Thread: Hair discrimination?

Hair discrimination?

https://news.yahoo.com/california-ou...074244301.html

California has become the first US state to make race-related hair discrimination illegal.

Governor Gavin Newsom signed the ‘CROWN Act' into law on Wednesday, prohibiting employers and schools from enforcing hair-grooming policies that restrict natural hairstyles such as Afros and protective styles.

"The CROWN Act is redefining the cultural norms of 'professional images' for all people," said Senator Holly J. Mitchell, who first introduced the bill, ushering it through the California Senate in April and the California Assembly in June.

The bill was strongly supported by the CROWN Coalition, an alliance made up of the National Urban League, Western Center on Law & Poverty, Color Of Change, and the Unilever-owned beauty giant Dove. The acronym stands for ‘Creating a Respectful and Open World for Natural Hair.' The coalition is also supporting similar bills in New York and New Jersey.

Evidently this is enough of a thing that California felt compelled to pass a law.
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    It is a deconstructionist society. In an age of overload of information, truth of words has become irrelevant. Truth of meaning is all that is left.
    You can't even handle freedom in the fake world.
    2 + 2 = 5.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would never discriminate against anybody with any type of hairstyle.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I would never discriminate against anybody with any type of hairstyle.

Is that an iguana? Dude better stay out of Florida.
    There is only one kind of freedom and that's individual liberty. Our lives come from our creator
    and our liberty comes from our creator. It has nothing to do with government granting it. -Ron Paul

RAND 20/20

I am glad the issue has been dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post

Is that an iguana? Dude better stay out of Florida.
    Yes as ridiculous as those hairstyles may be, I'll still allow them.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

What if my hairstyle consists of my own $#@! smeared over my head? Would I still be allowed? Where is the line? Is there a line?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    What if my hairstyle consists of my own $#@! smeared over my head? Would I still be allowed? Where is the line? Is there a line?
    Fine with me. I'll even plug my nose with a clothespin so I don't have to smell it.

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The lizard mohawk is pretty cool.
    It is a deconstructionist society. In an age of overload of information, truth of words has become irrelevant. Truth of meaning is all that is left.
    You can't even handle freedom in the fake world.
    2 + 2 = 5.