to appeal.”

In The Telegraph in May 2013, Boris Johnson wrote that if Britain left the EU, “we would have to recognise that most of our problems are not caused by Bwussels” [sic].

In his article, titled ‘Quitting the EU won’t solve our problems, says Boris Johnson,’ he responded that, “the question of EU membership is no longer of key importance to the destiny of this country”.

Mr Johnson added that he supported an EU referendum – but warned that Britain’s problems will not be solved by simply leaving the EU as many of his Conservative colleagues apparently believed.

The then Mayor of London asserted:

“If we left the EU, we would end this sterile debate, and we would have to recognise that most of our problems are not caused by ‘Bwussels’, but by chronic British short-termism, inadequate management, sloth, low skills, a culture of easy gratification and underinvestment in both human and physical capital and infrastructure.”

He added:

“Why are we still, person for person, so much less productive than the Germans? That is now a question more than a century old, and the answer is nothing to do with the EU. In or out of the EU, we must have a clear vision of how we are going to be competitive in a global economy.”

On February 21 2016 – four months before the referendum – Mr Johnson stunned the then Prime Minister, David Cameron, by announcing he was joining the campaign for Britain to leave the European Union.

Winston Churchill’s grandson, Sir Nicholas Soames, immediately Tweeted: “Whatever my great friend Boris decides to do I know that he is NOT an outer.”

Just two weeks previously, Mr Johnson had written in his Telegraph column:

“It is also true that the single market is of considerable value to many UK companies and consumers, and that leaving would cause at least some business uncertainty, while embroiling the Government for several years in a fiddly process of negotiating new arrangements, so diverting energy from the real problems of this country – low skills, low social mobility, low investment etc – that have nothing to do with Europe.”

Just before deciding to back the Leave campaign, Mr Johnson also penned a pro-Remain column for the Telegraph in which he wrote that Britain’s continued membership of the EU would be a “boon for the world and for Europe”.

Johnson wrote of the EU: “This is a market on our doorstep, ready for further exploitation by British firms. The membership fee seems rather small for all that access. Why are we so determined to turn our back on it?
    More at link.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-23-2019 at 06:32 PM.

On Trump (like Trump he was born in New York and had US citizenship- he since gave it up just two years ago over a dispute by the IRS if he owed them any taxes https://money.cnn.com/2017/02/09/new...hip/index.html ):

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-24-2019 at 02:19 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/sta...34356569317376

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Boris is planning an anmesty:

IMMIGRANT WARNING Boris Johnson warned over planned amnesty for 500,000 illegal immigrants
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9586740/boris-johnson-illegal-immigrants-amnesty/

Oh dear.. we need an operation wettback, not an amnesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Boris is planning an anmesty:

IMMIGRANT WARNING Boris Johnson warned over planned amnesty for 500,000 illegal immigrants
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9586740/boris-johnson-illegal-immigrants-amnesty/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Boris Johnson: Relationship with Trump will be 'sensational', says top diplomat

Relations between the UK and the US are going to be "sensational" now Boris Johnson is in Downing Street, America's ambassador to the UK has said.

Woody Johnson told the BBC the two had a lot in common in their leadership style and desire to "get things done".

He played down the PM's criticism of Mr Trump when he was London mayor, when he called him "stupefyingly ignorant".

And he said a no-deal Brexit would not affect the UK's ability to strike a trade deal with the US.

The US president has welcomed Mr Johnson's rise to power, saying he would do a "great job" and even suggesting he was "Britain Trump".

A supporter of Brexit, Mr Trump was critical of former Prime Minister Theresa May's negotiations with the EU.

There have also been tensions over climate change and the US president's views on race and immigration, while a recent row over the leaking of British diplomatic cables led to the resignation of Sir Kim Darroch, the UK's ambassador in Washington.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49125925

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I do not trust Boris Johnson, I dunno who I trust but watching his performance during and after the brexit vote brought up some red flags. I hope I am wrong but something tells me that he is more of the same.

Its still funny to me how he looks so much like Trump. It's like theres a secret society out there where all of its members look a certain way.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Its still funny to me how he looks so much like Trump. It's like theres a secret society out there where all of its members look a certain way.
    Maybe it is a New York thing? They were both born there. Ocazio Cortez was born there too.

Boris is hiring more cops to patrol the lawless streets of Britain:

Boris Johnson's drive to hire 20,000 police officers will 'start within weeks'

https://news.sky.com/story/boris-joh...weeks-11770690

Donald Trump and Boris Johnson 'already working on' UK-US free trade deal

Donald Trump has said he and Boris Johnson have already started working on a free trade deal between the US and the UK.

The US president said the pair had spoken since Mr Johnson became prime minister and that they plan to spend time together to formulate an agreement.

Downing Street confirmed that talks between the two leaders had taken place on Friday evening and that they would meet at a G7 summit in Biarritz, France, next month.

Mr Trump told reporters: "We're working already on a trade agreement. And I think it'll be a very substantial trade agreement, you know we can do with the UK, we can do three to four times we were actually impeded by their relationship with the European Union. We were very much impeded on trade. And I think we can do three to four or five times what we're doing."

He added: "We don't do the kind of trade we could do with what some people say is Great Britain. And some people remember a word you don't hear too much is the word England - which is a piece of it. But with the UK we could do much much more trade. And we expect to do that okay. "

Number 10 said Mr Trump had expressed his commitment to an "ambitious free trade agreement", with formal talks to begin "as soon as possible after Britain leaves the EU".
    https://news.sky.com/story/donald-tr...-deal-11771336

Number 10 said Mr Trump had expressed his commitment to an "ambitious free trade agreement", with formal talks to begin "as soon as possible after Britain leaves the EU".

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Boris making some more promises:

Boris Johnson pledges £3.6bn boost for deprived towns

In first major speech, PM seeks to take spotlight off Brexit with plan to ‘turbocharge’ regions

Boris Johnson pledged a £3.6bn boost for deprived towns as he sought to shift the political spotlight from Brexit to the domestic agenda in his first major speech as prime minister.

The Conservative leader said the proposal, which will initially support 100 towns, will help improve transport, broadband and cultural infrastructure. The commitment, announced on Saturday in Manchester, is part of Johnson’s strategy to “turbocharge” regional growth.

He also proposed to fund a new high-speed rail route between Leeds and Manchester but opponents claimed it was a reheated pledge that was first announced five years ago. Johnson is backing the trans-Pennine transport link, which would cut journey times on the 36-mile route between the two cities from 50 minutes to less than half an hour.

Johnson said: “I want to be the prime minister who does with northern powerhouse rail what we did with Crossrail in London. And today I am going to deliver on my commitment to that vision with a pledge to fund the Leeds to Manchester route.”

In front of a crowd of 100 at the city’s Science and Industry Museum, Johnson explained that it would be up to local people to agree on the exact proposal they want. Officials had been tasked to “accelerate” their work on plans so they would be ready for an autumn deal, he said.

Detailed plans about the proposed route will be published in the autumn after a review into HS2, Downing Street has said.

Johnson said he wanted to “inject some pace” into the project to “unlock jobs and boost growth”.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...l-route-pledge

Exclamation SOMEWHERE OUT THERE PIGs ARE STILL FLYING....

Boris Johnson's leadership style when totally P.M sober resembles
    Winston Churchill's worst moments when harvey!wallbanger drunk.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Boris Bounce:

Boris Johnson gets his bounce: Poll finds 10% rise in support for Tories with him as PM - but delaying an election boosts Labour if party ditches Jeremy Corbyn

-The surge in support has given the Conservatives a five-point lead over Labour
    -But if Labour ditched Corbyn, the Tories would trail them by six points
    -The rise corresponds to a ten-point fall for Nigel Farage's Brexit Party
    -Some 55 per cent think there will be an Election by the end of the year
    -The poll came as Mr Johnson's majority could be wiped out by next week

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Tories-PM.html

So far, Boris is saying no early elections. But he does change his mind often. He used to be against Brexit.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-27-2019 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    So far, Boris is saying no early elections.
    But he does change his mind often.
    true...dat.

FOLKs in the U.K are stuck with him....for a TYME.

THEM THERE WINGED PIGs ARE STILL FLYING....

Every home in Britain will get a leaflet to prepare for No Deal: Boris Johnson's 'war cabinet' plans PR blitz with Sajid Javid set to announce £1billion of extra cash to make sure Brexit happens on October 31 'by any means necessary'

-Boris Johnson planning to send No Deal Brexit leaflets to 27 million households

-Leaflets and TV ads will tell people what they need to know about No Deal split

-Mr Johnson creates 'war cabinet' of just six senior ministers to manage Brexit

-Michael Gove says there is a 'very real prospect' of Britain leaving without a deal

-He also says government's working 'assumption' is now a chaotic split from EU

-New poll shows Tory Party has had major 'Boris boost' since he became PM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...al-Brexit.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast