Thread: Where Does Dasani Water Come From? I Was Shocked To Find Out.

Where Does Dasani Water Come From? I Was Shocked To Find Out.

Where Does Dasani Water Come From? I Was Shocked To Find Out.

Many might be under the impression Dasani consists of pure water. In reality, Dasani is tap water with added minerals – some of which can cause unwanted side effects.

Dasani is a popular brand which sells plain bottled water as well as sparkling water and flavored water. Most people, even if they are extremely health-conscious, don’t think twice before unscrewing a bottle of water and drinking their fill; almost no one carefully analyzes the ingredients list on a bottle of water before consuming it. One may assume that the only ingredient in a bottle of water is, well, water – but in many cases, it is not. Minerals and other additives are thrown in to “purify” or “enhance” the water, some of which come with harmful side effects.

As far as Dasani’s sparkling and flavored water products, they are one of the healthiest options on the market. Unlike many other flavored sparkling waters, Dasani’s products do not contain artificial flavors or added sweeteners. They also do not contain sugary juice or calories. However, while Dasani’s sparkling and flavored water products do not come with a plethora of unhealthy additives, they should be drunk only in moderation. Always remember that plain water is a much healthier alternative to any type of enhanced water.

The Dangers of Dasani Plain Waters
    Despite the relative healthiness of Dasani enhanced water products, their plain bottled water is less safe. Dasani does not bottle natural spring water; instead, they package tap water (from a public source). In order to purify this tap water, they add magnesium sulfate, potassium chloride, and salt, all of which have potentially harmful side effects.

Magnesium sulfate is especially dangerous for pregnant women as it can cause serious birth defects to unborn fetuses. Potassium chloride is actually a chemical used in lethal injections and can cause negative side effects such as muscle weakness, diarrhea, nausea, and cardiovascular problems.

While the salt added to Dasani water is not necessarily harmful, it can cause those who drink the water to consume much more sodium than their maximum daily recommended intake. That said, water is still water and is one of six essential nutrients humans need to live. There are, however, many healthier alternatives to Dasani water in which don’t contain any extra additives.

Possible short-term side effects
    diarrhea
    muscle weakness
    nausea

Possible long-term side effects
    weight gain
    cardiovascular problems
    birth defects in babies

Ingredients to be aware of
    magnesium sulfate
    potassium chloride
    sodium
    tap water
    https://thecompleteherbalguide.com/e...-shocked-find/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Safer to get a beer .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Safer to get a beer .
    Adolph Coors considered water to be the key ingredient for a perfect beer. Therefore, he decided to locate Adolph Coors Company in Golden, Colorado in 1873. The Rocky Mountains are the primary source of the water used in its beer.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

In other news Santa isn't real.

ITT "TIL Dasani is coke without the coke"
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    ITT "TIL Dasani is coke without the coke"
    Aquafina is Pepsi.

Funny piece. Under "dangerous side effects" it notes:

the salt added to Dasani water is not necessarily harmful,
    "Drinking water may cause weight gain!" LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Funny piece. Under "dangerous side effects" it notes:

"Drinking water may cause weight gain!" LOL!
    Yep certain minerals in the water are not good for you. Guess you missed that part.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Yep certain minerals in the water are not good for you. Guess you missed that part.
    In large quantities. Dosage matters. You never seem to get that concept. Magnesium sulfate is better known as "Epsom salts". The amounts of the salts in water are so small you would have to drink gallons a day every day.

https://time.com/3029191/bottled-wat...rition-health/

Next time you reach for a bottle of water on store shelves, take a look at the ingredient list. You’re likely to find that it includes more than just water.

Popular bottled water brand Dasani, for example, lists magnesium sulfate, potassium chloride, and salt alongside purified water on its Nutrition Facts label. SmartWater contains calcium chloride, magnesium chloride, and potassium bicarbonate. Nestle Pure Life’s list includes calcium chloride, sodium bicarbonate, and magnesium sulfate. And these are just a few brands. Bottled water companies are purifying water, but then they’re adding extra ingredients back.

None of this should be cause for health concerns, says Marion Nestle, professor of Nutrition, Food Studies, and Public Health and professor of Sociology at New York University. The additives being put into water are those naturally found in water and the quantities of these additives are likely too small to be of much significance. “If you had pure water by itself, it doesn’t have any taste,” says Bob Mahler, Soil Science and Water Quality professor at the University of Idaho. “So companies that sell bottled water will put in calcium, magnesium or maybe a little bit of salt.”
    Many of the ingredients that are added to bottled water occur naturally in tap water and in our daily diets. Potassium chloride, for example, is a chemical compound that is often used as a supplement for potassium, which benefits heart health and aids normal muscular and digestive functions. Magnesium chloride, magnesium sulfate, and calcium chloride are all inorganic salts.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recommends that Americans reduce current levels of sodium intake by 2,300 mg per day, so you would have to drink a lot of water to make much of a difference, Nestle says. The typical amount of sodium in water averages at around 17 mg per liter.
    That means you can drink 135 liters of water a day and be OK. That is about 35 gallons.

Hmmmm I drink Dasani constantly. It is my preferred brand of water (I can't afford Fiji all the time)
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

In large quantities. Dosage matters. You never seem to get that concept. Magnesium sulfate is better known as "Epsom salts". The amounts of the salts in water are so small you would have to drink gallons a day every day.

https://time.com/3029191/bottled-wat...rition-health/

That means you can drink 135 liters of water a day and be OK. That is about 35 gallons.
    What you keep on missing is that there are other things in that water as well, Bioaccumulation is also the problem. People drink water everyday, that is why I like filtered water that gets all the VOC's and other junk in it, ohhhh, yeah, glyphosate which has been found in well water and in tap.

Remember you also shower in it too. You skin is the biggest organ on your body.

What you keep on missing is that there are other things in that water as well, Bioaccumulation is also the problem. People drink water everyday, that is why I like filtered water that gets all the VOC's and other junk in it, ohhhh, yeah, glyphosate which has been found in well water and in tap.

My water pressure is already bad, if I got a whole home filtration system I'd be showering under a dripping shower head
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    My water pressure is already bad, if I got a whole home filtration system I'd be showering under a dripping shower head
    https://www.amazon.com/Filtered-Show.../dp/B011PVKJRQ
    https://theberkey.com/blogs/water-fi...does-it-remove
    https://www.healthygreensavvy.com/shower-filters/

No filtration system can get every molecule which is not water from your water. It will still contain contaminants. (but like Dasani- not enough to be harmful- Dasani does use tap water but they filter it before adding a few grains of salts for flavor).

What does the Propur ProOne G2.0 filter element remove?

This is what impressed me the most about Propur. An independent lab tested the ProOne G2.0 filter element for all kinds of contaminants. The results show that the filter eliminates all or almost all of the following:

volatile and semi-volatile organic contaminants
    heavy metals
    pesticides
    disinfectants and inorganic non-metallic contaminants (including chlorine and fluoride)
    herbicides
    microcystins
    bacteria and viruses
    radiological contaminants
    microplastics

Propur is one of the best filters for lead removal. The lab data shows that it removes 100% of lead. That's impressive!

As far as "good" minerals go, the filter reduces calcium somewhat (about 81%), but it does not remove any magnesium and only 2.5% of potassium.

Of course, it also takes out bad tastes and odors, leaving you with delicious fresh-tasting water.
    https://thesafehealthyhome.com/propur-water-filter/

https://thesafehealthyhome.com/propur-water-filter/

but it does not remove any magnesium and only 2.5% of potassium.
    Your OP said those two things were toxic.

Magnesium sulfate is especially dangerous for pregnant women as it can cause serious birth defects to unborn fetuses. Potassium chloride is actually a chemical used in lethal injections and can cause negative side effects such as muscle weakness, diarrhea, nausea, and cardiovascular problems.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not surprised. If you read the labels, a lot of bottled waters come from municipal sources.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Your OP said those two things were toxic.
    The OP states:

"Magnesium sulfate is especially dangerous for pregnant women as it can cause serious birth defects to unborn fetuses. Potassium chloride is actually a chemical used in lethal injections and can cause negative side effects such as muscle weakness, diarrhea, nausea, and cardiovascular problems."

FDA warns about magnesium sulfate effects on newborns
    https://www.mdedge.com/obgyn/article...fects-newborns

Potassium Chloride is in a lot of things like prepackaged food.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Adolph Coors considered water to be the key ingredient for a perfect beer. Therefore, he decided to locate Adolph Coors Company in Golden, Colorado in 1873. The Rocky Mountains are the primary source of the water used in its beer.
    Ya , I figure the bottled water was the stuff not good enough to make beer or bourbon with . Anyway , in before Collins says he drinks the cheap ones since he cannot afford the walmart special .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Not surprised. If you read the labels, a lot of bottled waters come from municipal sources.
    Municipal is an ominous sounding word. I'm not buying that , nothing like that on the Old Grand Dad label. Municipal drags up night visions of revenuers and tax men . Scary
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    [FONT="]Adolph Coors[/FONT] considered water to be the key ingredient for a perfect beer. Therefore, he decided to locate Adolph Coors Company in Golden, Colorado in 1873. The Rocky Mountains are the primary source of the water used in its beer.
    Coors banquet beer (their regular beer) is still brewed in Golden but they are using municipal water for it. Coors Light is made in several plants across the country and the too use municipal water. (Molson bought them a few years ago).

Not that water matters that much, said Bill Coors, former chairman of Adolph Coors Co.

“With modern technology, water is water. Anything in the water you don’t want, it is easy to get that out and put in what you do want,” Coors said.
    https://www.denverpost.com/2007/06/0...ater-is-water/

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Municipal is an ominous sounding word. I'm not buying that , nothing like that on the Old Grand Dad label. Municipal drags up night visions of revenuers and tax men . Scary
    Government water.

When my dad caught me drunk, he lectured me on the evils of Government Liquor. My mom would be trying to yell at me and get me in trouble and my dad would just calmly try to explain to me that if I had some good ol moonshine I wouldn't have been able to drink it fast enough to get drunk. His theory was that you could feel "good ol moonshine" going down and you got your feel on right away but Government Liquor was weak and sneaky, it went down too easy and it would sneak up on you and hit you like a ton of bricks. Then he made me breakfast and told me about all the hot babes he dated before me met my mom. When I got older and switched to Government wine, he would give me the Government Liquor talk and then tell me how to make good ol muscadine wine before I got breakfast and after his stroke, he'd tell my mom to put on some grits because Lucy's been drinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

With a word like Dasani I'd think that water came from India or some country in Africa.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge