Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Iranian official threatens to seize British oil tanker

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Nope I am not in favor giving them a reason, I've said multiple times I would be willing to forget about history if they forget about history. I just won't pretend like they don't want to kill us because they do, and for justified reasons.
    They don't all want to kill us anymore than all of us want to kill them.
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    We don't even have control over our government and NGO's, I am not going to pretend like they have a leash on all of their dogs. If they call their dogs off, we can talk about calling our dogs off.

Does that do anything more to protect us than the fact that we didn't all want to invade Lybia protected Ghaddafi?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Does that do anything more to protect us than the fact that we didn't all want to invade Lybia protected Ghaddafi?
    Of course not, is that any reason to support going down the same path again?
    "The Patriarch"

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    Wrong. Iran is being bullied by the United States, not visa versa.
    Iran has every reason to want to destroy the United States.
    I don't blame them.

Once they announce they have nukes, and get the respect they deserve, America will have to change it's tone, and there will be more peace, and probably even domestic change and liberalization in Iran.

But America doesn't want Iran to have nukes, because America does not want to have to respect them, not because America is afraid Iran will nuke the world.
    Last edited by UWDude; 07-05-2019 at 08:40 PM.

Of course not, is that any reason to support going down the same path again?
    No and I don't.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    I don't blame them.

Once they announce they have nukes, and get the respect they deserve, America will have to change it's tone, and there will be more peace, and probably even domestic change and liberalization in Iran.

But America doesn't want Iran to have nukes, because America does not want to have to respect them, not because America is afraid Iran will nuke the world.
    You're talking about governments. You're talking about $#@!stain power grubbers. I'm talking about people.
    "The Patriarch"

I don't blame them.

only the god emperor of the united states gets to use nukes, god damn it.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Once they announce they have nukes, .
    Which is never,, as they have repeatedly had no interest in Nukes or any indiscriminate weapon of mass destruction...

They have experienced and survived such , and are Morally and Legally opposed to their use.

They have impressive Targeted Conventional weapons though.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Which is never,, as they have repeatedly had no interest in Nukes or any indiscriminate weapon of mass destruction...

They have experienced and survived such , and are Morally and Legally opposed to their use.

They have impressive Targeted Conventional weapons though.
    Saddam's American Chemical Weapons almost broke them last time.

The power of a nuke alone makes enemies know they will never actually win. No matter how many conventional weapons they have.

Iran already has nukes, and have done a test. BAM They are sand bagging. Israel doesn't, as I noted earlier. I've always known they were bluffing. Iran has never been afraid of the nukes they knew Israel doesn't have. American nukes are the issue.

Banned

Blog Entries
    You're talking about governments. You're talking about $#@!stain power grubbers. I'm talking about people.
    If American had Iranian Nuclear wraheads pointed at them, and sanctions punched on them, they would be a hell of a lot more nationalistic than they are now. Tribalism forges under threat, splinters under peace.

The power of a nuke alone makes enemies know they will never actually win. No matter how many conventional weapons they have.

Iran already has nukes, and have done a test. BAM They are sand bagging. Israel doesn't, as I noted earlier. I've always known they were bluffing. Iran has never been afraid of the nukes they knew Israel doesn't have. American nukes are the issue.
    Lol
    "The Patriarch"

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Israel has an estimated 200-400 nuclear warheads- been so for a long time.
    There is no spoon.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Israel has an estimated 200-400 nuclear warheads- been so for a long time.
    Vanunu had a very dark tan when he was released from prison.
    I remember watching long long time ago, and thinking "he looks like somebody who has been beach bumming, not someone who was in solitary confinement for 11 years, as the Israeli government claimed"
    Last edited by UWDude; 07-06-2019 at 10:14 AM.

Lol
    my thought exactly.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-48956547

Threat level raised to 'critical' for UK ships in Iranian waters

The UK has raised the threat to British shipping in Iranian waters in the Gulf to the highest level - where the risk of attack is "critical".

The step was taken on Tuesday, amid growing tensions in the region.

On Wednesday, Iranian boats tried to impede a British oil tanker in the region - before being driven off by a Royal Navy ship, the MoD said.

Iran had threatened to retaliate for the seizure of one of its own tankers, but denied any attempted seizure.

The Department for Transport said it regularly provided security advice to UK ships in high-risk areas.

The threat level means British ships are advised not to enter Iranian waters, BBC defence correspondent Jonathan Beale said.

Boats believed to belong to Iran's Islamic Revolution Guard Corps (IRGC) approached the British Heritage tanker and tried to bring it to a halt as it was moving out of the Gulf into the Strait of Hormuz.

HMS Montrose, a British frigate shadowing the BP-owned tanker, was forced to move between the three boats and the ship,
    a Ministry of Defence spokesman said.

He described the Iranians' actions as "contrary to international law".

Guns on HMS Montrose were trained on the Iranian boats as they were ordered to back off, US media reported. The boats heeded the warning and no shots were fired.

Last week, British Royal Marines helped the authorities in Gibraltar seize an Iranian tanker because of evidence it was carrying oil to Syria in breach of EU sanctions.

A spokesman for the Royal Gibraltar Police said they had arrested the captain and chief officer of the Iranian tanker on Thursday, on suspicion of breaching EU sanctions, but neither had been charged.
    more at link.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Ron Paul has a word for neocon/MIC propagandists: #FakeNews

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123