Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump: Not a fan of Bitcoin (which is not money)

Trump: Not a fan of Bitcoin (which is not money)

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not even Trump can stop this boulder from rolling down the mountain.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

(putting aside that FRNs are not money, either)

"Unregulated"

So, Trump is saying that he wants regulation to stop the (always the excuse) drug dealers and whatnot. Bet he gets on board with a regulated Libra and other "official" ones though.

And the Trumpkins will cheer as they turn over the last little bit of privacy they had left. Cuz drug dealers. And Messicans. And drag the rest of us with them...
    Last edited by devil21; 07-11-2019 at 06:42 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Not even Trump can stop this boulder from rolling down the mountain.
    And crashing into a cliff wall and crumbling to dust.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

No biggie. This is just Trumps way of telling us he actually likes bitcoin but can't come out and say it due to the many threats on his life that he gets on a daily and weekly basis.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 07-11-2019 at 07:00 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Not sure I am a " fan " either because it is not money which makes it as least as good as FRN's . I will sell mine when it hits 1 million . Until them I am still all in on land , weapons , ammo , lead , copper , nickel , aluminum , silver , gold , tools , parts etc
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    No biggie. This is just Trumps way of telling us he actually likes bitcoin but can't come out and say it due to the many threats on his life that he gets on a daily and weekly basis.
    So he always says the opposite of what he really means?

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post

"Unregulated"

So, Trump is saying that he wants regulation to stop the (always the excuse) drug dealers and whatnot. Bet he gets on board with a regulated Libra and other "official" ones though.

And the Trumpkins will cheer as they turn over the last little bit of privacy they had left. Cuz drug dealers. And Messicans. And drag the rest of us with them...
    Nothing is going to drag you anywhere. You are in control of your life no matter what the political system.

Anyways, I like blockchain... ..but I still don't exactly see how it can be a currency.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Nothing is going to drag you anywhere. You are in control of your life no matter what the political system.

Anyways, I like blockchain... ..but I still don't exactly see how it can be a currency.
    It can be "currency" as easily as 1s and 0s can be "currency" (i.e. FRN demand deposits and such). It just can't be "money". "Money" has durability, divisibility, portability, acceptability, limited supply and uniformity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    It can be "currency" as easily as 1s and 0s can be "currency" (i.e. FRN demand deposits and such). It just can't be "money". "Money" has durability, divisibility, portability, acceptability, limited supply and uniformity.
    Except anybody can create their own blockchain, with their own rules.
    So assigning value to it because it is a "perfect ledger" doesn't really mean anything.
    It is as much a currency as sea shells or summer camp beads, is my current feeling on it.

More of Trump's tweets on the subject:

"Unregulated"

Correct.

Not according to the Savior of Liberty himself, God Emperor Trump.

One of the forum commissars will provide us with the 4D chess talking points shortly.
    Last edited by TheCount; 07-12-2019 at 08:36 AM.

Interesting that Mr. Orange chooses this time to spout off about crypto. I finally just started getting into it. Of course, as in most matters, he's dead wrong.
    Be careful when you pry my gun from my cold dead hands, the barrel will be hot.

Maybe Trump's thought deeply about monetary economics: a well worn copy of The Theory of Money and Credit adorning his nightstand.

Or...

Cuz drug dealers. And Messicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    So he always says the opposite of what he really means?
    Only when you disagree with what he said; otherwise, he's a straight shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    More like it will crash into a cliff wall and explode into freedom confetti and destroy the banker cabal..

Life isn't going back to like it was in the 1800s. Gold and silver are not optimal for the type of transactions that occur on a global scale. Gold and silver are optimal for longterm wealth storage.. but even then, crypto has some advantages (as well as disadvantages).
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by chudrockz View Post
    Interesting that Mr. Orange chooses this time to spout off about crypto. I finally just started getting into it. Of course, as in most matters, he's dead wrong.
    Trump is right about most of the stuff he talks about that comes from his heart, for example how our foreign policy has been a total disaster, we never should have started all these aggressive wars, we continue to have unfair trade deals that were established back after WWII, etc..

Trump is almost always wrong when he is repeating whatever his advisers just told him that morning. Fortunately those opinions don't tend to stick with him for very long, or at all.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by chudrockz View Post
    How did you JUST start getting into crypto, were you not posting here for that long?? I have an email from 2011 I sent myself telling me to go buy bitcoin at mtgox from one of the several hundred threads we have had on bitcoin in the last 10 years. Admittedly, I tried and it ended up being a tedious and prolonged process to signup for all the different processing companies to get your money into bitcoin back then and I $#@!in dropped the ball at one of the final steps.. but I picked up some eventually, and ended up with an ok chunk.
    Last edited by dannno; 07-12-2019 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Except anybody can create their own blockchain, with their own rules.
    So assigning value to it because it is a "perfect ledger" doesn't really mean anything.
    It is as much a currency as sea shells or summer camp beads, is my current feeling on it.
    Anybody can create their own blockchain, in fact everybody could create one. I don't see your point. You have to convince people with bitcoin, or with dollars, to trade those bitcoin or dollars for the currency you created for it to have value. You have to convince them it potentially has more value than the bitcoin as well as all the other competing cryptos. It doesn't just magically have value because you copied a blockchain, nor does it magically detract from bitcoin's value.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Maybe Trump's thought deeply about monetary economics: a well worn copy of The Theory of Money and Credit adorning his nightstand.

Or...

Only when you disagree with what he said; otherwise, he's a straight shooter.
    I read an interesting anecdote from the man who ghost-wrote The Art of the Deal. He basically said that he never saw any books around in all of the time he worked with Trump on TAOTD and he didn't think Trump had ever actually even read a book before. I'm sure a quick google search would find the comments.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I read an interesting anecdote from the man who ghost-wrote The Art of the Deal. He basically said that he never saw any books around in all of the time he worked with Trump on TAOTD and he didn't think Trump had ever actually even read a book before. I'm sure a quick google search would find the comments.
    https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...iter-tells-all

But Schwartz believes that Trump’s short attention span has left him with “a stunning level of superficial knowledge and plain ignorance.” He said, “That’s why he so prefers TV as his first news source—information comes in easily digestible sound bites.” He added, “I seriously doubt that Trump has ever read a book straight through in his adult life.” During the eighteen months that he observed Trump, Schwartz said, he never saw a book on Trump’s desk, or elsewhere in his office, or in his apartment.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

I was staying at a hotel the other day and I couldn't get the inputs to switch to HDMI so I could watch my firestick on the hotel tv. I went to the front desk and asked if they had a remote, the older woman there said it was against hotel policy. I told her nobody watches tv anymore. She said thought someone had left something inappropriate hooked up one time or something, but wasn't sure. Anyway, that's why she reads books. She was reading a book at the front desk. I can't figure out what book it was, but it had a huge picture of Hillary Clinton on the cover. It's too bad more people aren't like her and you guys, then we could all go back to living in 1915.

I think there are three main categories of people who don't like bitcoin, which are all overlapping:

A. People who aren't smart

B. People who don't understand bitcoin

C. People who are living in the past and are not very adaptable

Then there is a fourth category - people who are threatened by bitcoin. These are the elite bankers, politicians and corporate interests who are dependent on the banks to support their candidacies.

So if you don't like bitcoin you are old and stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    So if you don't like bitcoin you are old and stupid.
    Nope.. well possibly. But not definetely. Maybe you are in the stupid category. I even posted this chart yet some how you came up with that reply:

I also didn't say anything about being old. We have at least one member here who is quite young, but lives in olden times and acts like he is old.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bitcoin is up about 5% after the tweet.

It also went significantly up after facebook announce their Libra coin.

The more the establishment pushes their anti-bitcoin rhetoric, the higher it goes. It's like magic.

I think there are three main categories of people who don't like bitcoin, which are all overlapping:

Then there is a fourth category - people who are threatened by bitcoin. These are the elite bankers, politicians and corporate interests who are dependent on the banks to support their candidacies.
    5th category, people who lost all their Bitcoin and now too late to get in. Due to either exchange bankruptcies, deleted their wallets, theft or sold before the boom.

Only eleven percent even own bitcoins in the US. 90% of those have less than a tenth of a bitcoin. That means that 99% of the population has a tenth or less of a bitcoin (about $110 or less in bitcoin).
    https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018...-mostly-empty/

80% of wallets holding Bitcoin contain less than $100

This ball-busting bear market has lasted almost a full year. No better time to check on how the circulating supply of Bitcoin $BTC▲4.66% is currently distributed.

Recent analysis run by digital asset research firm Delphi found 22.9 million Bitcoin addresses currently hold some Bitcoin (as in, more than none).

Uncomfortably, nearly half contain less than 0.001 BTC ($3.40), and almost 90 percent hold less than one-tenth of a BTC ($340).
    December 2018.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-12-2019 at 04:09 PM.

Which of those applies to Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Which of those applies to Trump?
    Well, if he wrote the tweet and he actually meant it, then a little bit of B, a little bit of C and a lot of influence from the fourth group at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

I was thinking grain of sand, but dust particles is possibly closer, either way, I see it as
    'cashless' , and likely to already be a CIA plant or some Globally funded OP.

What was that story a few weeks ago,,,,,,, 90% of trades are/were essentially 'make believe'
    internal trading....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast